Author Topic: Noonan Blast Palin Choice  (Read 964 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Noonan Blast Palin Choice
« on: September 04, 2008, 12:53:33 PM »

Murphy, Noonan Blast Palin Choice

Thursday, September 4, 2008 12:01 AM

By: Newsmax Staff  Article Font Size   

Oops! An open microphone caught Republican political strategist Mike Murphy and former Reagan speechwriter Peggy Noonan trashing John McCain's choice of Alaskan Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate.

During a live MSNBC broadcast from the Republican National Convention, host Chuck Todd thought the coverage had moved to another report as he engaged in politcal banter with guests Murphy and Noonan.

The blogosphere was abuzz with the recorded conversation late Wednesday as Palin took to the podium to accept her party's vice-presidential nomination.

Here's the transcript:

Peggy Noonan: Yeah.

Mike Murphy: You know, because I come out of the blue swing state governor world: Engler, Whitman, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush. I mean, these guys — this is how you win a Texas race, just run it up. And it's not gonna work. And...

Noonan: It's over.

Murphy: Still McCain can give a version of the Lieberman speech to do himself some good.

Todd: I also think the Palin pick is insulting to Kay Bailey Hutchinson, too.

Noonan: Saw Kay this morning.

Todd: Yeah, she's never looked comfortable about this.

Murphy: They're all bummed out.

Todd: Yeah, I mean is she really the most qualified woman they could have turned to?

Noonan: The most qualified? No! I think they went for this — excuse me — political BS about narratives...

Todd: Yeah, they went to a narrative.

Murphy: I totally agree.

Noonan: Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.

Murphy: You know what's really the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism, and this is cynical.

Todd: This is cynical, and as you called it, gimmicky.

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Noonan Blast Palin Choice
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 01:19:41 PM »
I'm sure alot of the snooty, dyed in the wool politicos are scared to deat of Sarah, she is a breath of fresh air, kinda a really hot Teddy Roosevelt.

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 01:34:34 PM »
If her daughter has that bastard in the white house. There going to go crazy.

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 01:42:53 PM »

If you said that to Sarah Palin, she would have to kick your ass.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 03:56:09 PM »
HMMMM, My 38 years union member Big Brown driver said the speach put him to vote R this fall. He said at the shop ALOT of his union brothers were impressed by Sarah and were going to vote for her. She was the talk of the shop this AM and ALL were positive.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 03:59:53 PM »
her daughter has the "bastard" in the white house. why not Bill Clinton had a sleaze in the whitehouse
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »

Actually, the news said that she was marrying the father.  Therefore, by definition, the child will be no "bastard."

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 06:43:17 PM »
I am glad to see that some of the beltway Rep. don't like her. That makes me like her more. Thanks ms for the good news!   ;)
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 04:52:36 AM »
[/quote

That crack is low. If she and the father get married the child will be legitimate and you can shut up about it.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 08:19:22 AM »
i would be interrested in seeing what ms would do if this child WITH a father
is born in the white house.
I live in TX. and can't see the Kay Baily thing, see seems to be too sheeple
to me and has her nose up some where most of the time, Sarah Palin sounds
like some one i could trust. I guess i can't see Kay Baily's experience.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 02:22:22 PM »
There really isn't much chance of it being born in the white house. The president resides in the white house. The VP lives in another residence.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 12:16:59 PM »
There really isn't much chance of it being born in the white house. The president resides in the white house. The VP lives in another residence.

Simply amazing how many folks on here are not even savy enough to know where the VP lives versus where the President lives. Yet they wanna tell us all how smart they are and that we should listen to their BS.  ::)

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 01:46:08 PM »
This Kilkenny woman has an axe to grind obviously or is making money. In another thread an Alaskan that lived in the town where Palin was mayor had nothing but praise for her.  I think I'd take the word of a fellow that had nothing to gain over some shill for the Democratic Party. 
And too, her steady 85% approval rating from her constituency has to count for something. 

"bastard child born in the White House"  Wow, does Michelle write your material?

