Author Topic: Just my take on things  (Read 391 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Just my take on things
« on: September 04, 2008, 09:22:18 AM »
The Old H&R is gone or the biggest part of it , now we have Remington to deal with , and as a product line the H&R's are a small child that has to grow .

How they grow will depend on a few things .

Will Remington improve the product or will they just let it slip away to nothing ?

Will their CS step up and treat this new line like it would any of the other Remington products or will they just say who cares about those cheap guns ?

Will we as the ones that buy this product give them it a chance to prove themselves or will we expect things now to be like they were in the past ?

Having raised a few children , I know that they have to crawl be for they can run , the same is true here and now .

Do I think things need to change for this product to survive ? Yes I do , Will things change ? Only time will tell . But things are not looking good from what I have seen so far .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
Re: Just my take on things
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 09:25:58 AM »
I too agree on that.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 09:28:45 AM »
I believe that things are going to line themselves out.  From what i've been reading Remington is really trying to improve both production quality and CS in any of the new branches they have aquired... i.e. Bushmaster, DPMS ect... I think they will take the same approach w/ NEF/H&R... given the appropriate amount of time.  I think that the people on here that are posting their findings on what is coming out of Ilion, are doing a good thing, but that being said, while we need to let everyone know what is going on w/ production and CS on this forum, Remington is the ones who truley need to hear our gripes and complaints.  We can B*&$h and moan all we want to on here about Remington, but if they don't know what were griping about then how can they fix it?
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 09:34:56 AM »
I'm not wild about the modern Remington, but they still have a good reputation, and I believe they will get things back on track.  I do believe it will not be the same.  I don't think they'll go to the extent Gardner did to make people smile, and it will be a sad comentary on the changes in American business practices as well as American life in general.

I believe that things are going to line themselves out.  From what i've been reading Remington is really trying to improve both production quality and CS in any of the new branches they have aquired... i.e. Bushmaster, DPMS ect... I think they will take the same approach w/ NEF/H&R... given the appropriate amount of time.  I think that the people on here that are posting their findings on what is coming out of Ilion, are doing a good thing, but that being said, while we need to let everyone know what is going on w/ production and CS on this forum, Remington is the ones who truley need to hear our gripes and complaints.  We can B*&$h and moan all we want to on here about Remington, but if they don't know what were griping about then how can they fix it?

I think if I were Remington, Marlin, H&R/NEF, I would have someone monitor this site daily to learn some of the unstated gripes and thank-yous.  I would want to know where my business stood in the public eye.
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 09:36:55 AM »
All points well taken.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 09:55:16 AM »
Pete

I like the idea of checking the net forums to see whats going on in the world of guns and getting paid for it , were do I sign up ? Oh Wait , I have one of those jobs , I just don't work for Big Green .

Honestly , all the major gun companies should be looking not only here but at all the bigger Internet forum sites , hell just paying a guy min. wage to sit on his butt and read feedback could make a great deal of difference . Provided that the powers-to-be actually give a crap .

stimpy   
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped