Poll

Are you happy with the service you have recieved from Ilion?

Yes
107 (62.9%)
No
63 (37.1%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Author Topic: Ilion Satisfaction Poll  (Read 26043 times)

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
Re: Ilion Satisfaction Poll
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2009, 06:42:21 AM »
at first... it was a pain.. but the third time i called, it was gud!!!!

called about a choke tube for a new to me 45/410 barrel
the first call, i was told "we don't have them anymore"
but you still have the barrel available, i said...
then he said trulock makes the tube so call them and i did....
trulock said "you must be crazy!!!" we don't have that choke..

so i called back to the factory and talked to a different person
and was told to contact browning, they make the chokes for us..
browning said  "you must be crazy!!!" we dont have that choke..

so one more call paid off...

called the factory again and talked with a guy that was not in any hurry to get off the phone or go to break or go hide!!!!

he reseached the options... and guess what, he found them in stock!!!!!!

a great guy!!!! a real customer service kinda guy!!!!

he said there will be no charge for the tube, because of your "mule ride"

i thought that was purdy dang cool!!!! 8)

i offered to pay but, he said its on us !!!!!!!!

what a 180 degree experiance..
but well worth it!!!!

i think there getting better.. more time will tell....... ;D
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline al_bum

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2009, 07:04:25 PM »
Sent out my BC on Sept. 25 to get a .44 mag barrel fitted and just received it yesterday. I actually called Illion the day before yesterday to make sure they had gotten it and they could find no records of it. So I just figured I would make another call in a couple of days but it showed up to my surprise. Checked the receipt and it had been sent to Madison. They got it on the 29th and had shipped it out by the 3rd it looks to be. Had also sent payment for another hammer spur but it wasn't in the package. In place of it, they sent a new .45-70 length BC forearm maybe due to not having any spurs available.  Either way I happy with this service, much better than what I went through a year ago with Illion trying to get 2 new accessory barrels fitted.

Offline 26-t

• Retired
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (21)
  • Contributor
  • Father and Son At Bonneville SpeedWeek 07
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2009, 02:39:39 PM »
 ;D      60 day's door to door. I didn't check inventory before I ordered a 500S&W and a 45/70. Both barrels were back ordered at the time Ilion recived my frame . I called to check on the progress 5 times .After 30 day's the 500S&W came in. I waited 20 day's and checked in ,still no 45/70 so I changed the order and asked for a 22" 22-250. And 10 day's later I got the 500 and a 22-250. Fit ,Finish and Function is fine. For as close to hunting season as it is now (10-19-09) I feel that Ilion and Madison did a FINE JOB.  ;) :) ::)   26-t

Offline wayne24

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2009, 06:08:06 AM »
I sent my 500 s&w in for repair (popping open when fired)on sept.15 with a order for a 357 mag barrel and a camo laminate forend.Received the gun back on oct. 20 .No charge for the repair and a shiny new soon to be 357 max barrel and a checkered camo laminate that matches my ebay find camo thumbhole stock.Not a bad turnaround time .I had to call a few times to check on the progress.I think that Ilion is getting better with time.
Wayne   

Offline searlock

• Avid Poster
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2009, 03:02:28 PM »
sent my 500 handi in for warranty repair for the second time on 10-15-09 got it back today 10-23-09 , first time bad barrel, second time loose barrel when locked up. i went round and round with Remington on this gun for things that never should have happened with a new weapon, but i have to say that Remington has made every thing right for me. two thumbs up for Remington on this one.  ::)

Offline zackyholdem

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
Just Got My 30-06 Back From H&R
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2009, 03:03:38 PM »
I just got my new 30-06 back from H&R, It had a problem with short striking, so i sent it back and they replaced the whole trigger assembly, including firing pin and transfer bar, and did some work on the forend that was drilled off center, per my request. Overall i had the gun back within 3 weeks of mailing it to them, which was a pleasant surprise. I was albe to get a nice 2" 8 shot group at 100yds with factory rem 150gr psp's, which was more than i expected without doing any extra work on the gun.

I guess the morale of my story is that there was a problem, and H&R fixed it in a timely manner, and now the gun shoots great. So i was impressed with their customer service and i will continue to do business with them in the future. I've noticed that sometimes h&r gets a bad rap, so i just wanted to let everyone know that don't believe everything you hear.

Thanks Zack

When freedom shivers in the cold shadow of true peril, Its always the patriots who first hear the call. - Charlton Heston

Handi's -30-06, 223 Ultra, 7mm-08, 44 mag, 45-70, 17hmr, Tracker II 12ga, Pardner 10ga (2)12ga's and .410

Offline KEM-MN

• GBO Supporter
Service I received from Remington
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2010, 02:54:21 AM »
I sent a 243 barrel in to see if Remington could make it shoot a better group, also ordered a 7mm-08 barrel & lighten up the trigger pull.  I bought the 243 N E at a garage sell for $ 150.00 2 years ago tried most of the fixes on this site nothing seemed to help. Remington sent a memo a few a few days after I sent it,  they said the barrel was loose and they would fit a new barrel (No Charged).  They did not have any 7mm-08 barrels at that time, they said that they would send the gun back when they got them. It took about 4 weeks to get the two new barrels back they also fixed the trigger pull.  I think 1 month from the time I sent it in until I got it is real good service. (I am a happy camper) Now waiting for it to warm up so I can take them out and shoot them.
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: Service I received from Remington
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2010, 02:56:28 AM »
Sounds like typical Remington service.  My last barrel fitting and return took less than 2 weeks door to door.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2010, 03:01:38 AM »
I think you done good from Remington.

Offline BrianB

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2010, 03:21:23 AM »
I sent one off for a new barrel last week. Hope I get that kind of service.

Offline SM Bob

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2010, 03:44:36 AM »
Sounds like their service is improving.

Robert

Offline KEM-MN

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2010, 01:57:47 AM »
I am very satisfied with the customer service. Sometimes it is hard to get good employees and I hope Remington continues to keep this part of their company going.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Offline Kels73

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Air Force Chaplain
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2010, 06:34:42 AM »
Yes

I sent a Sportster to the Ilion plant:

1. to have a 22 WMR barrel fitted,
2. to have the trigger brought down to ~3lbs. of pull, and
3. to have a hammer-spur extension installed.

They received the gun on 1/6/10 and shipped it back to me on 1/19/10. There were no new scratches or dents, and it now has a nice trigger. I called the customer service department at the half-way point in order to make sure they had the gun, and they were able to give me a prompt status report. The only mistake they made pertains to the hammer-spur extension. They forgot to ship it! However, when I called, they apologized and said they would ship one to me ASAP.

No complaints here,
Kels73   
"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."

Ronald Reagan

Offline kydia

22 Hornet Accessory Barrel
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2010, 05:02:07 PM »
Ilion received by receiver and stock two weeks ago today. I got it back yesterday, UPS. Under two weeks is pretty good. Caught me off guard.

Offline S.E.Ak

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
  • Wrangell Ak
Re: 22 Hornet Accessory Barrel
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2010, 06:17:28 PM »
Dang thats good service

Offline 26-t

• Retired
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (21)
  • Contributor
  • Father and Son At Bonneville SpeedWeek 07
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2010, 09:41:19 AM »
7 day's and out the door. Fit a 357 barrel and a cin.thumb hole stock set on my sb1 frame. That,s Great!!! ups sent it to Vegas for me then to Mid Mo where is should have went. 14 days on the road ( Lost  ) Ilion NY A+ ;D , UPS D- ::),  26-t

Offline MS Mule

• GBO Supporter
Quick Turnaround
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2010, 12:45:23 PM »

I shipped my son's Pardner receiver,stock and forearm to Ilion to get fitted for a .357 barrel on January 22. Got it back today. Only problem is they kept the forearm. Also the original forearm screw doesn't fit the new barrel. I guess I've got a phone call to make tomorrow. The billing invoice and work order info all came from Madison NC. I guess I need to start with the PH #s provided on the invoice. I'm sure I'm not the 1st. to suffer an inconvenience such as this.

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
Re: Quick Turnaround
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »
don't go off on them too bad now....
the turn around time seems to be a new record !!!!!
and i bet they will make it all good for you.
but i know it must have created a PIYA  ;D
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2010, 02:40:35 PM »
One week is the fastest turn around so far, sorry to hear about the forend and screw mishap tho, I'm moving this to the Ilion Poll which is in the FAQs to keep it all in one spot.