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 04:57:17 PM »

Simply amazing how many folks on here are not even savy enough to know where the VP lives versus where the President lives. Yet they wanna tell us all how smart they are and that we should listen to their BS.  ::)

Graybeard and Oldandslow. I think you hit the nail right on the head. :D :D :D

Offline Casull

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 07:19:03 PM »

Come to find out there's alot of people in Alaska, both libertarians and conservatives, that don't think too much of Ms. Palin's my-way-or-the-highway methods; or like Noonan and Murphy thinking that McCain never should have caved into the GOP far right wingers like the secretive CNP faction. I suppose this is why Alaska gave 5 delegate votes to Dr.Paul and not all for McCain.

All one has to do is google Anne Kilkenny + Alaska to get the poop on Ms. Palin, her actual experience, and the correlation of rhetoric to personal actions, which is not a direct correlation it seems. I'm starting to think they would have done better with Kay Bailey too. We'll see...this is going to be fun and smells like somebody might have stepped in it.....
Can't be very many people in Alaska that don't like her if she garners 80% to 85% approval.   ::)

As far as Anne Kilkenny, this "person" has already been shown to be a liar and hack. 
Aim small, miss small!!!

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 04:18:21 AM »
Her comment that she shares good looks with Hillary is adequate evidence she's a liar.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 04:24:29 AM »

« Reply #18 on: Today at 09:18:21 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Her comment that she shares good looks with Hillary is adequate evidence she's a liar.  ha ha  :D  :D

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 04:55:43 AM »
Her comment that she shares good looks with Hillary is adequate evidence she's a liar.

You hit the nail on the head. Even though I've always considered Bill Clinton one of the larger sleze bags of modern times every time I see a picture of Hillary I can kind of understand his philandering ways. Even though the towsack joke has been around a long, long time she could have inspired it.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 05:14:12 AM »

Priceless!!!  ;D

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 05:42:43 AM »
Some internet Libs no doubt will ACT conservative & then when a conservative comes along they
will be all for them on the internet. But if that Conservative becomes a true contender with a real shot, somehow the Lib with then find problems with that person & say, well, I thought they were good but I don't think so now. Awh shucks  ;D

Many of our clowns in Congress have the same pattern. A Conservative bill comes along & even though these clowns ACTas though they agree in principle they tell the folks who put them in office, well, this one provision kept me from supporting this bill. In reality, they were against it all along.

The media Libs do the same, such as Geraldine Ferraro. She ACTED as though she MIGHT be in support of Mrs. Palin & now says she isn't because of the "choice" issue. Any thinking person would have
known otherwise from the beginning.

Of course Mrs. Palin has made mistakes, I know I make too many. The only people who don't mess up alot are those who aren't doing anything & there are alot of those folks, many of which will not like her. But this internet pattern is all too predictable.

I guarantee you that if Mr. Paul had been more popular & appeared to have a real chance, the internet fake Conservatives would have started picking him apart at the last minute. It's old stuff.
No, I don't mean you Dee since 1. you like Palin & 2. you actually are a Conservative.

I expect more of the same.   

Offline Casull

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 05:54:14 AM »
I don't know much about Anne Kilkenny except she is an Alaskan that exists. You say she is a "liar and hack".....what is your proof?

...TM7

Come on tm, Sourdough already pointed out NUMEROUS lies in that person's hack piece (he did it in another thread and you read it, so don't feign ignorance).   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Casull

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 05:57:42 AM »
20% of 650,000 is 130,000...I believe that is statistically significant

Now tm, that is so cute.  I guess you're right, and I wonder if you want to pick nits like that with Palin if you will post that about EVERY politician (since nobody is going to garner 100% approval).   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 06:49:08 AM »
If there is/was an Independence movement in Alaska, that would be the third I am aware of such a thing,.. Vermont and TX are the other two and I can't blame them.

When I lived o the west coast in Canada there was talk of a separation with the left liberal, Quebec run Fed govt for a number of years. If I recall properly
 " Cascadia"  was the chosen name of this future country including B.C. Alberta plus one Prairie Province depending on the mood of the electorate.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Casull

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 07:48:54 AM »
I
read Sourdough's comments, and although not dour and accusative like your's, they add to finding out who Ms. Palin is...for those of us that don't live in Alaska.

They also go a long way toward seeing what and who this Anne person really is.  But, of course, you ignore that.   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!