Author Topic: A soldiers opinion  (Read 602 times)

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
A soldiers opinion
« on: September 12, 2008, 02:56:58 AM »
What a soldier thinks please watch it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A soldiers opinion
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 03:36:08 AM »
Well said. Unfortunately Obama will pay no attention because in his mind he knows what is best for us.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 05:19:49 AM »
I also have to say well said. Oh by the way that is one of my favorite songs of all time. God bless all of our soldiers. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 05:44:01 PM »
I heard about this earlier today. Thanks for providing the source.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 07:13:00 PM »
My brother, my much younger, much more valiant brother...  :'(
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline GatCat

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 10:27:08 PM »
ThANK YOU for posting this! My youngest son called me a few days ago, saying his soon-to-be wife saw it, and just broke down. He got back from Iraq last Jan, will be re-deploying early next year ( 19D, Cav Scout ). May God bless all those who serve!!
Mark

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 04:28:08 AM »
ThANK YOU for posting this! My youngest son called me a few days ago, saying his soon-to-be wife saw it, and just broke down. He got back from Iraq last Jan, will be re-deploying early next year ( 19D, Cav Scout ). May God bless all those who serve!!
Mark

Yes indeed & I wish the best for your son. My youngest son is in Iraq now.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 05:25:46 AM »
I recently retired after 26 years Civil Service working for the AF.  I also served 24 years active duty, retiring in 1978.  The point, I have many years working with the young men that serve.  Most are of the same opinion as this young man.  

I have donated my time to several community ventures since retiring and have found that most of the young people who support Obama, and are opposed to eliminating terrorist,  have no military experience, generally live in a household where every whim is answered to, have little or no responsibility, and don't give a damn about you, their freedom, or our country.  As long as they get what they want they are happy.

It is refreshing to know there are still those among us that have suffered the pains of war and still believe in what this country has stood for since it's beginning.

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 07:36:55 AM »
I recently retired after 26 years Civil Service working for the AF.  I also served 24 years active duty, retiring in 1978.  The point, I have many years working with the young men that serve.  Most are of the same opinion as this young man.  

I have donated my time to several community ventures since retiring and have found that most of the young people who support Obama, and are opposed to eliminating terrorist,  have no military experience, generally live in a household where every whim is answered to, have little or no responsibility, and don't give a damn about you, their freedom, or our country.  As long as they get what they want they are happy.

It is refreshing to know there are still those among us that have suffered the pains of war and still believe in what this country has stood for since it's beginning.
About the time I am ready to give up on this country  I see a young man or woman in uniform or  hear someone in the media whining we have so many over seas and my hope is renewed that we still have that many people that step up, to serve our  country
 GatCat, nomosendero, tell those Heros you raised, I said "thank you for my freedom"
That goes for anybody else that has family over there too!
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier