Author Topic: NEF ULTRAGONS.......WHEN ?  (Read 484 times)

Offline neophyte

• Trade Count: (0)
NEF ULTRAGONS.......WHEN ?
« on: September 10, 2008, 12:34:54 PM »
Since we were on the subject of this piece I thought I would ask a question.......When will they be out ? Or are they ?

I have called on numerous occasions and get different answers. Some say they have started production other say that Remington is putting things on hold. Still others claim they have one......maybe. Others say that the LW version will be hammer forged by Remington.....HUH ? None of the barrels I've seen are marked ULTRAGON (I imagine they would given the advertising) which makes me wonder.
The one I recently inspected that was a special order favor to an individual thru a dealer showed NO difference in the rifling. He claimed it had that rifling. Sorry, I can tell the difference ! Borescopes don't lie. I am waiting for one as well .

Anybody know the real story ? Anybody out there at NEF listening ?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: NEF ULTRAGONS.......WHEN ?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 01:39:35 PM »
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: NEF ULTRAGONS.......WHEN ?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 08:19:30 PM »
Since we were on the subject of this piece I thought I would ask a question.......When will they be out ? Or are they ?

I have called on numerous occasions and get different answers. Some say they have started production other say that Remington is putting things on hold. Still others claim they have one......maybe. Others say that the LW version will be hammer forged by Remington.....HUH ? None of the barrels I've seen are marked ULTRAGON (I imagine they would given the advertising) which makes me wonder.
The one I recently inspected that was a special order favor to an individual thru a dealer showed NO difference in the rifling. He claimed it had that rifling. Sorry, I can tell the difference ! Borescopes don't lie. I am waiting for one as well .

Anybody know the real story ? Anybody out there at NEF listening ?

neo,

Jay's in Clare had a 12ga and a 20ga with the Ultragon Rifling a couple months ago on the rack. I am sure there were more NIB in the back. It was definately the Ultragon Rifling. I posted on it back when I seen them, but can't remember which post it was. Can't remember which one, but one, either the 12ga or the 20ga rifling was more pronounced. The 12ga had a steel scope rail that was probably silver soldered on, it wasn't held on with screws. The 20ga was drilled and tapped and had the standard scope rail. Give Jay's a call, I'm sure they have more.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member