Author Topic: PALIN POWER....  (Read 3639 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
PALIN POWER....
« on: September 03, 2008, 06:20:33 PM »

Sure looks like Gov Sarah "hit one out of the park" tonight...

Rarely do we find great beauty, brains, and verbal power in one person...
  Sarah hit a homer with all bases loaded...a positively brilliant choice !

..And that beautiful family is just icing on the cake...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: PALIN POWER....
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 06:31:48 PM »

she got my vote
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 07:09:53 PM »
Like I've been trying to tell everyone she is the real deal, what you see is what you get.  Like Rudy G said she has more executive experience than Obama and Biden put together.

Wasn't Piper cute at the end, standing there waving to everyone beside her Mom.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline RANGER RICK

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 07:43:41 PM »
Sara Palin did an outstanding job to say the least .
She will do fine in the live debates for sure !!!!!!!!!!
Going to miss our Governor !!!!

RR
PRACTICE DOES NOT MAKE PERFECT !!! PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT !!!!!
HOME OF THE FAMOUS TRYANNOSAURUS THUMPERS !!!!!!!

Offline nilescoyote

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 09:14:56 PM »

she got my vote

+2

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 12:27:43 AM »
The best part was when piper licked her hand & straightened her baby brothers hair, Shes a very impressive speaker, She should do well during the debates, Gunna be an  interesting couple a months.
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 12:29:29 AM »
The key to this lady is honesty, integrity, and family.  I think Sourdough is on the mark.  The whole family is the "real deal".  That loving little girl holding her brother, licking her hand and trying to slick down his hair was so real.  And all the while mom was politely putting the opposition in it's rightful place.  

I feel I've heard and understand enough about McCain already.  It was so refreshing to hear more about this family.  If McCain wins this election it will be strictly because of Sarah Palin and her family.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 01:46:43 AM »
TOUCH EM ALL SARAH PALIN!

I have had my doughts about voting against Barrak Hussien Obama by voting for Mc Cain. When I go to the poll in November I will be voting for Sarah. She seems like a tough woman withut being a a B!#@# like Hitlary.

I intented to start a thread with the TOUCH EM ALL SARAH PALIN! Quote above, but I see the baseball reference has allready been used. Actually I am seeing the home run or grand slam references being used in almost every story out there.

Its nice to see am American candidate that reminds us of baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and chevrolet. I been tired of the libs pushing soccer, tacos, diversity pie and toyota. What refreshing American candidate Mc Cain picked for a VP.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 02:11:14 AM »
what a speech, what a lady, what a choice!!!!

hold on folks,  cause now the character assasins are coming.   it is going to turn your stomachs with what they are going to try to do to her.  but after last night,  america has a new sweetheart and i predict the more they try to demonize her, the more america is going to love and embrace her and her family.   

like i said before,  this election isnt even going to be close.  i predict a landslide.   ALL BECAUSE OF SARA.  who would have believed it two months ago?   my hope is restored.   ;D

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 02:12:52 AM »
Anyone hated by the media, as much as they hate her has got to be my #1 choice.

Rudy's speech was excellent IMO.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 03:00:12 AM »
The first rule of politics is if you opponent is about to sink themselves step aside and let them. ;D if the left thought Governor Palin wasn't a serious threat they would be applauding the picking of a woman. I don't always agree with Senator McCain but I never doubt his Honor.  Ronald Reagan Had the power to inspire us to do great things that we, not government made America great we could do if government just got out of the way. I see that  kind of inspiration coming from Governor Palin  That is why the liberals fear Her people will believe Her when She tell the they  can do it with out government help
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 03:59:06 AM »
This is the kind of woman, that scare's the lib's. She's not out making big noise with protest's and yelling and screaming into a camera about womens rights, or gay rights or whatever. She just gets the job done. There is going to be tough times, in our lives, and for the country. Roll your sleeve's up, and fix the problem. The only question I have, is her stand on the immagration issue. That's the main issue that I a problem with, with McCain. And I havn't been able to find out her stand in illegal aliens. Hope she's tougher on it than John.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 04:09:22 AM »
Gypsy;
  I  too have been concerned with some differences I have with McCain policies. I think he should be tougher on illegals (if I got the
 straight story about it), I don't like McCain-Feingold at all..But I will go with McCain-Palin..

When we consider what Obama-Pelosi would do to us and our freedoms..when aided by Harry Reid, and realizing we WILL GET one
  team or the other..

