Author Topic: WAAAY BACK  (Read 649 times)

Offline Cowpox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
WAAAY BACK
« on: September 07, 2008, 06:38:33 AM »
Made me remember when admission was 20 cents, pop, candy bars, and popcorn was a nickle, and the front row was the only place to sit. 

http://oldfortyfives.com/thoseoldwesterns.htm

I even remember why I just had to have a SAA and a Winchester when I got older ?

I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: WAAAY BACK
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 11:04:33 AM »
That was pretty cool, I remember a lot of them but not all.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 05:46:44 PM »
Geez, I must be old. Only one I missed was Tom Mix. Rest I remember, and have seen a bunch in person. I have had the pleasure of tipping a drink with 2 of them. Met the "Duke" in Nam, and met him at a party in L.A and shared a couple with him.
(He77 of a nice guy). Dan Blocker (Hoss) used to keep his horses at a ranch where I live, and ran across him several times in the local traverns. Clint walker also lives here and used to see him in the gun shop a lot, and talked to him a lot. He's getting crippled up perty bad and loosing his sight. His wife drives him all over now. Just saw him 3 weeks ago. Kirk douglas also has a retreat up here and him and my son became good friends as son changed a flat tire for him once. All the good one's are gone or in bad shape. Only thing we got now is a bunch of "wannabe's.

*Meant Kirk Douglas, not Burt Lancaster(he's deceased)*

Gun Runner

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 10:09:01 AM »
These vignettes are an important help in remembering the golden days of our youth in emulation by playing cowboys and indians; before PacMan (and way before NFL Football); when playing pinball at the local bowling alley on Friday nights until 2 AM wasn't a safety concern for our parents; when Krystal Burgers still cost $0.05 each; when a "Frosty Mug" sensation was what you got at A&W Root Beer and they brought it out to you on a tray and stuck it on the partially rolled up window of the car; when Mom and Dad took us with them to the Drive In and we were asleep (right after the cartoon) by the time the Feature came on.  I could go on...