Author Topic: ENOUGH !!!!  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
ENOUGH !!!!
« on: September 09, 2008, 05:16:32 PM »
Ok I want everyone to understand that I a tired of all the BS that has been going on here on this forum. There are quite a few of you who have escalated the attacks and name calling to an unacceptable level.

From here on out I will delete any post that I think is meant to bash or degrade another member or insult them. I am not talking about sarcasm but insults. I think sarcasm is a God given right but should be in moderation. 

This is the same kind of crap that happened four and eight years ago. Political BS finds its way into almost every single aspect of life on the net. Well I may have to deal with politics but the insults and fighting amongst ourselves… I don’t.

So all of those who feel that they need to bash another member because they don’t agree with them… IT IS OVER! If you do not like what someone is posting then you can either debate them in a civil manner or ignore them but the manipulating of other members names or such is over. If you want to take the fight to PM then so be it I don’t care cause then I don’t have to see it nor does the rest of the members.

I have a feeling that some folks may end up getting muted over this but understand everyone has been warned and I will not take sides with anyone no matter what your GBO membership status is.

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Kurt L

• Trade Count: (15)
  • A Real Regular
Re: ENOUGH !!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 05:22:42 PM »
Sounds Fine to me I don't read that crap anyway.I come here to enjoy sporting topics etc
not politics heck if ya baned all that trash it would be easier to find normal post and topics. ;D
KURT LGo TO RIFLE RED RYDER SUPER MAG CARBINE

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 05:25:53 PM »
yeah well the thought has crossed my mind but there are several informative posts that happen to find thier way in and I would hate to have to ban them all because some cant grow up and stop playing silly grade school games. But it is an option.

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »
And just so everyone understands THIS APPLIES TO ALL GBO MEMBERS EQUALLY. No free passes even if I agree with you...

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 06:22:33 PM »
and if you just got to have these heated debates you know we do have a site for just that type of stuff where just about anything goes and you can argue back and fourth till the end of time.

http://www.spotthenot.com/forums/index.php?action=forum

This is a GBO Network Site and is 100% safe and uses the same software as GBO just a different theme.

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 12:04:03 AM »
I'M out of pot bellied stove until mid November to help out I kwon  if it wasn't for GB rules these guys would kill me. ;D

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 04:39:47 AM »
Well the whiners say they come in here for the outdoors info so there's really no need for them to even come into the stove room. And once in here, there's no one holding a gun on them to make them open up any of the threads. You know, it's pretty simple, they have to open the door before they can see something they don't like. 
I like the stove room. It can get pretty intense at times but I've noticed GB himself isn't above coming in and mixing it up. It's not a place for someone that's gonna pout if his toes gets stepped on. I've been raked over the coals myself.  But these hot exchanges that have upset you so are usually short, and soon forgotten if for no other reason than the very nature of a political room. Old news dies so quickly.
So the stove room is like Old Harry said: "if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen."  This might be good advise to you or anyone else (except of course GB) that feels that this room is careening out of control or contains improper material.
Since you have decided to make this your little fiefdom, the question begs to be asked: in your various post, you insinuate that you hate the discussion of politics, why then did you decide to be the moderator in a room where probably 90% of the post are political in nature?

And in the FWIW dept, I go thru several rooms while I'm in here and I like to think I bring a bit to the table in reloading and hunting and shooting knowledge so why should I have to go to another forum to discuss Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter since GB has a room for that purpose?

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 04:45:10 AM »
Oops, I just noticed you were the administrator rather than the moderator but my feelings are still the same.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 05:16:58 AM »
Oops, I just noticed you were the administrator rather than the moderator but my feelings are still the same.
Yes Matt is the tech guy of the site. He keeps the site running and well I might add. He also has the power to kick anyone off the site he sees fit. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 05:58:14 AM »
Anyone else care to wade barefoot through the legos before they get put away? ;D

Nothing better than berating a man in his own home. ::)

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 07:40:00 AM »
Well the whiners say they come in here for the outdoors info so there's really no need for them to even come into the stove room. And once in here, there's no one holding a gun on them to make them open up any of the threads. You know, it's pretty simple, they have to open the door before they can see something they don't like.

And yet you feel the need to attack someone because they have a different view than you... take your own advice.

I like the stove room. It can get pretty intense at times but I've noticed GB himself isn't above coming in and mixing it up. It's not a place for someone that's gonna pout if his toes gets stepped on. I've been raked over the coals myself.

