Author Topic: Weekend plans changed -- time to kill Coyotes  (Read 691 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
Weekend plans changed -- time to kill Coyotes
« on: September 18, 2008, 06:45:19 AM »
Had planed a tree rat trip for sat morning , well my little sister called , seems that her SIL had her dog attacted by yotes last night around 6 PM . they live about 20 mile north of me so I'm off to kill yotes sat .

The part that realy bothers her is that her kids were out back not 1/2 hour before this happened and now she it not letting the kids out till something is done . my BIL will be home this weekend to help out , he works out of town during the week and its his sister .

There was another reported attack about 15 mile west of me last week were a poddle was killed by yotes , time to thin them out .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline stimpylu32

Re: Weekend plans changed -- time to kill Coyotes
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 05:46:04 AM »
Well no dead dogs this morning , did get a passing glimps of one out well over 400 but no shot and it would not come any closer , will try another spot this afternoon late .  ???

Did see quite a few deer out and about , along with some redtailed hawks and a ton of tree rats coming out of the woods by were I was set up .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 07:58:20 AM »
What`s a matter with you? Didn`t you know they are never around if you have a gun. You should have left your gun home then they would have been there.  ;D A buddy of mine pilled in Wen. afternoon he had just seen 2, so when I got the grass finished I when over and they were no where to be found eather, but we made the mistake of takeing guns too.

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 07:20:52 AM »
Careful buddy , the ANTI's will be saying " See its the guns that kill things not people "

Its like deer season , you see tons till you walk into the woods with a gun  :o  then they are nowere to be found  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline Glanceblamm

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 02:47:53 AM »
Keep at it Stimpy...If there is anyway possible to use the terrain to hide your approach to the call site, do it.
You might also give the area 30min or so to quiet down before calling after you are situated in the blind. The reason for this is because if you are spotted walking in, the attention span of a Fox or Coyote may be such that it won't even remember seeing you after 10 to 30min.

I also like to pay attention to the Major/Minor feeding times as said by the Solunar tables as they really do seem to pay off and may help you out on that 40mile round trip & the gas prices.