Author Topic: Obama platform for the Outdoorsmen  (Read 4238 times)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Obama platform for the Outdoorsmen
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 03:39:35 PM »
 Powderman, now can you imagine watching Kerry and Barrak Hussien Obama, taking shotguns and huntiing in the style Kerry described? OMG we'd invite them to our deer camp just for sheer comic relief.

So Dakota, did you also support John Kerry and do you use the same method for your Elk slaying? Do you crawl around on the forest floor with your trusty double barrel to slay your elk Mr. Slayer.

And Dukkillr, our liberal friend here was not just trying to innocently point out that this information is out there. He is an avowed Barrak Hussien Obama voter and is trying to act as if Barrak Hussein Obama is the "sportsmans friend". You know the deal dukk, he is trying to play the obviously guilty criminal to the jury. Sorry that don't work on me, they throw me off the jury every time because of preconceived notions.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline dukkillr

• Trade Count: (0)
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 04:05:23 PM »
Sorry that don't work on me, they throw me off the jury every time because of preconceived notions.
Nothing like a great American supporting the Constitution and believing in all the Amendments, not just the ones he likes!

Offline Oldtimer

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 04:13:51 PM »
What I see missing in the statement is any reference to keeping federal lands open to hunting.  The Clinton administration closed off lands, and, if the Obama campaign wants to attract sportsmen and women then I would think there would be a pledge to keep public lands open to hunting and fishing.  

I will illustrate with a situation here in Virginia. I am awaiting word whether I was drawn for a hog/deer hunt at Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge near Virginia Beach.  It is reclaimed farmland that was abandoned during the Depression.  Farmers opened their pens and let hogs and horses fend for themselves.  Both have prospered.  The horses are only a problem to traffic, but the hogs will eat any bird eggs or nestlings they can find.  Since the Refuge is an important nesting area for shorebirds, it is necessary to control them.  If it weren't for the hunt, the Refuge would have to budget for hiring employees to control the hogs.  They are on a shoestring budget as it is.  Having a hunt brings in revenue and keeps the herd in check.  It also provides about 9,000 acres of public access to hunting, and is one of the few areas available in eastern Virginia.  

In addition, there is a state park south of the Refuge, False Cape State Park. Going through the Refuge is the only land access, as False Cape is bounded on the east by the Atlantic, on the west by Back Bay, and on the south by a naval firing range with unexploded ordnance.
Occasionally the park and the Refuge get into a micturation contest, and access to False Cape is closed off.  There goes another 4,500 acres of public hunting, unless you put a boat in on the far side of Back Bay, and make sure you do not stray into Refuge waters.

This is why a pledge of continued access is important.  Was the exclusion of such a pledge an oversight or was it a way to keep the environmental fringe on board, while seeming to reach out to sportsmen?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2008, 12:24:33 AM »
all I can say is thank God those of us who cling to our guns and our religion know better
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2008, 02:53:21 AM »
Billy:  As much as I hate to say it, Al Gore does know the difference between a rifle and a shotgun.  He also knows which gets used for hunting deer, rabbits, grouse, and quail.  He just does not use them himself.  But on my list of unliked people he is right up there with Obama.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2008, 03:30:31 AM »
Since I own only single shots, I am not too worried about not being able to buy a 30 round mag. What does worry me is:
1. Making lead projectiles illegal by federal decree in all 50 states
2. Closing BLM land, State Forests, etc to hunting to "protect" the animals
3. Changing gun control legislation so that we are like Germany and many of the european Countries. Not allowed to
keep guns in the home, can only be stored at the local Police Station or Gun Club, and "checked out" for the hunt.
4. Requiring extensive education, tests, etc and charging exorbitant prices for hunting licenses, making it a sport of the educated rich

I could go on.

These are just a few of the changes that Democrats have talked about in the last few years.

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2008, 03:50:01 AM »
  Does anyone recall the stupid Democrat publicity video of Kerry stepping up to a license issuing clerk somewhere and saying;
  " Where do I get me a hunting license ?"   The obvious elite's view of hunters is that we are a group of neanderthals that can't even
  use anywhere near proper diction.

