Author Topic: Talking of the candidate's experience...  (Read 748 times)

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Talking of the candidate's experience...
« on: September 04, 2008, 05:11:37 PM »
  Obviously, both sides are slamming the other on the topic of experience, or the lack thereof.  Seriously, how important do you really think it is?  If the person has some intelligence and common sense, does experience really matter?  Is not the candidate going to be surrounded by experts in the field in question?  Take President Bush for example...  Could he not make a great policy statement on "fill in the blank" due to the experts he should have advising him on the subject???  Heck, I don't think JFK had an aerospace engineering degree, but still helped make the moon landing happen.

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Chilachuck

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Talking of the candidate's experience...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 05:30:18 PM »
LOL, gee, I wonder if you favor the Presidential candidate with the least experience?

JFK (D), was one of the worst Presidents since WWII, right behind Carter (D). He is the one who got us into Viet Nam, then that crook LBJ (D) made matters worse. It took that "crook", Nixon (R) to get us out, then the Democratic dominated Congress refused to live up to the treaty and South Viet Nam fell.

Egads. Laid out like that, I'm amazed I was dumb enough to vote straight D until 1994.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 05:45:33 PM »
It is not too hard to see what is coming from the Libs, or the reason for the question being presented in this thread.

If it could have been shown that Mrs. Palin truly had very little experience then the Libs would keep screaming how terrible it is that she has no experience. But since the Rep. party has hit this "issue" head on
& people are starting to see that she has more experience than Obama, the Libs will start pulling back on that a little & that is already showing up. So, thanks for asking  ;)

Of course, experience is important, but less so than character & common sense, but since Libs lack that as well, it is even more dangerous ground for Dems to remind people of.

So, I guess it means more remarks about her hair & her family, that's about all they have!!  ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 05:57:02 PM »
J.F.K. was the last Dem worth voting for  "Ask not what your country can do for you" remember that line and compair it to the Democratic party today that is getting elected by promising to have the country do everything but wipe the voters butt
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 05:59:36 PM »
It is not too hard to see what is coming from the Libs, or the reason for the question being presented in this thread.

If it could have been shown that Mrs. Palin truly had very little experience then the Libs would keep screaming how terrible it is that she has no experience. But since the Rep. party has hit this "issue" head on
& people are starting to see that she has more experience than Obama, the Libs will start pulling back on that a little & that is already showing up. So, thanks for asking  ;)

Of course, experience is important, but less so than character & common sense, but since Libs lack that as well, it is even more dangerous ground for Dems to remind people of.

So, I guess it means more remarks about her hair & her family, that's about all they have!!  ;D
   you gotta love the attack on her for not being able to do the job and raise her kids,. Is it just me or is this a bit sexixt comming from the womans rights party?
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline crustaceous

• Contributor
  • back for a limited engagement
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 06:10:24 PM »
Well, we know her daughter's experienced! :o ::)
sorry, couldn't resist
I'm undecided and look forward to the next couple of months

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 06:21:28 PM »

you gotta love the attack on her for not being able to do the job and raise her kids,. Is it just me or is this a bit sexixt comming from the womans rights party?

As the previous posts indicates, more of the same. As much as I dislike the Clinton's, you won't find where I have
put down their daughter during the "Clinton" years. I CAN RESIST, I guess I am stronger.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 07:14:18 PM »
  Obviously, both sides are slamming the other on the topic of experience, or the lack thereof.  Seriously, how important do you really think it is?  If the person has some intelligence and common sense, does experience really matter?  Is not the candidate going to be surrounded by experts in the field in question?  Take President Bush for example...  Could he not make a great policy statement on "fill in the blank" due to the experts he should have advising him on the subject???  Heck, I don't think JFK had an aerospace engineering degree, but still helped make the moon landing happen.

Jim
Not talking of the coming election, talking in general terms...  Do you really think a career politician is better qualified to lead this country than an "average American" ?  Sure, the average American might not even know where Uganda is on the map, but as President he's got someone around who did their dissertation on Uganda political climate.

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 01:05:19 AM »
Good question. In that case, I feel wisdom, common sense, judgement & moral character are far more important. One can just look at our founders to see the proof of that.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 01:31:12 AM »
Some reasons to not vote for Barrak Hussien Obama.

1. Moral grounds, he is part of the baby murduring community.

2. He is a traitor to the constitution, He admits he is for gun control.

3. He is a racist, His assocoiation with Reverend Right proves that.

4. He is a terrorist sympathiser, does William Ayers ring a bell?

5. He is anti American, he has stated his allegences lie with Africa as much as America.

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 01:59:07 AM »
This  is sure interesting, all the way from JFK to Sarah Palin; all the way from a career politician (philandering power-hungry politician that he was) to an honest, average Soccer Mom who makes things happen by the strength of her own convictions.  There is no contest here, the democraps know it and they are runnin' scared.  

