Author Topic: 1st rounds through the new Handi .308  (Read 457 times)

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
1st rounds through the new Handi .308
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:16:03 AM »
Bought this new barrel from another GBO member. He had never shot it, so I get to break it in. No fitting was required at all to fit on my H&R Ultra receiver. I've had the scope mounted and bore sighted for several weeks. I've been waiting for .308 brass (Win. or Rem.) to become available again so I could do some handloading for this barrel but got tired of waiting and bought some factory .308 Remington Core-Lokt 150 gr PSP to try out plus see if I could hit paper at 50 yds.

The first two hit the black square but my poor old eyes couldn't see the hits with the 6x scope and figured I wasn't even on the paper. Number 3 was a half-hearted attempt and was surprised when I saw it on the paper after the shot. Off to a good start on another Handi.
Thanks "holahead".

Bill

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: 1st rounds through the new Handi .308
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 12:05:15 PM »
You can't beat the Remington Core-Lokts and don't forget the rebate on them.  Good shooting.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 01:30:49 PM »
You can't beat the Remington Core-Lokts and don't forget the rebate on them.  Good shooting.
;D The store where I bought them had them on sale @ $2 off plus the $5 rebate each box. Too bad it's only for 2 boxes...
Here's a link to the Remington Rebate Program and the products that are currently included:
http://www.remington.com/library/promotions/2008_load_up_on_savings.asp

Bill

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »
That's good news Bill, thanks for the report! ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain