Poll

Are you happy with the service you have recieved from Ilion?

Yes
107 (62.9%)
No
63 (37.1%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Author Topic: Ilion Satisfaction Poll  (Read 26056 times)

Offline cjrjck

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Contributor
Re: Ilion Satisfaction Poll
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2012, 05:04:47 PM »
Yes. 2 for 2 in the last year or so. One went to a regional repair center one back to the factory. Fast service and free repairs. I would add on a side note that new in the box rifles I have bought lately do show a bit less quality control than they once did but I am still happy with them.

Offline ibgp3

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
  • Recovering after nearly 40 years of PTSD
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2012, 03:48:28 AM »
I've added 5 accessory barrels in the last year. all good and quick..

My only contact has been Brian, so that may be why.

Offline geartow

• Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2012, 12:43:18 PM »
I just returned from Ilion picking up my Handi. I had 4 barrels fitted and new stocks. A 357 Mag Talo, 44 Mag Talo , a 7.62x39 and a 20 Gauge smooth bore slug barrel with sights. All barrels fitted well , stock fitted well with a nice medallion H&R inset . Very fast turn around . The only workmanship I can see is the sling studs needed turned a hair to line them up . Now for the bad . Factory in Ilion says gun done , North Carolina HQ says its finished that I a may pick up. So in the car I go upon arrival no firearm , paper work not complete yet so hour and a half later and security making several calls I have my rifle. And security was very nice also and very chatty.
Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2012, 02:51:17 AM »
I've had at least four dealings with Ilion and Brian56 in the past year.  Two new barrels and two warranty repairs.  One thing I think Madison fails to do is tell you to send ALL BARRELS fitted to the frame you are sending in.  Brian always tells you that.  That way, when the work is finished, everything will fit.  I 've had several barrels fitted at Illion and always sent just the frame in a small flat rate box without any problems.  All mine are on dedicated frames. If you've got questions, Brian will give you the correct answer.  If you can get the same info from CS you're lucky.

Overall, I would rate Illion at about ten stars on a 5 star scale, and Madison at about a star and a half.

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline watkibe

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2012, 08:16:36 AM »
UNCONDITIONAL YES !
See my long thread "Its different ordering barrels from Ilion" for all the details. When they fit my new barrels, the barrel latch broke during proofing. They replaced it. When I got it back my old barrel would no longer lock up ! They paid postage to return the frame and old barrels, refit the barrels under warranty and paid the postage to return it to me.

Everybody can have something go wrong. It's how you make it right that is the measure of a man, or a company.

Offline scotsman

• Avid Poster
Wow I am impressed
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2012, 05:19:34 AM »
I bought a new handi in 30 30 on August 27th the next day the 28th I sent it to Ilion for a 223 barrel. I did not want it to be out over the holiday weekend so I sent it 2nd day air. Ilion recieved it on the 30th and the 31st  sent an email to call and authorize repairs and pay by credit card. Today  September 6th I recieved an email that fitting is complete and rifle is shipped with a tracking number. Counting from the time I authorized and paid for the barrel and fitting and taking out the holiday weekend they had my reciever 2 and a half days. Now that is service.

Offline Fred243

« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2012, 11:07:26 AM »
I called a couple of weeks ago trying to get the size of the screw in the ramp on the front sight of my new Handi 30-30 22 inch barrel  and the woman said it was a 6-48. So I get the 6-48 ramp from XS and the screw is way too big. I called back the next week and the guy that answered the phone told me they don't have any spec numbers like that for the H&R products, only for the Remington products ! I have a new XS Ghost Ring for it is why I need the screw size.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2012, 12:26:45 PM »
I called a couple of weeks ago trying to get the size of the screw in the ramp on the front sight of my new Handi 30-30 22 inch barrel  and the woman said it was a 6-48. So I get the 6-48 ramp from XS and the screw is way too big. I called back the next week and the guy that answered the phone told me they don't have any spec numbers like that for the H&R products, only for the Remington products ! I have a new XS Ghost Ring for it is why I need the screw size.

Fred, your complain has nothing to do with Ilion NY service, you were dealing with Madison NC Customer Service, it's almost like too different companies, Ilion provides excellent service, Madison not so much unfortunately, very inconsistent, just depends on who you talk to and how knowledgable they are.  :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Singlebarrel

• Avid Poster
« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »
No.  After sending a 44 Mag back in three times for terrible accuracy I received a new rifle just as bad.  Sent it back and received it back with still another barrel.  Accuracy still terrible.  That is 4 barrels and two rifles.  I took the rifle and the last barrel to a gunsmith to look at.  There are irregularities (gouges) in the barrel the go through the rifling.  The crown is so sharp it shaves splinters off my plastic cleaning rod.  I put a shotgun barrel on it.

I spent hundreds of dollars on these guns/barrels trying to find loads that would work before sending them back.  You think I will buy another one?  My old handy rifles are good shooters.  My old 258 Topper 30-30/20 gauge combo is classic. 

Nothing last forever.  End of an era I guess.

