Poll

Are you happy with the service you have recieved from Ilion?

Yes
107 (62.9%)
No
63 (37.1%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Author Topic: Ilion Satisfaction Poll  (Read 26061 times)

Offline wbjdmd

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Ilion Satisfaction Poll
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 11:44:01 AM »
Got my handi back with .308 win barrel yesterday.  Packaged well.  Charged correctly, wrote a check per price list.  I sent it off Sept. 24 and recieved back October 24.  Month turn around is pretty good in my book.  O haven't shot it yest but everything seems to be in order!

Offline striker525

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2008, 05:06:14 AM »
Very satisfied! I sent my TH Stock and frame in to have a 12ga barrel put on. they couldn't fit the Heavy Barrel to my frame so they were going to put the Handi Partner barrel (Iron sighted)  I called them after looking through my catalog and asked them If I could get an Ultra light barrel put on instead (don't like Iron Sights getting old). I was informed that the Ultra light barrel isn't part of the Barrel accessory program but he would check for me. He came back on the line and said that they have them in stock and he would make sure that the Ultra light barrel was put on for me. ;D ;D When I recieved the rifle back I checked it all over, didn't find a scratch or nick anywhere. All in all I am very satisfied with the service. I agree with whoever said that the service will get better as time goes. I'm sure that if Whetherby or Zeiss moved their manufacturing plant from one place to another they would also have some problems also.

Offline RumNReggae

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 07:30:56 PM »
I purchased a SB2 for my son 10/15/08 and shipped it from La two days later UPS ground.  I spoke to Rem's customer service 2 weeks later to confirm my request and order, and was surprised to get it UPS today 11/27/08!  A buddy told me about this site and I've been reading the horror stories about Illion.  Can't wait to shoot some targets in the morning.

Offline ericcbeckett

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2008, 04:07:37 PM »
Sent my Handi 223 in for a 20ga USH and 26" Blue Muzzle loader barrel. Came back in 6 weeks. Returned UPS in one small box for a forearm, one Remington barrel box for the shotgun barrel, and a full box with the muzzleloader already attached to the receiver. Both barrels were test fired and came out shiny once I cleaned them. I haven't shot them yet, but they all attach and lock up well. The stock did have some marks from the vise on the sides, but they rubbed off. The invoice sent back was confusing with all the line items, but the bottom line price was what I expected. I am happy with the timing and the products.

Offline jacksrbtr46

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
  • H&R 45-70 SS Ultra Hunter, H&R 45-70 Lam Straight
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 07:58:32 AM »
NO.  I ordered a camo thumbhole stock set in Sept only to get the buttstock, reordered foreend, I haven't received it and no one can tell me when, keep saying on back order. over due, got tired of waiting, returned the buttstock (With an authorization number), they received it Dec 1 at 9:29AM, today is Dec 15th 12:49 PM, no credit to my credit card, called them (3rd Call) being processed.  I asked why is it taking so long in the days of computers?  Asked to talk to supervisor told the same thing.  Unacceptable!!  Terrible service, I'll never send them anything to be worked on.  Remmington should be ashamed.

Jack

Update:  Problem has been resolved as of January 12th!!
Aim small, miss small....                                      

When life throws you a curve, you learn to swerve...

Yesterday is a memory....
Today is the reality,....
Make the most of it....

Offline sjester

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2009, 11:12:11 AM »
Got mine back in 6 weeks .  Sent a frame in to be fitted with 357. 280 and 12 gauge.  All arrived back well packed and undamaged.  Charges were as stated on the order form.  Very happy, plan on sending back another frame in the next couple of months for a 44 and 308

Offline jacksrbtr46

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
  • H&R 45-70 SS Ultra Hunter, H&R 45-70 Lam Straight
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2009, 09:33:29 AM »
NO.  I ordered a camo thumbhole stock set in Sept only to get the buttstock, reordered fore end, I haven't received it and no one can tell me when, keep saying it's on back order. over due, got tired of waiting, returned the buttstock (With an authorization number), they received it Dec 1 at 9:29AM, today is Jan 5th  2:26 PM Central, no credit to my credit card, called them (10th Call) being processed, taken care of.  I asked why is it taking so long in the days of computers?  Asked to talk to supervisor told the same thing.  Unacceptable!!  Terrible service, I'll never send them anything to be worked on.  Remmington should be ashamed.  Even the company operator is Rude.  I asked her put me thru to somebody with some authority andshe refused, told me to call back in an hour to customer service.  I explained to her they weren't helping either.  She just transferred me to customer service anyway.  Does anybody have an email address/direct phone number for the Plant manager/CEO?

Thanks
Jack

Update:  Problem has been resolved as of January 12th.

Aim small, miss small....                                      

When life throws you a curve, you learn to swerve...

Yesterday is a memory....
Today is the reality,....
Make the most of it....