THAT MAKES OUR CHOICE MUCH SIMPLER !

Old Syko & burntmuch;
  I did notice little Piper slicking down her baby brother's hair..not exactly Washington establishment correct..but so natural, so real and so
  like a "loving family" should be !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline FourBee

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 04:33:11 AM »
 :D No doubt in my mind that Governor Palin's speech last night swept up the American vote.   And I have a feeling that she's going to clean house too. ;D
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 06:24:12 AM »
Reading the above posts makes it even more plain to me that all the excitment and renewed hope for a Repub President is because of the VP choice. It certainly has taken away what little limelight McCain had and put it on Gov.Palin as if  S H E  was the Presidental candidate.  She could be the Presz. shortly what with John's age etc. ;)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 06:42:41 AM »
I've been disappointed and burned a few times with McCain.  Not this time.  McCain's pick of Governor Palin was a world series, bottom of the 9th, 2 out, 3-2 count, grand slam.
She combined beauty, wit, humor, toughness, and most of all, COMMON SENSE. 
I have not seen any conservative, running for office, this inspirational, since Ronald Reagan. 
I think she very well one day could become President.
" we are screwed "

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 10:23:38 AM »
IT'S OK TO DREAM!!!!!!!!!

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 10:27:50 AM »
Another Alaskan's views on Ms Palin (in case Sourdough's is insufficient).

Subject: FW: Sarah Palin (from an Alaskan)

This was sent to us by some friends of ours.  It pretty much sums up the majority of Alaskans point of view on Sarah Palin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judy, Sarah Palin is the US’s answer to Margaret Thatcher! Anyone who thinks she cannot handle the job or deal briskly and efficiently with ANY issue, including foreign governments … well, they haven’t met our Sarah <grin>.

As an Alaskan resident as well as a resident of Wasilla, AK, where Sarah Palin was at one time Mayor … I can speak with confidence. Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska is exactly what she portrayed during her introduction this morning and exactly what our US Government needs. She is ethical to a fault (if there is such a thing), a refreshing change to the status-quo and as smart and determined a PERSON (gender really isn’t an issue here as far as I’m concerned) as anyone could ask for at the head of government.

Sarah is no naïve “small town mayor” – she just *started out* there. Btw, as Mayor of Wasilla, she brought this “small town” through a lot of GOOD changes and left it at the end of her term having grown to the 4th largest CITY in Alaska – a lot of growth and a stronger economic base than ever before.

She has EXECTUTIVE experience *running a government* (something NONE of the other candidates can actually boast, even John McCain <g>) as Governor of Alaska and got there by defeating the *incumbent* Republican Governor, who was definitely part of the “old school” and who WAS very much in the pocket of the big oil companies. We in Alaska wanted change – and we got it in the person of Sarah Palin!

Sarah Palin is everything she looks to be and more. Her approval rating as Governor of Alaska has been as high as 95% and is currently leveled out consistently in the upper 80 percentile throughout the state (and in both parties) - the HIGHEST approval rating of ANY sitting Governor.

Sarah has been turning around corruption in the Legislature of Alaska - turning things on their ear for that matter; cutting spending in spite of the increased income the state is currently receiving due to the high oil prices - she has insisted on putting a huge amount of the 'windfall' into savings for the future rather than spending, spending, spending - and has insisted from the get-go on what she refers to as 'honest, ethical and transparent governing' - no more closed door meetings and dealings - the big oil companies thought she would be a pushover and have learned better to their chagrin.

She understands the 'real people' and the economic issues we all face (Alaskans along with the rest of the country) - she was one of 'us' not long ago. Rather than passing useless 'laws' or throwing money at pet projects, she (most recently) temporarily suspended the state gas tax (on gasoline at the pumps, fuel oil and natural gas for homes, etc.) and has ordered checks issued to ALL residents of Alaska this fall in an attempt to assist with the burden of high fuel costs for the upcoming winter. I could go on and on, but that's enough for now <smile>. She isn’t doing these things to be popular – she is doing it because her constituents are HURTING financially and she can help.

She became Governor of Alaska by defeating the Incumbent Republican Governor and doing it *without* the money or the support of the Republican Party, which was amazing in itself - and she won by a landslide. The 'powers that be' at that time totally underestimated Sarah and learned better the hard way. She has done exactly what she claimed she was going to do and is just as popular today as the day she was elected - perhaps more so since even the Democrats up here seem to like her - she works well with both sides in the Legislature here.

