Author Topic: Price check on Colt Buntline  (Read 573 times)

Offline weasel

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
Price check on Colt Buntline
« on: September 03, 2008, 11:49:32 AM »
.22 with mag cyl., gold etching on the cyls, 12" (I think) bbl, the guy wants $400. Whatdya think?

Thanks, Jim

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Price check on Colt Buntline
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 12:04:50 PM »
That seems to be about the average going price on them surprisingly those are about the only guns with Colt on them that don't command high prices.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 10:38:46 AM »
I agree with Graybeard.  I think you will find that barrel is 9" on the .22's.  It was 12" on the big bores.  44 man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 05:47:04 PM »
Hmmmm?   The buntline barrel length will depend on which model it is - whether a Frontier Scout, Peacemaker or New Frontier.   By model the buntline 22 rimfires were: Scout 9 1/2", Peacemaker 7 1/2" and New Frontier 7 1/2".   So if it's got a 12" barrel, it's a custom barrel added by someone.

I had both Scouts and Peacemakers with shorter barrels, but the New Frontier convertable I bought for tree rat hunting soon after they came out (about 1970-71) was a 7 1/2" Buntline.

What's it worth will be dependant on condition, which model, vintage and how bad a buyer wants one.   So $400 could be either way high or low depending on those factors.

FWIW, I had two sets of custom grips made for my NF by David Wallan and when I sold it in 1996 I got $650 for it in about 95% condition with all three grip sets.

Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus