Author Topic: The wierdest thing just happened with my daughter.  (Read 427 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
The wierdest thing just happened with my daughter.
« on: September 03, 2008, 05:00:43 PM »
The weirdest thing just happened with my daughter. I was down in the kitchen eating some pizza and my daughter come out of the bathroom next to the kitchen. She said look what I just dug out of my ear. I was brown and almost the size of a pea. My daughter is 12 years old now and in 7Th grade. Well in first grade my wife had to go pick her up from school because she took one of those brown paper towels that they have in the school bathrooms and rolled it up into little balls and put it in her ear. I remember coming home from work and having to go out and buy ear wash and a ear scope to look inside the canal of the ear. My wife did the wash thing that night and we did retrieve one of the balls. We looked in her ear and could not see anything else and figured all was fine. She has had a couple ear infections over the years in that ear but the doctors never even saw it. I really had my doughts that this could be a ball of paper towel after 6 years because my daughter spends hundreds of hours in the swimming pool during the summer and I figured it would have washed out long ago. Well I finished my pizza and asked her to dig it out of the trash can because I wanted to look at it closer. This thing was about as hard as a rock and really took some doing to make it separate. Sure enough after working it,it started peeling in layers like a brown paper towel. I really am amazed this thing has been in her ear for 6 years and no one has caught it. She said the past few days it felt like she had water in her ear. By the way she says she can hear a little better. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: The wierdest thing just happened with my daughter.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 04:33:24 AM »
Kinda had something similar happen to me. When I was in the 8th grade, '67-'68, I had a ''friend'', clowning around, stab my arm with a pencil. I was talking with him, with my right arm/elbow, on his desk. The tip of the pencil lead, broke off just above my right elbow. It was in pretty deep, didn't bleed much, just figured it would fester up and pop out. Well, it did, about 4 years ago. My wife worked it out, and put a band-aid on it. When I looked at it, I started to laugh. She asked me, what's so funny. I said, that piece of pencil lead, has been in my arm, longer than you've been alive.(my wife was born in 1972)
By the way, DALESCARPENTRY, wasn't your wife a big Hillary fan. Now that McCain has picked Palin, has she re-thought who she's going to vote for? My wife always liked McCain, even when Huckabee and the rest were still in the race. Now that he's picked Sarah, I wouldn't be surprised to find a McCain/Palin flag flying over our house when I get home from a gun show. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 04:50:03 AM »
Me being a carpenter I get spliters almost daily. I have got them and have had them fester up months later. My wife may not vote at all since Hillary lost. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 08:27:06 AM »
That's wild good for her that it's out.

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 09:18:49 AM »
Wow, 6 years!

Now her hearing is better...that may explain a lot.  My kids must have something clogged in their ears, too, cause they're pretty bad listeners most of the time  ;)

I would have figured it was just a plain old ball of wax, interesting that you thought to "examine" it better
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 03:02:42 PM »
hi  dale...i  had  a  cedar splinter  in  my thumb.....18  months  later  it  popped  out  the  other side  dry as a  bone  ,,something  wrong  with  me  i  dont  fester
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.