Author Topic: skunked!  (Read 356 times)

Offline ScatterGunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
skunked!
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:43:50 AM »
day 2 and the score is "SG" 0 Grouse 2...

the dog and i spent 2 days in the best grouse country in new york state and i batted zero. not one shot fired, not one bird seen.

this year i am using AA 410 HS hulls and wads, a 1/2 oz of home made #8 shot, and 15+- grains of H110. i've been using home made shot since the spring made out of wheel weights, lead pipe, and junkyard lead. patterns are identical in diameter and dispersion to AA HS #9 factory loads.

last fall and up to the spring i was still using the old style AA hulls, the HS hulls load much better and last longer. i still need to find a use for my sizable collection of old AA hulls ;)

grouseless....

"SG"
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: skunked!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 12:39:30 PM »
i still need to find a use for my sizable collection of old AA hulls

I feel the same as you and prefer the HS over the older AA but one of the fellows at the range refuses to change and if your old AA hulls are in good shape fired only once or twice he might buy them from you if the price is reasonable. PM me if you'd like to have me ask him about that. I sold him all the old ones I had some while back.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!