Clearly, another "Dukakis as tank commander" video !  :o :D ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2008, 05:35:22 AM »
  Does anyone recall the stupid Democrat publicity video of Kerry stepping up to a license issuing clerk somewhere and saying;
  " Where do I get me a huinting license ?"   The obvious elite's view of hunters is that we are a group of neanderthals that can't even
  use anywhere near proper diction.

Clearly, another "Dukakis as tank commander" video !  :o :D ;D
Check this forum.  Actually just check this thread.  You'll see that several of our distinguished members go out of their way to fulfill this stereotype.

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2008, 06:11:42 AM »
Since I own only single shots, I am not too worried about not being able to buy a 30 round mag. What does worry me is:
1. Making lead projectiles illegal by federal decree in all 50 states
2. Closing BLM land, State Forests, etc to hunting to "protect" the animals
3. Changing gun control legislation so that we are like Germany and many of the european Countries. Not allowed to
keep guns in the home, can only be stored at the local Police Station or Gun Club, and "checked out" for the hunt.
4. Requiring extensive education, tests, etc and charging exorbitant prices for hunting licenses, making it a sport of the educated rich

I could go on.

These are just a few of the changes that Democrats have talked about in the last few years.

alan

It's a shame so many actually feel this way.  When your neighbors rights are breached yours are also.  If we don't stand unified against such actions the war is lost.  The Democrats and their "post turtle" both understand this very well, therefore the divide and conquer tactics.

Offline superhornet

• Avid Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2008, 06:19:24 AM »
Here is how the gun issue will turn out if Obama becomes the President, and the House and Senate remain firmly in Democrat control.  Within one year a bill will be sponsered by Barbara Box/Diana Feinstein to take all guns out of private citizen control and destroy them.  Both of them have said in the past, if they could get the votes, Goodbye guns in American hands....They will have the votes.

Offline kody

• Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2008, 07:31:32 AM »
Anybody interested in studying human behavior, would find a gold mine in the political positions taken here and the reasoning[?] behind them ,the claimed as well as the implied. If anyone is dead certain of a politician's stand ,quote the quote,and leave the generalities to the "WOW" media.    Ken

Offline Casull

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2008, 08:01:43 AM »
Check this forum.  Actually just check this thread.  You'll see that several of our distinguished members go out of their way to fulfill this stereotype.

Weren't you complaining in another thread about the lack of civility here?   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2008, 08:52:58 AM »
True; we can't predict at 100% accuracy, how any group will act in the future..but with the two sides having dealt with gun-grabbing
  issues in the past,...we can have a good idea how each political party is likely to perform in the future..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline RaySendero

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2008, 01:57:54 PM »
Anybody interested in studying human behavior, would find a gold mine in the political positions taken here and the reasoning[?] behind them ,the claimed as well as the implied. If anyone is dead certain of a politician's stand ,quote the quote,and leave the generalities to the "WOW" media.    Ken

Seem to me "Anybody interested in studying human behavior" would find a gold mine in What Obama would say and do to get elected president!

Also, the biggest problem Obama has is not "quote the quote" - Its "walk the talk".  He simply hasn't shown in his past actions any resemblance to what he's saying he stands for now!
    Ray

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2008, 05:46:34 PM »
I promised that I would mention actual bills that Obama voted on.

In IL Senate SB 2165 in 2004 Voted against legislation to protect Homeowners from proscecution in the stopping of home invasions.

Again in IL Senate Voted to ban most shotguns, target rifles & even ome black powder rifles.
SB1195

In 1996 Campain he issued a questionaire stating that he was in favor of banning the sale, manufacturing & dist. of handguns. He signed it & my reference shows it.

Now reference to these, his State record, his campaign signed doc. & the bills he voted on in the US SENATE are found here, 3 dandy bills:

http:  www.nssf.org/votered/

Click under his pic & get the US Senate record. Click on Obama caught lying supporting handgun ban & from
there you can see 11 you tube videos, one that shows him telling 2 different stories concerning bans, he is a bald faced liar. He never was in favor of gun owners/hunters, but started the lying talk after running for Prez.