Intense and heated debates are one thing and I even enjoy them but the attacks have gone on far too long and will end.

But these hot exchanges that have upset you so are usually short, and soon forgotten if for no other reason than the very nature of a political room. Old news dies so quickly.

Hmm well there have been attacks towards TM7, ms and the others trying to expose the truth now for months and had I not said anything they would still be going on and you are one of the attackers.

So the stove room is like Old Harry said: "if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen."  This might be good advise to you or anyone else (except of course GB) that feels that this room is careening out of control or contains improper material.

No it might be a good idea for you not to piss me off cause once you do you go bye bye not a threat but a promise. If you feel that you can’t post without attacking the other members with differing views than you then you should leave.

Since you have decided to make this your little fiefdom, the question begs to be asked: in your various post, you insinuate that you hate the discussion of politics, why then did you decide to be the moderator in a room where probably 90% of the post are political in nature?

First of all I dislike the attacks that go with both politics and religion when left unchecked. And as to deciding to be a moderator... Your ignorance might be funny to some but not to me and just so you know I am a moderator of EVERY board on the site as I am AN OWNER of this site and if I say the attacks end THEN THEY DAMN WELL BETTER END. GOT IT!

And in the FWIW dept, I go thru several rooms while I'm in here and I like to think I bring a bit to the table in reloading and hunting and shooting knowledge so why should I have to go to another forum to discuss Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter since GB has a room for that purpose?

Great I am glad you share your knowledge with others here and that after all is why the site is here to SHARE INFORMATION WITH THOSE LOOKING FOR IT. BUT it is NOT here to degrade, insult or attack others who decide to visit and share their knowledge and information but with a differing view than yours.

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 07:40:26 AM »

Try Owner...

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 07:46:54 AM »
Anyone else care to wade barefoot through the legos before they get put away? ;D
Good one... never heard it put that way but I like it

― Albert Einstein

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 07:56:57 AM »
I have a question.
I do not think we should attack any one i do not call others ignorant or stupid, BUT how do we know that ms and tm are always spreading the truth.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 07:59:05 AM »
I have a question.
I do not think we should attack any one, BUT how do we know that ms and tm are always spreading the truth.

Very good point rex... maybe I should have stated in my view the truth... my bad...

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 08:02:05 AM »
thanks that makes things clear.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 08:36:28 AM »
[[ Hmm well there have been attacks towards TM7, ms and the others trying to expose the truth now for months and had I not said anything they would still be going on and you are one of the attackers. ]]

You kind of lost me on this one.  Could you please clarify?
" we are screwed "

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 08:41:38 AM »
Irs I did two posts up... "Very good point rex... maybe I should have stated in my view the truth... my bad."

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 09:00:33 AM »
In your view, ms and TM7 are spreading the truth?  Is that what you are saying?

" we are screwed "

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 09:08:46 AM »
in my view if people would take what they say... do a little due dilligence of thier own they would find that most of what they post is plauseable and at times fact.

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 09:10:17 AM »
Yes Matt is the tech guy of the site. He keeps the site running and well I might add. He also has the power to kick anyone off the site he sees fit. Dale

Thanks Dale...
― Albert Einstein

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 09:29:57 AM »
in my view if people would take what they say... do a little due dilligence of thier own they would find that most of what they post is plauseable and at times fact.

Matt

Wow!
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline jgalar

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 05:05:32 AM »
Everyone who has a different opinion than me is stupid! However, I am a firm believer that every person has the right to be stupid in his or her own home. I doubt that I am going to sway someone to my thinking or they to mine, so why get into a pi$$ing contest! If it is a safety issue such as a high pressure load that is a different matter, but simply pointing out the fact is more diplomatic than attacking the poster. Sometimes people type with their elbows and decimal points and numbers can be transposed.

It doesn't matter if you or I agree with Matt's, Graybeard's, or a moderator's opinion(s) when they state that civility needs to be restored just do it.

To my knowledge I am guilty of one attack on someone on this board. I recognized the writing style of a poster who had been banned previously from this board and others that I frequent. This guy was a trouble maker who would attack people and also put reloading data on boards that was unsafe. I submitted his previous name to the moderators stating I believed it was the same person - they agreed and he was banned.

Offline 454-hunter

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 05:19:01 PM »
Matt,

I say you are 100% right some members need to think about the fct that if they owned this site would they want it ruined and turned into one large argument forum. this is a information forum . It should remain civil and respectful.

454-hunter