Author Topic: trying to steal my stand!!  (Read 838 times)

Offline okieshooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
  • shoot for the moon, land in the stars
trying to steal my stand!!
« on: September 03, 2008, 05:49:06 AM »
Someone hung a ladder stand, put out a mineral block and a 30 gallon plastic auto feeder hanging from a tree about 150 yards from my stand!! I am off the road a ways and he is off the road about 6 feet ::) ::). in the middle of a camp ground. I guess he is afraid of getting lost  :D. Anyway cows will not leave his minerals alone and you can see where a bear clawed up the tree to tear the bottom out his feeder for the second time, demolished the first barrel and now his dispenser. I have been wondering where to set my camper for season as he put his camper in my spot already but I guess I may just put it under his treestand since it is set-up right by mine. Gotta love those out-of-towners.
Thanks,
Okieshooter

Offline mattmillerrx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: trying to steal my stand!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 09:18:50 AM »
Well really, you won't have to worry about anyone stealing your stand now.  They will steal his instead since it is 6 ft off the road.  Your post is not what I thought it was going to be about, but stand stealing is a problem in the area I use to hunt.  I would guess this guy will probably move things around a bit when he finds the mess you found.  Is this public land or does he have permission to hunt the same land as you?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 10:49:50 AM »
If it's public land he has the same right to it as you and it's then in that case NOT your stand. Since he put his stand so close to the road he likely has no clue you have a stand further back in. Hunting public land has its pitfalls and putting up with others who have also found your perfect spot is one of them. If it's your own private land remove his stuff and call the authorities to report the trespass. If it's private land owned by another you have permission on tell them and let them deal with it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 11:46:34 AM »
I had an acquaintence move in on my honey hole once and build a big tripod over a line of scrapes I had been bowhunting in the Natl Forest.  I never asked him if he knew that was where I hunted but I had told his son where I usually hunted.  I just moved a couple hundred yards the direction the deer normally came from and bagged the big buck on opening morning of gun season.  The johnny-come-lately shot at a spike four times and never touched it. It surprised me he even saw a deer because he parked his van and camped about 50 yards from his stand.  Don't get mad. Some people just don't know any better.  They probably rode the short bus when they went to school.

Offline SingleShotShorty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 03:02:38 PM »
I had a guy once weasle his way into my hunting spot and he put up a ladder stand, so I would go in when I knew he wasn't hunting and move his ladder to a new tree, like to drove him nuts. but at least it was the last season he hunted there.
Old Age and Treachery Will Alway's Overcome
Youth and Skill.

Offline okieshooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
  • shoot for the moon, land in the stars
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 05:09:53 AM »
I just wanted to gripe a little guys. It is on a hunting lease and a group of Texans bought in and hung feeders everywhere to get an idea where the game was. I just foresee when I show up to hunt they will tell me to move they had feeders there all summer when I started hunting these spots over 20 years ago. I don't want any arguments but will not let them run me off either.
Thanks,
Okieshooter