Offline Fred243

« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2012, 07:50:30 PM »

Fred, your complain has nothing to do with Ilion NY service, you were dealing with Madison NC Customer Service, it's almost like too different companies, Ilion provides excellent service, Madison not so much unfortunately, very inconsistent, just depends on who you talk to and how knowledgable they are.  :-\

Tim

Well, I didn't know that their customer service was in a different place. Everything changed, Marlin moved,  H&R moved, NEF no more, when they said they had all the specs like that for the Remington products and not H&R I thought I was calling NY. Sorry about that, the post can be deleted if you want too.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2012, 04:55:43 AM »
Lots of members may not know the difference, so it's good to bring it up.  ;) Ask for Lisa Walters next time ya call, she's  the best H&R rep to talk to in Madison.

Tim

Offline Fred243

« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2012, 06:15:14 AM »
OK, thank you much sir !

Offline bm330

« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2012, 03:51:49 PM »
my vote is yes.  i returned my sb2 that i purchased as a 243 in for a 35 whelen barell.  was told over the phone it would be a 2 week turn around.  ilion recived it on tuesday and shipped it back out on thursday.  10 days form the time i shipped till i got it back.  i was very happy with customer service.

Offline curator

• Trade Count: (1)
Sent My NEF to Rem/Marlin/H&r
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2012, 01:57:26 PM »
Hey Gang!

I got the invoice from Rem/Marlin/H&R for the safety block repairs and the installation of two new barrels on my 1992 NEF Handi.  All things considered, they charged me for only the installation of the 2 barrels and NOT for the safety block repairs. From the invoice, I assume the repairs to the hammer, safety block, lifter, and trigger are all on the house. They only charged me for fitting the two barrels and their cost. The repairs to the hammer-block safety appear to be at no cost to me. I am very happy with this outcome. I take back all the bad things I have said about Remington over the past few years! Well, at least about them buying H&R 1871. Made in the U.S.A. Yahoo!

Offline curator

Got my Handi back from RemMarlinH&R
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2012, 08:16:49 AM »
I got my Handi rifle back from Remington on Wednesday via UPS. I had been having more and more issues with the hammer-block/trigger bar. I also wanted a 20 gauge rifled barrel and a .357 Mag barrel just for fun. The repair center fitted the two barrels for the costs listed on their web site then replaced all the internals and the hammer on my rifle at no cost! I had been told when I called the factory repair center that they could not honor my "life-time" guarantee from New England Firearms way back in 1993. From start to finish the repair took less than a month round trip. This is excellent service on a gun they did not make. I could not be more pleased! The two new barrels have extractors rather than the ejectors I have on my other Handi barrels. I like this feature since I hate getting hot brass ejected down my shirt. I will get a chance to shoot them on Sunday.

Offline Brian P.

• Avid Poster
Re: Got my Handi back from RemMarlinH&R
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2012, 08:43:50 AM »
Cool beans. I'm looking forward to seeing how the 357 shoots
Lead me not into temptation but point me to it instead.

Offline chamois1

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #166 on: March 19, 2013, 10:12:36 PM »
Sent my receiver in for a 35 Whelen with sights and a trigger job about two weeks ago. Just wrote to please do a trigger job on the repair order and it woked for me, but wrapping a note around the trigger guard would be a good idea. I was very pleased with the service. It only took 5 work days from the time I mailed it in until I had it back. Great service.
 :)
Chamois1
Ray Guinn ( Eddie )

Offline godogz

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2013, 02:14:28 AM »
2 wks turn around for 30-30 barrel added to my 30.06/20 ga SC2 combo. I think the new barrel locks up better than the originals do. Trigger job and new handi-grip stock written in to my order was completed as well. Taxes, labor, shipping, and cost of product $196. When it really turns into spring here in Michigan, I will be able to get out and really test it. For now, I am as happy as can be with the service I received.

Offline speedrackin99

• Avid Poster
H&R customer Service
« Reply #168 on: February 26, 2014, 04:42:31 AM »
a week and a half ago i sent my 7mm/08 back to illion ny for some repair it arrived today fixed ....... no charge . just another reason " why the attraction " remount scope bore sight and back to the range . hows that for customer service .

Offline HWB13

• Contributor
« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2014, 08:13:46 AM »
I got 4 barrels in the last 2 years from Ilion.  2 barrels shipped in the same box with no packing and the 22 win mag barrel was short the front sight, did have the rear.  Both frames had the triggers reworked.  The Sproster frame I got used so had no prior history but the centerfire frame I bought new and had less than 100 rounds through it.  The frame was a NEF from Gardner so I would think it would be good. 
Kevin   
Handi's:17 Mach2, 17 HMR,17 WSM, 22LR, 22 Win Mag, 204 Ruger, 22 Hornet UV, 22-250 UV, 25-06, 30-30, 35 Whelen, 30-06, 20gaX2, 20GA ultra Slug, 12ga ultra slug, 12 ga Turkey, H&W 45-70 BC X2, 45 LC CC, 44 Mag, 500 S&W and 140+ non-H&R types

If you have to shoot more than once you should not have shot the first time.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2014, 08:22:34 AM »
This is a long running FAQs poll on the Ilion H&R service, please refrain from OT discussion.

thanks,

Tim