Sarah 'belongs' to us (Alaskans) ... and although we are going to be terribly sorry to see her leave before she finishes the job she started here (two years ago) straightening out OUR State <grin> ... we understand she is needed for a bigger purpose and hopefully her Lt. Governor will be able to fill her shoes here and continue the job.

As for worrying about what would happen if McCain were to die or step down or whatever ... Theta, up here in AK we've only been wondering how long we would be able to KEEP Sarah in Alaska and have seen her as our first woman President of the USA from the start. It's always been a matter of whether she would wait until the end of her TWO terms as Governor (no doubt at ALL that she would be re-elected if she ran for a second term at the end of her current term) ... or end up in Washington sooner. She could do the job TODAY.

Personally, I feel a lot better about McCain now that I know he has someone as savvy, as strong, as ethical and as steady as Sarah at his back. She will be an excellent Vice President ... and my guess is will be our US Republican Presidential candidate in four years - AND by then the country will KNOW her – will love and respect her as we do here - and she'll win by as much of a landslide as she did here in Alaska. I only wonder if McCain has a clue what he is unleashing on the US of A <grin>. She is going to be a fresh wind, but also a strong wind.

Is that enough of an endorsement? If not, I'll add this ... Jerry and I have for many years felt the best 'vote' was to vote for the lesser of two 'evils' and hope they didn't do too much damage. Two years ago during our State Governor's race was the first time EVER that we actually asked for not just a little sign to put in our yard showing our support of our candidate (something we've never felt the desire to do at all before) - we asked for a full 4' x 8' 'SARAH PALIN FOR GOVERNOR!' sign and were proud to have it. She hasn't let us or Alaska down. She will do the same for the USA if given the opportunity.

Feel free to pass this on to anyone who may be interested (and spam those who aren’t!).

-Deb Frost in Alaska

Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 10:43:54 AM »
I've been disappointed and burned a few times with McCain.  Not this time.  McCain's pick of Governor Palin was a world series, bottom of the 9th, 2 out, 3-2 count, grand slam.
She combined beauty, wit, humor, toughness, and most of all, COMMON SENSE. 
I have not seen any conservative, running for office, this inspirational, since Ronald Reagan. 
I think she very well one day could become President.

Hannity used my quote on the radio today, almost word for word.
OK, which one of you is Hannity?    ;D
" we are screwed "

Offline Casull

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 11:16:38 AM »
IT'S OK TO DREAM!!!!!!!!!

I agree.  We should leave Hussein O. something.   ;D
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 11:51:55 AM »
Hannity  the boot licker no thanks.  :P

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 08:36:58 AM »
Ever notice how ms dislikes anyone that is not in step with his brother obama.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 02:09:08 PM »
   McCain also was impressive last night..laid it on the line. I don't doubt his sincerity..unlike his opponent.
  Here is a "man's man", someone our youth can look up to..someone the Russians and terrorists will have
  to respect !

Latest news   
        This summer has seen more violent killings in Chicago, than in all of Iraq !  We hear Barack Hussein Obama calling for a
  near future pullout from Iraq..but he never mentions a shutdown of his own hometown... ;) ;D  The Democrats complain about
  the ineffectiveness of the Iraqi govt (in business for 2 years)..Ironically, the Democrats machine has ruled over Chicago for
  a century, and their place is presently..more lawless than Iraq.

Guess their star "community organizer"  didn't help much ! :o :D ;D :-*

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/chicago.summer.shootings.2.810166.html

Offline Oldtimer

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 03:12:53 PM »
Watching Piper onstage the other night makes me think we may be voting for her in about thirty years.  She has great bloodlines, and can charm a crowd already. :D

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 03:45:39 PM »
If the shut down Chicago, how will all those dead democrats be able to vote as they do in every election?
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline jdt48653

• Contributor
  • walk softly and carry a 264
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 03:48:19 PM »
what a crock! she&maccain both lied about selling the jet on ebay,it was never sold on ebay.she was for the bridge to no-where befor she was against it,
and she still spent the money,and they said the jet was sold at a profit,when it actually was sold for a loss!

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 03:54:29 PM »
What's the matter jdt48653, does a strong attractive woman make you wet yourself?

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 04:07:39 PM »
I like her.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline jdt48653

• Contributor
  • walk softly and carry a 264
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 04:14:19 PM »
eva braun was like that!

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 04:16:07 PM »
I believe eva braun was like Hillary, but attractive.