Author Topic: Another cannon maker  (Read 941 times)

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Another cannon maker
« on: September 14, 2008, 06:51:22 PM »
I couldn't find this cannon/mortar maker in the resource list; so I thought I would share with everyone. He also make molds.
It looks like his website is still under construction.
www.ClassicCannons.com 
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
Re: Another cannon maker
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 04:06:33 PM »
Hi Folks its been a few weeks..., I been outa town and am still not home yet however I thought I would log in for this one during a routine internet cafe email check-up. (El Caz I knew you had Pirate in yer Blood Mate ., Your sig is more honest now bro *Grinning* Very cool) .
I did buy a ball mold from this man back in January from Ebay. The ball it produces is .950 and works really well in all of my 1.00" bore stuff. I do not have alot of casting experience however as you can see from his website photos there is not alot of additional metal for the mold ., just the essentials., so ., it seems to me to heat up quickly and makes 1.00 dumb-dumbs quickly. I had another ball mould from a fishing weight company and the larger mold size was hard to heat and left my balls wrinkled  ;D and frosted at best  :o .

Also I purchased 2 - 1.00" bore confederate siege mortar barrels only. I did my own little carriages.  Needless to say I am very very pleased with the work and craftsmanship ., along with the prices. My purchases were small and probably dont mean much ., I dont know him ., however I would buy again in a New York second.
Rich

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 04:49:25 AM »
Tropico,

Without question I have the Blood of a pirate, I placed an order of a micro mortar from classic cannon while there was a delay in shipping, the gentlemen was kind enough to ship me the 1.00" confederate mortar at no charge for the inconvenience. Here is a picture of his work.

Ed

Offline rays89

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 09:56:49 AM »
Elcaz I do like the work how long did you have to wait? I am going on 17 days for the miro

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 10:14:46 AM »
I don't recall, but I recommend you calling him.

Ed

Offline rays89

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 12:07:25 PM »
I sent him an E-mail in which he promptly replied. He had some equipment failure. And wrote back that he will make it up to me. I will let you know the results when it comes in
                                                     Ray