Author Topic: Now is the time for gun owners  (Read 263 times)

Offline thxmrgarand

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Now is the time for gun owners
« on: September 12, 2008, 06:46:54 AM »
The elections for President/VP, Congress and many state legislatures are about 7 weeks away.  It's time for gun owners to identify where and how they can be most effective in ensuring gun rights are protected.  Practically, at this stage all we can do for this election is work hard for pro-gun candidates.  It's too late for this election to do the preparatory tasks that every gun owner needs to do to keep candidates committed to gun rights and to keep the shooting sports and gun ownership issues strong.  For this election we now have to take what we have and do our best.  In my state, AK, the pro-gun presidential ticket would have won our meager 3 EC votes even if our very pro-gun governor was not on the ticket but I need to make sure relatives and friends are working for the McCain-Palin ticket.  And campaigns can always use money! For the US Senate seat up for grabs we have a very pro-gun 84 year-old incumbent running against the very anti-gun mayor of the largest city - a city that has over half the population of AK.  Lower 48 money is pouring into this race as the D's believe Senator Stevens is vulnerable (he is under indictment for not paying enough for some home remodeling, not reporting the gift of a sled dog puppy, and trading a 1964 Ford Mustang for a Landrover and not paying enough difference).  That mayor signed the city up for the Bloomberg anti-gun mayor's map, and therefore gun owners know where he stands on gun rights.  We also have a former CA attorney who may have never shot a gun running against a pro-gun Republican for US Congress.  However, the pro-gun Republican hasn't yet been decided in a very close primary for which votes are still being counted.  I will be working part of every day to help pro-gun candidates be elected because at this point I see no alternative.  The coming US Supreme Court appointments the next President will make are by themselves enough reason for gun owners to be a force in this election!  Thank you for your time.