Author Topic: Boycott the Election  (Read 1078 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Boycott the Election
« on: September 07, 2008, 09:09:08 AM »

Boycott the Election

The important politicians are owned by the elite bankers.
Without a massive campaign budget, a candidate cannot afford massive advertising. Without massive advertising, the media will not give a candidate much attention during their election coverage. The media outlets support their biggest patrons like any other business.

The big election campaign contributors and fundraisers own the politicians. Obama and McCain have massive election campaign budgets because they each bow to the same group of wealthy interests that almost all successful politicians bow to.

That is why, in the federal arena, there is little to nothing to distinguish the ACTIONS of politicians from each of the two major parties. They may SAY they stand for different things. But would you bet the farm on the word of a politician? I hope not. They have no obligation to be genuine, honest or righteous. Their only obligation is to the interests of the people who fund their political campaigns. Ask yourself this: If some people had just spent several hundred million dollars promoting you for a job, who would you feel an obligation to?

We are subjects in a system that is not run by politicians but rather by the richest of the rich: the elite bankers.

And what is the result? If you’re a baby boomer, you’re about to the live the result. You’re about to spend your golden years in a savage economic depression. If you’re in a younger generation, you’re about to be given the burden of supporting the retirement of the biggest generation in known history. And that’s just the broad economics. Wars remain profitable for those that own the politicians. Poisoning children with “psychiatric medication” and vaccines remains profitable for those that own the politicians. Imprisoning people for non-violent offenses remains profitable for those that own the politicians. And keeping you locked in an economic system that eats you up with taxes, inflation and insurance premiums remains extremely profitable for those that own the politicians.

The problem can be solved. But it will NOT be solved by scampering out to the polls to vote for some political actor, no matter how wonderful their words, no matter how big their smile.

If you vote for anyone on Election Day you are supporting a system that is NOT run for the benefit of all the people. Your will be supporting a government that is run for the benefit of those who have shown themselves to exploit the people. Voting for ANYONE on Election Day will validate the power of whoever is the winner.

If a very small minority showed up to vote, the winner of the election would have NO legitimate claim to power or authority.

I guarantee you this: unless you are among the super-wealthy power brokers that orchestrate or attend big campaign fundraisers, the winner of the election will not feel any obligation at all to you or your family.

Still feel compelled to vote in the hope you will get the lesser of evils in power? Consider the most righteous personality that you can think of, whoever that may be for you, and ask yourself: would that person show any kind of support for corrupt and decadent leaders, regardless of the apparent options?

If they are anything like my heroes, they would not compromise. They would find other options that truly support freedom rather than merely talk about it. Social Viability exists to offer options other than the corrupt, juvenile politicians you will find on your voting ballots.

Don't fight the system: Replace it

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: Boycott the Election
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 09:14:09 AM »
"the winner of the election will not feel any obligation at all to you or your family."

Nor should they.  I don't need any help from the government.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 09:19:58 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"the winner of the election will not feel any obligation at all to you or your family."

Nor should they.  I don't need any help from the government.  IT'S MUCH BIGGER THEN THAT YOU'LL SEE.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 09:29:53 AM »
ms, I am inclined to think that YOU should stay home.  ::)
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 12:30:39 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ms, I am inclined to think that YOU should stay home. we the people the gov have lost power the two party's sold this country out. I will boycott by voting third party. It's doesn't matter who gets in there bought and paid for. Swampman doesn't care if are gov is not working for the people he's part of the problem anything goes. I voted twice for bush I have a reason to bitch .

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 12:48:25 PM »
I thought you had to be at least 18 to vote?????
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 01:20:52 PM »

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:48:25 PM » Quote 

I thought you had to be at least 18 to vote??  I GUESS THAT COUNTS YOU OUT.  :P

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 01:25:18 PM »
HOGWASH!! >:(

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 01:27:12 PM »
I'm trying to be as polite as I can, but this has to be one of the dumbest original posts I have seen ::)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 04:17:36 PM »
I'm trying to be as polite as I can, but this has to be one of the dumbest original posts I have seen ::)

YEP, sure is. What is that tank in your avatar??? I love tanks. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 06:36:36 PM »

I think we have another all time winner in the Round the pot bellied stove "stupidest post ever" contest. One of our liberal Comrades here has one touting Obama as pro gun. That one there make the one posted here make MS look like Einstien.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 12:43:14 AM »
I actually tend to agree with the general concept of what the post says just not the conclusion drawn from it. I do really deep down inside believe that almost all (but likely not every single one of them) politicians are owned by big money. They clearly do not have our best interest at heart and have not for a great many years.

Still staying home is not the answer. So long as one single person goes to the polls and votes and for sure at least one will if only the folks running for office then someone is gonna be elected and put into office. The politicians are NOT gonna "get the message" just cuz turn out is low. Someone is gonna be elected regardless so staying home merely means you have zero say in who that person is.