I can think of about one dozen dumbocraps who stomach just went into knots when Sarah came out on the stage:  this includes both obamas, biden, both klintons, the gores, ted 'the swimmer' kennedy, sharpton, jackson and probably a bunch more.  I can tell you right now that no matter how powerful hillary thought she was, Sarah has almost permanently retired her - there is absolutely no way klinton could ever, ever compete against someone like Palin.  And michelle obama - looks so much more like an angry black woman now with Palin in the picture than ever before.  It seems that Palin has crossed many lines, cultural, gender (her appeal to both as a wholesome person), family (with disabled child), color (appeals to all women), and political with her personal life experiences and her family experiences.  

I think the obamas consider her so much of a threat that barak his ownself has ordered the 'gloves off' when it comes to dealing with her.  I think michelle made that determination for him, to treat her like one of the 'guys' - but Sarah Palin is one woman who is simply not going to go away, not with a 90% approval rating in her home state. 

Kinda funny, but everything obama talks about wanting to do is something she has already done.  Everything biden is, she isn't.  Everything most mothers and families want, she does.  She is as much the American Woman as we can handle - if she were any better we would be putting her in for the Presidency - maybe next time, who knows.  
Mikey.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 02:27:38 AM »
I really don't put much stock in experience either. Experience at what, being buddy buddy in Washington. Washington is the problem. Character is what matters. Compare what Billy knows about Obama to what we know about Mccain.

Served his country as a soldier.

Had the opportunity to go home with his ship after he was wounded in the Forrestal fire, but chose to remain in Viet Nam because they needed pilots there.

Was captured and held as a prisoner of war.

Was tortured because he would not betray his country. Yes he was broken, almost all of the prisoners of the NVA eventually broke which is why the US military revised it's code of conduct for prisoners of war.

Was given the opportunity to leave the Hanoi Hilton early but chose not too because of a code of conduct. No one would have seriously blamed him because of his physical condition.

Now when it would be more politically expedient to go along with most of the rest of his party that thinks ( like I do) that some mistreatment of prisoners of war by the US is justified because of the nature of the enemy, Macain absolutely refuses to go along. He is his own man who does what he believes is right regardless of the consequensus.

Forget about experience. Give me character every time.

Offline powderman

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 02:33:34 AM »
BILLY. Good points, all true. Osamas only experience is in islam, hating white America, and lies. He's a smooth talker for sure. Now he claims he was NEVER muslim, another lie. His church and pastor remind me of malcolm X from years ago. He's the biggest racist to run for president since George Wallace. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 08:17:12 AM »
One can just look at our founders to see the proof of that.

Never even thought of that...great point!  Ya, they did pretty darn well with the great experiment...

Jim

- Albert Einstein

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 08:37:08 AM »

On the day Condoleeza Rice visits Moammar Gadhafi to warm US relations with Libya???? ;D

Jim

- Albert Einstein

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 10:06:26 AM »

On the day Condoleeza Rice visits Moammar Gadhafi to warm US relations with Libya???? ;D

Jim

HMMMM! An official state visit with a leader of a country, or a mentor to the celebrity savior of the Liberal trash. Do the 2 have any relavence?

As I  said before the liberals will say anything to prop up thier candidate.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 10:12:18 AM »
If executive experience is not such an important factor, why are so many Presidents, Governors or military leaders before becoming President?  Reagen, Clinton, LB Johnson, Carter, Bush, Ones I can come up with right off the top.  Take a look at the military leaders that became President.  George Washington, Jackson, US Grant, and Eisenhower.

Being a governor is like being President but on a much smaller scale.  A lot of the same duties and responsibilities.  I consider it like On The Job Training.  Being a military leader is also good OJT as well.

Senators and Congressmen don't get that experience.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Chas.

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 11:51:11 AM »
LOL, gee, I wonder if you favor the Presidential candidate with the least experience?

JFK (D), was one of the worst Presidents since WWII, right behind Carter (D). He is the one who got us into Viet Nam...

LOL, gee, I wonder who didn't do their homework.  Eisenhower got us into Viet Nam in the beginning.

Offline jimster

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 12:38:47 PM »
What the big deal with experience on policies if you can read...she can read can't she?  Judgment, integrity, and trust is better.
she does have experience...making politiicians mad, and the tax payers happy....that's all I require these days for experience.

If someone, man or woman or any color, can make politicians mad/scared, make the left media scared....and win the hearts of the people they govern,
they are already serving the people. 

If she pulls this off and goes to Washington...would not surprise me to hear all the paper shredders start up all at once.  She doesn't strike me as the type to put up with much from politicians, and I think they know it already.  The X governor of Alaska has probably already warned his buddies..."watch your ###"...

Would be nice to fill up all of Congress with the same type of people...must be at least 500 more people out there like her somewhere.