As far as for being for sportsmen in ANY way, I can't find any evidence of this except again some of his spewing during this campaign.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline kody

• A Real Regular
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2008, 06:59:30 PM »
Thank you "nomosendaro". That is more like the discourse that should accompany presidential debate!  It beats hell out of the schoolyard prattle and bar talk! Has the GOP done anything with that info?   Ken

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2008, 09:32:23 PM »
Do Muslims hunt? ;D

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 12:24:02 AM »
The Liberal filth will always try to tell you they are for "sensible" gun control. They make up name to make firearms sound horrendous. After the terrible "assault weapons" and "Saturday night specials" are banned. They will start going after the terrible "riot shotgun", you know your guys favorite pump or semi auto shotgun. Then they will be after those dangerous "sniper rifles" ya know you can kill at half a mile with those things. SO not let the lying liberals tell you they are for sensable gun control. They know to Divide and conquer. Barrak Hussien Obama is NOT for the sportsman, hunter or gun owner, anyone who believes that is just plain old naive or silly.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 12:34:26 AM »
Do Muslims hunt? ;D

Yup they hunt down all non muzlims and chop off their heads. That's their idea of hunting.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2008, 01:28:22 AM »
Thank you "nomosendaro". That is more like the discourse that should accompany presidential debate!  It beats hell out of the schoolyard prattle and bar talk! Has the GOP done anything with that info?   Ken

Not enough. The various magazines only have 1 more month to reveal this info. I know that in the later part of the
last Pres. campaign the NRA spent big bucks in the battleground States. They, Gun Owners of America & nssf & every
other group needs to kick in hard from now to election. We should watch closely what these groups do & make note
of it, but we can't just do that. We all must get this info out ASAP. Every sporting web site needs this info now. If we do that plus each Patriot who views these take this info & show it to everyone we know, we can get this word out.
It's up to us.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline JBlk

• Contributor
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2008, 02:45:51 AM »
This narrative about Obama reminds me of the lawyer that was suming his case up for the jury.He said ladies and gentlemen of the jury, what you have here is a point here and a point there with alot of bull in between.

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2008, 05:31:51 AM »
It is fitting that the ad that showed up directly beneath this forum on my computer was for "Barack Obama Ring Tones".

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.

Offline skifastchad

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2008, 08:32:17 AM »
A gunshop in Innsbruck,Austria, which has a rich hunting tradition, only carried single-shot rifles, and the cheapest one was around $6,000. 

There's a Cabelas Gun Library in Austria?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 08:37:04 AM »
It is fitting that the ad that showed up directly beneath this forum on my computer was for "Barack Obama Ring Tones".

alan

Yes actually it is I guess since he is the topic of this entire thread.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 09:33:10 AM »
Hunting lic. cost(paid by hunters) go a long way toward helping wild life and just
donations from hunters are also usefull.
How much does an outdoormans lic. cost and i never hear what they do as far as donations. ::)
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2008, 11:54:37 AM »
I grew up on both sides of the fence.  Fished since I was a child, got my first .22 at ll, went to NJ State School of Conservation at 13.  Went to University of ME, Orono for forestry and wildlife management.  Banded hawks and owls for 15 years under a federal master banding permit, belonged to Audubon for many years, as well as the NRA.  I am a hunter, fisherman, gun owner AND conservationist.  and I'll never vote for a liberal Democrat.  I'm a firm believer in "out of my cold dead hands".
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2008, 01:15:40 PM »
Heck now there is an add for Barrak Hussien Obama buttons, I ordered one, will make a dandy target.

Offline Oldtimer

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2008, 03:50:21 PM »
You sure about that button being a good target, Billy? :D  If it is like OHB, it may be moving more than you can handle.  Of course, you could always try leading to the left, since that seems to be the preferred direction.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2008, 03:57:31 PM »
You sure about that button being a good target, Billy? :D  If it is like OHB, it may be moving more than you can handle.  Of course, you could always try leading to the left, since that seems to be the preferred direction.

Leading to the left. Now that is some good old fasioned humor. :D :D :D :D

Offline kody

• A Real Regular
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2008, 05:02:03 PM »
NOW BILLY, All you have to figure out is -----MY LEFT--OR HIS  ???