Now I'm not fully and completely convinced we do anyway at least not in the important elections. I guess deep down inside me the skeptic in me says that the popular vote or the votes of the people is gonna have zero to do with the outcome of the up coming Presidential election. Which ever one big money wants in office will be the one who goes in on January 20. Sad but I do believe that.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 02:53:14 AM »
I'm trying to be as polite as I can, but this has to be one of the dumbest original posts I have seen  No hard feeling.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 03:56:34 AM »
ms: I need to clarify my remark to your original post. I did not imply your lack of intelligence but do question the rationale for NOT Voting. As GB said, somebody will get elected and if you don't vote, you got no bitchin coming.

powderdude:
 It is not a tank but a self propelled howitzer WWII vintage. I like large calibers ;D
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline magooch

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 04:03:55 AM »
Well, I'll be staying home (we vote by mail) and voting for Sarah Palin. 
Swingem

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 04:22:11 AM »

ms: I need to clarify my remark to your original post. I did not imply your lack of intelligence but do question the rationale for NOT Voting. As GB said, somebody will get elected and if you don't vote, you got no bitchin coming.
as long as I PAY TAXES I CAN BITCH JUST VOTE THIRD PARTY. MMCAIN OR OBAMA  CONTROL NOTHING THERE PUPPETS. GO HEAD VOTE FOR A PUPPET.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 04:27:20 AM »
"Don't vote"; vote for some "can't win Third Party" is playing right into the Pols hands. Do the math. The pols give lip service to "your obligation to vote" but what they fear is a bunch of folks showing up at the polls. Then, just like the bunch of monkeys typing out Shakespeare's plays, they may get it right and Mr Pol will be out on his ass.  What they fear most is a bunch of INFORMED folks showing up at the polls. I don't mean the one-note-johnnies. I mean the folks that have looked at the fellow overall.
The Pols love a 30% voter turn out. Then if they suck up to the single issue folks; the "save the whale" bunch, the "ban aerosol hair spray" crowd with their groups of 200 and 500 voters, they can swing the election. They don't have to talk about fiscal responsibility, morality, nor any other values. They just promise to begin legislation to spend (someone else's) money in large amounts on these loonies favorite passion. This, of course, motivates the plastic sandal set to get out the vote.  And keeps some crook on easy street. So when you boycott the election or lose with a "winner", you're playing right into their hands. ;)

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 04:40:04 AM »
Either vote or shut up, you don't have the right to complain if you refuse to vote!  You are not limited to the major party candidates, even though votes for 3rd party ones are generally wasted.

I believe that the U.S. has a very low percentage of elegible voters actually voting.  When you don't vote, you are voting for the worst candidate.  Every vote counts, just look at the panic the Democrats had in 2000 with the recount in Florida and the shenanigans that they pulled to boost their numbers.  Don't just go to the polls yourself, get everyone you know to go with you!

I agree that the original post has to be the dumbest ever.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 07:42:22 AM »
I'M glad I don't watch tv anymore.

Offline jimster

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 12:20:47 PM »
Well, I struggled several months ago on voting a third party, some on here changed my mind on that, you be the judge.  Ya we a;; would like to repplace the whole system right now.  If your paddling across the stream in your boat and you spring a bad leak, ya plug a hole in it and get to the other side, you can get a new boat when you get there.  You try to swtch boats in the middle of the lake you'll drown.  I think it's going to take almost as long to get back what we had many years ago, as it took to lose it.  The only way to do that is to start voting at the bottom, local, get it controlled, then the State, replace all them over time....they go to Washigton from there.  I do have a choice to to say third party, sure, but I figure we'd drown for sure if Obama gets in there.
We have troops out there, and I don't want Obama or his kind in charge.   Congress's job is taking care of the economy, President isn't going to do squat without those people, no matter what they promise you.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »
"GO HEAD VOTE FOR A PUPPET."

We are all puppets.  God controls the strings.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 01:25:36 PM »
We are all puppets.  God controls the strings. That not true god gave us free will.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 01:29:50 PM »
Have you ever read the story of Jonah?  God will make you do exactly what he wants you to do.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 02:22:35 PM »
Have you ever read the story of Jonah?  God will make you do exactly what he wants you to do. When god told Jonah what to do and he didn't do it that's different. Then me or you living anyway we want to down here. I don't believe god is sitting up there say strike one on ms. I believe god has set the law of nature up you do people wrong it's coming back. God don't want slaves to love him that's why it's free will. where is Dee or William when you need them .

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 02:55:01 PM »
You could have stopped at "I don't believe"

End of conversation.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 03:11:48 PM »
In Christian theology, God is described as not only omniscient but also omnipotent; a notion which some people, Christians and non-Christians alike, believe implies that not only has God always known what choices individuals will make tomorrow, but has actually determined those choices. That is, they believe, by virtue of his foreknowledge he knows what will influence individual choices, and by virtue of his omnipotence he controls those factors. This becomes especially important for the doctrines relating to salvation and predestination. Other branches, such as Methodists, believe that while God is omnipotent and knows the choices that individuals will make, he still gives individuals the power to ultimately choose (or reject) everything, regardless of any internal or external conditions relating to the choice. For example, when Jesus was nailed on the cross, the two criminals, one on each side, were about to die. Only one asked Jesus for forgiveness while the other, even at the end of his life with nothing else to lose, mocked Jesus. In the view of Methodists and others who believe in free will, this was a free and personal choice between everlasting death and everlasting     
Insert Quote
You could have stopped at "I don't believe"

End of conversation.