Offline bugdust

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 09:28:54 AM »
I ordered  an ultra 223 bull barrel. They received the order 12-29-08. I called Jan 9 to have them add a Monte Carlo stock. Customer service checked the order and said too late the gun is finished. I said I was told it would take six weeks. All it needs is proof tested you will have it in two weeks.On the order I asked that an extra base plate be added since I could use it on my Hornet in lieu of a hammer spur which I had. The gun arrived on 1-23-09. They send along the extra base plate and as far as I can see every thing is just fine. Ithough that was good efficient service and I am completely satisfied.

Offline jdinil

• Avid Poster
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 02:44:11 PM »
I sent my frame and stock in to get a 24" stainless muzzleloader barrel installed. Ilion emailed me that they received it on Jan 15, 2009. I got it back via UPS today, Feb. 4, 2009. Looks like a good job on the fitting and no damage of any kind. I was amazed to see it back today. I was figuring the middle to end of March before I saw it again. I'm well pleased!

Offline db22

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2009, 06:55:24 PM »
Sent a recent Handi frame to Ilion on 28 Dec 2008, ordering a standard-contour .223 with scope mount. Five weeks later, the rifle is back and looks just fine.  The standard store box was sleeved with a sheet of corrugated, and banded; one hole in the box but no damage to the rifle. The barrel is clean and free of dings, my frame and stock are in good shape, and the barrel locks up nicely.  There was a standard H&R scope base attached, but no hammer spur.  Range report to follow in the centerfire board.
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams

Offline montveil

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
H&R service.
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2009, 06:49:28 AM »
I sent my H&R 17 HMR into "Remington" at Ilion, NY for a new 22 Mag barrel and got it back in less than 4 weeks. I think one can't ask for better service than that especially considering postage times.
Hopefully Remington will not screw up the quality of our beloved single shots

MONTVEIL IN THE NC MOUNTAINS

Offline SM Bob

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
H&R service.
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2009, 08:58:08 AM »
That's great news Montveil! If they gave that quick of a turnaround to everyone who
sent their frames in to be fitted with new barrels then I suspect there wouldn't
nearly as many complaints as they have now. It's been 6 weeks since I sent my
SB2 frame in to get fitted with a 357 Mag barrel. It seems that if they don't have
the barrels in stock that you need than you could be in for a long wait. Some guys
have been waiting over 6 months for their barrels to come in. This is an issue
Remington definitely needs to address. Waiting 6 months for a barrel to come in
is 1000% unacceptable in my opinion.

Robert

Offline seafox

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 03:13:29 PM »
I got my Handi Rifle back with the new 30/30 barrel in four and a half weeks. Which is pretty good. However, they ignored my written instructions to leave the trigger alone or at best restore it to what thery think is the lowest safe trigger pull safe. Instead they replaced the hammer, firing pin spring and trigger.Now I must do the trigger modification again to overcome the heavy trigger pull that my rifle now has. Also, the reciever returned with slight vise marks on the left side (I really don't appreciate this). Overall I guess I got what might be expected.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 03:29:17 PM »
That's not unusual for them to correct a trigger that's below their standards, TC does the same thing, much to the owner's dismay.  :-\ I would contact them and have them refinish the frame before you work on the trigger, shipping on their dime of course, have them do a trigger job while it's there, they won't reduce it to much below 3½lbs tho.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline uncledub

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
  • Alabama, USA
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 06:05:08 PM »
I ordered new stock and fore end for my BC 45/70 on a Thursday.  Also needed butt plate.  Was told that it is factory fitted only.  I asked if they could fit it on the one I ordered and then ship it all.  Answer was " I check on it."  The following Wednesday I received a very nice fore end and stock with a new butt plate installed.  I guess you could say that I am very happy with this type service.
Young guys should listen to Old guys, they know stuff.

NEF 45-70 w/ 20 ga 22" barrel
NEF Pardner Pump Protector

Offline kansaskid

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 12:00:14 PM »
I've been waiting to judge the service and unfortunately it is not turning out too good. 
In December I picked up a handi (SB2) for a good price, knowing the serial number was in the range for re-barrelling. 
Prior to sending it in, I followed the instructions online to call in to insure the barrels (223 & 308) could be fitted to my reciever.  The person at customer service looked up my serial number and stated that it would be okay, fill out the form and send it in. 
I mailed it the last week of December. 
I heard from them today that they are unable to put the barrels I want on that particular reciever.  This reciever was manufactured in the early 90's and this certain run was outsourced to another manufacturer. 
Because of this, Remington is unwilling to put high pressure barrels on this particular reciever and I am now limited to a choice of either a 357 or 44 mag barrel.   ???
What chaps me is that I followed their instructions and called in first to confirm that it could be done!
Then I realize that those barrels only come with iron sights, not drilled for a scope mount.  The customer service person told me that it would be no problem to have them tapped for scope mounts.  Yeah right, at my cost!
I should have just bought a new barrel for my Encore.   >:(

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2009, 12:57:01 PM »
The FAQs and Help sticky info on build year info specifically state that pre '99 frames can't be fitted with any high pressure barrels, those marked with an * there are several low pressure chamberings like the 30-30 and 45-70 that can be fitted to the older frames. ALL H&R rifle barrels are drilled and tapped at the factory when they're made, so all you have to do it order a scope rail for the models that come only with sights.

Tim

Offline kansaskid

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2009, 01:19:41 AM »
No offense, but I guess I expected the manufacturer to know the final answer on their product better than an enthusiast web site. 
Because their customer service told me wrong about putting a barrel on my receiver, I'll take your word about the receivers being drilled and tapped even though their customer service rep told me yesterday that it wasn't. 
I guess I'll order the 44 mag and that will be my son's deer rifle. 
In the words of my past Platoon Seargent: "Drink Water, Be Happy". 

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2009, 05:06:34 AM »
Sorry you got derailed by CS, they've been known to give our incorrect information too often, most likely due to unfamiliarity with the product line, over worked and under trained.  :-\

Tim

Offline seafox

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2009, 09:38:51 AM »
As I said in my previous post, I included written instructions along with my barrel order to not change the trigger pull. But if they felt it was unsafe, to rework it to the lowest safe trigger pull. They ignored this and installed a new unreworked hammer and trigger. Don't know how I could have made my instructions any clearer. It's not worth it to return the rifle to have them do a trigger job.  God only knows what they might do the next time.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2009, 09:54:22 AM »
As I said, regardless of your note, if the trigger doesn't meet their standards, they'll make it so it does, no if, and or buts, welcome to reality in this world or frivolous law suits!!   :-\

Tim

Offline seafox

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2009, 09:52:12 AM »
As I said, they ignored my instructions and returned the rifle with an unreworked action. They made no attempt to follow my instructions to do a trigger job as I requested. If this is reality it surely does suck.

Offline BritUSMC0321

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2009, 07:19:24 AM »
I dealt with Gardner 3x. They were always courteous & helpful.

In January 2009 I contacted NEF customer service in NC re; a bbl latch problem (Not due to excess oil/handloads). They promptly mailed me RA paperwork & a UPS tag.
Ilion recieved my rifle in the 1st week of February. I got it back 3 weeks later, everything in perfect shape (including a new barrel), well packaged & with professionally generated paperwork.

The only negative I can report is re; static electricity & the styrofoam peanuts used for packing (LOL)!!!

Maybe the problems others on this thread have experienced thus far have been due to "Startup issues"?

Offline montveil

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2009, 06:56:13 AM »
Maybe we should send this poll to Remington for their info. I always believe that customer feedback is the beginning of improved service.
I seems to me that their service is either very good or bad with very little mediocre

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2009, 07:00:09 AM »
They have eyes on this forum, have for quite some time.  ;)

Tim

Offline montveil

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2009, 12:07:13 PM »
Congratulations to Greybeard for having manufacturers monitor your sites.
Eventually they feel good info is found here

Offline RackWrangler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2009, 08:23:45 AM »
I'm happy with the service I received.  I sent in my frame for a new 223 ultra fluted barrel.  At the same time, I sent in my Pardner Pump for a 18 inch barrel.  I sent them both in the same package to the Ilion address.

Ilion forwarded the pump to the Marlin factory, then Marlin shipped it home with the new barrel.

I received the pump gun just one day before the Handi.  All work was satisfactory.  I just wonder why it took the same amount of time to fit the pump barrel as it did the Handi.  It has to be easier to fit the pump barrel than a Handi barrel.

The only complaint I have is they changed the price on the pump barrel.  The H&R site still lists it at $63, but Marlin called me and told me that the new price was $89.  That's a 40% increase in price!!!  :o   Oh well...it still looks sweet and handles much better than the 28" stock one.

Oh the turn around time including transportation was 5 weeks.  Not too bad  ;D

RW
:lol: Life's too short to not enjoy every minute :lol:

Offline Micanopy

Good service from H&R
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2009, 11:25:29 AM »
Bought a youth Sportster .22lr for my boy.  The trigger was 6+ pounds.  Sent the receiver back to Ilion, NY,  asked that it be brought to factory specs for poundage and smoothness.  Turnaround was 6wks and it is just right.  Remington/Marlin/H&R did it as a warranty, so no charge.  I am happy.  The boy is happy. 

Offline kansaskid

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2009, 02:28:03 AM »
Well, its the middle of April and they still do not have a 44 barrel to put on my frame. 
I sent it in December.   :(
I hope it gets here by deer season, next year.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2009, 02:30:09 PM »
Another good report in the Shotgun forum, less than 30 days turn around.  ;)

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,170423.msg1098804871.html#msg1098804871