Tim

7 day's and out the door. Fit a 357 barrel and a cin.thumb hole stock set on my sb1 frame. That,s Great!!! ups sent it to Vegas for me then to Mid Mo where is should have went. 14 days on the road ( Lost  ) Ilion NY A+ ;D , UPS D- ::),  26-t

Ilion received by receiver and stock two weeks ago today. I got it back yesterday, UPS. Under two weeks is pretty good. Caught me off guard.
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline MS Mule

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2010, 10:04:16 AM »

I shipped my son's Pardner receiver,stock and forearm to Ilion to get fitted for a .357 barrel on January 22. Got it back today. Only problem is they kept the forearm. Also the original forearm screw doesn't fit the new barrel. I guess I've got a phone call to make tomorrow. The billing invoice and work order info all came from Madison NC. I guess I need to start with the PH #s provided on the invoice. I'm sure I'm not the 1st. to suffer an inconvenience such as this.

I called Remington yesterday morning about my misplaced forearm. The Rep. was going to call Ilion in an attempt to locate the original and get back with me as to whether or not I'd get the original forearm or a replacement.  It was no surprise to me that the get back call never came. I called again today and related my story to another rep. His thoughts were that I'd never see that original again and that I'd be better off accepting a replacement. I agreed and that is what is now in the works. Hopefully this will end the problem.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2010, 10:08:13 AM »
Thanks for the update, let us know the final outcome.  ;)

Tim

Offline gunther66

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (47)
  • Contributor
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2010, 11:34:15 AM »
Last fall I sent a SB2 frame for fitting 3 new barrels.Two fit fine but the third was loose on the frame(both open and locked).I called and got the OK to delay returning the firearm until after hunting season as I could still use the other barrels.Anway I returned the rifle and the bad fitting barrel and in 3 weeks it was back and had been fitted with apparently a new barrel.Fits good,looks good.very satisfied now.I'll am surprised they let the misfitting barrel out to start with.
 give them a 9.   G66
"There is nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse"  Ronald Regan

NRA Life Member since '72

Offline hunman55

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (81)
  • A Real Regular
PDQ from Ilion
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2010, 04:42:06 AM »
Sent my SB2 10ga. receiver to get a 10ga. screw-in choke barrel fitted. Sent on March 6-got it back on March 18. PDQ. Hunman55

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2010, 09:04:36 AM »
I bought a used pardner that was opening while cocked.  They fixed it free of charge and shipped it back for free.  It did cost shipping to send it to them.  They replaced the internals according to the work order.  it works fine now.  It took about 2 weeks. Of course it was 10 days worth of shipping.

Offline MS Mule

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2010, 11:21:56 AM »
Ilion got my Receiver on March 15,2010 with a request for a 30/30 barrel and a trigger job. On the 23rd I called to confirm they had received the package and to add a scope base to the order. Today April 13,2010 rifle came home with a new 30/30 barrel. They had forgotten to add the scope base I'd requested. I called and the rep. said it was noted on my order and that it must have been overlooked. It will arrive next week with no additional shipping charges. They've still got some bugs to work out with ordering done in one place and service and shipping in another state. I think they are trying hard to make this work.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
This is an Ilion Satisfaction poll, not to be confused with Madison Customer Support which is an entirely different operation and can be as different as night and day.  ;)

Tim

Offline Daman

• A Real Regular
  • Me and Papa's first double!!!
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2010, 12:05:30 PM »
I started a new thread named Madison Satisfaction Poll.

Daman
Live simple. Hunt Hard. Love Life.

I thank God everyday for my loving wife and all the fond memories of hunting with my Papa from a child until now.

Please take time to take a kid hunting, it will be a life long memory and blessing for both of you!

Offline SJB

• GBO Supporter
NEF Customer Service
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2010, 10:56:20 AM »

For what it's worth-just purchased a Tracker 11 in 20 ga.- when it arrived it had a cracked trigger guard and my dealer decided to send it back to NEF for repair-he called and was told it would take about 4 weeks- I told him to include a note asking if they would "smooth" the trigger while they had it apart- Off the rifle went. Gun was returned in 2 weeks- not only did they fix the trigger guard but they did an excellent job polishing the trigger. Trigger is really crisp and breaks nicely, and they gave me a free hammer spur to boot! I'm very pleased with their service. Only problem is now I really see how crummy the trigger  is on my Sportster and I'll have to have that one polished as well.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2010, 11:17:31 AM »
Sounds pretty normal for Ilion service, they seldom disappoint, thanks for the report.  ;) You can do your own trigger job, they aren't hard as Lonewolf learned recently and many, many others will tell you, complete instructions can be found in the FAQs.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,207744.msg1099095727.html#msg1099095727

Offline Ron 1

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2010, 01:35:50 PM »
 ;D less than 30 days round trip trigger job, new barrel that shoots well +10 on service ;D ;D
 rw
A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun. - Don Henley