Author Topic: Greetings....  (Read 398 times)

Offline scottdn

• Trade Count: (0)
Greetings....
« on: September 14, 2008, 04:28:36 AM »
I just would like to introduce myself.  My name is Dan and while not a Handiholic as of yet I have a decent start.  I came to this site looking for tips on fitting barrels to my action.   I started my HandiLife as an impulse couldn't pass up deal.   I was at a local Gander and they had 3 Handirifles on the used rack,  all in 223,  2 in the Survivor configuration and 1 Ultra Varmint so I bought them all.   The price I paid was embarrassingly low and I was happy to take them home.  I've since sold one action to my shooting buddy and he has mated serveral barrels to it already. 

The Ultra has quickly become a favorite of mine and now sports a Harris bi-pod and Bushnell glass.  I am hoping to take it in the field and see what she'll do on coyotes.    As of now I have 3 barrels for my rifles (22 hornet, 223 fluted, 223 bull) and am looking to sell a 223 barrel and add a 45-70.

I look forward to hanging out with you folks,  I know I'll learn a lot from the content here and I hope to add something back.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: Greetings....
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 04:48:58 PM »
Welcome aboard!!!!!!! You will enjoy it here. There are a lot of people that know a lot. If you have a question someone here will have an answer. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline scottdn

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 05:18:15 PM »
Welcome aboard!!!!!!! You will enjoy it here. There are a lot of people that know a lot. If you have a question someone here will have an answer. Dale

Thanks Dale.  Do I know you from another board?

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 07:48:36 AM »

Could be I have posted on a number of different internet boards like. Outdoor fourms sponsored by Shooting Times, Guns and ammo and Rifle Shooter. I have also posted in Long Range Shooting and Varmints Den to name a few. I mostly post here though. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline scottdn

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 08:16:47 AM »

Could be I have posted on a number of different internet boards like. Outdoor fourms sponsored by Shooting Times, Guns and ammo and Rifle Shooter. I have also posted in Long Range Shooting and Varmints Den to name a few. I mostly post here though. Dale

Outdoors best,  I'm a regular over there.