Author Topic: $700,000,000,000 BAILOUT!!!  (Read 5706 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: $700,000,000,000 BAILOUT!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 03:25:26 AM »
It's clear that you understand nothing about what's going on.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 03:26:14 AM »
Because we need a country to live in.
like the land i live on is going to dry up and go away?  get real.  this boils down to the fact that a few have lined their pockets; they raped and pilleaged until there was/is nothing more to take.  now they want someone else to pay for their sins.  why else the rush to do it?  things need to slow down a little here, lets not get caught up in hype and really screw things up.  

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2008, 03:28:06 AM »
  now THAT is an intellegent statement if i ever saw one.   ::)   i think she has a pretty good grasp on things. i would say she is definately more informed than SOME people around here.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 03:32:27 AM »
I won't say what I think.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 03:35:50 AM »
go ahead.  dont hold back....DEFINE YOURSELF.   show us what kind of person you really are. 

Offline superhornet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 03:59:22 AM »
SWAMPMAN reply #18---my friend, you have hit the bullseye dead center...The Democrats have an old saying, "the masses are asses", and with most of the voting public, that is about to be proven again in Nov.  Vote Democrat, its better than working...

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2008, 04:20:08 AM »
Eh, give sovereignty rights back to the states...

I don't hate McCain because he's crossed party lines trying to get things done.  I hate him for the Amnesty bill he backed/introduced. 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2008, 04:24:58 AM »
GUESS WHAT!!!!!
if it happens in this country, the tax payers are going to pay for it.
never said it is right, but i for one would like to have a place to live.
Since i already speak America i would like to stay hear. Now we know
who is going to pay, lets figure out how and get-r-done.
Maybe the people can try to keep this from happening again, don't
know how but maybe. ??? :( >:(
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline jimster

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2008, 04:28:56 AM »
long as they are printing up money and giving it out....

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.
Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a 'We Deserve It Dividend'.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a 'We Deserve It Dividend'.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free.

So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.

That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.

A husband and wife have $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.
Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads
Put away money for college - it'll be there
Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
Buy a new car - create jobs
Invest in the market - capital drives growth
Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves
Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back, and of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it.
Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General.  Sell off the real estate.
Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion 'We Deserve It Dividend' more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC .

And remember, The Family plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam. Talk about a stimulus package!

Think this is as good as bailing out losers?

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2008, 04:31:00 AM »
Newt Gingrich last night on Fox News had it right.  Don't just give a blank check to bail them out.  Government doesn't need to get in to mortgage business.  Give them a low interest government loan like they did Chrysler back in the 80's.  Make new mortgage rules to go by.  

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2008, 04:42:55 AM »
Eh, give sovereignty rights back to the states...

I don't hate McCain because he's crossed party lines trying to get things done.  I hate him for the Amnesty bill he backed/introduced. 

I support Amnesty if that's what you want to call it.  America needs people who will work.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2008, 04:46:23 AM »
Because we need a country to live in.

I personally would much rather live in a country with a few bankrupt businesses than a socialized economy, but it is nice to see that Bush's scare tactics worked on some people.  ::)

Heather
Bush's scare tactics, what would you do, the man is trying to do something,
maybe not exactly what he laid out but something. at least he stepped up and said we got to do some thing, who else got the ball rolling, remember when he tried to put some controls on Fannie and Freddie, i guess those were scare tactics and guess who blocked that.
Rex

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 04:47:36 AM »
"GUESS WHAT!!!!!
if it happens in this country, the tax payers are going to pay for it.
never said it is right, but i for one would like to have a place to live.
Since i already speak America i would like to stay hear. Now we know
who is going to pay, lets figure out how and get-r-done.
Maybe the people can try to keep this from happening again, don't
know how but maybe.
  "

You already speak American?  I speak English and before long I may have to press 2 for english instead of 1, if McCain has his way...

A person would think that we would have figured out this credit/finance/stock thing after the first depression... Oh well, I guess the 3rd depression is the charm...

If I'm not mistaken, a huge cause of the American Revolution was unfair taxation w/o representation...

"I support Amnesty if that's what you want to call it.  America needs people who will work."

Yeah... ok swamp... America needs people that will work... Lets get some more jobs in America too work... Lets review our welfare system and find those people who are milking it jobs in tomato fields and chopping cotton, to aid in their welfare check. Lets make sure that every bonafide American who wants to work can.... When that avenue is exhausted then we can start hiring illegals to work.  God only knows we've shipped enough jobs to Mexico.  

As for Jimster?  I like that plan!  
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 04:48:06 AM »
i'm with jimster!   ;D

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2008, 04:54:58 AM »
Lets make sure that every bonafide American who wants to work can....

Let's make sure every American who can work has to.

There's no job shortage in this country.  There's a bad shortage of people who will work.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2008, 04:58:30 AM »

REALLY??????  It is clear to me that you sir are clueless.  You really think the world is gonna crumble if we don't bail out the big wigs.  Our country is already crumbling.  The world as you know it is gonna cease to exist SOON.  Throwing away $700 Billion is just gonna make it happen that much faster.  You readily give away your freedom for an illlusion of security. Though a secure state w/o freedom is just as bad as the dictatorship we are fighting against.  Now you are willing to socialize our economy to bail out big business.  What rights and freedoms aren't you willing to give up.  What part of FREE MARKET do u not understand, because the Gov throwing $700 billion at it to save it is quiet the opposite.  You sir sit down enjoy you happy life and not care that the Gov is trying to TAKE IT OVER.  I on the other hand will see with both eyes and listen with both ears while using what I know about economics, and will come to the conclusion that this bail out is BAD for the American citizens.
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 05:11:18 AM »
Just more proof that you don't understand what's going on here.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 05:17:07 AM »
I'm siding w/ heather on this one!

As for Swampman...

Let's make sure every American who can work has to.

There's no job shortage in this country.  There's a bad shortage of people who will work.

As to the first line of your statement... Yeah... Pretty sure that was the point I was making... Thanks for repeating it though...

Second part of the statement... A shortage of people to work... Yeah... see what happens when you let illegals work the jobs...  If there are 300,000,000 illegals working in this country, thats 300,000,000 americans who aren't working those jobs.  But yeah swamp... let's just make them citizens... that fixes the problem!

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2008, 05:17:17 AM »

REALLY??????  It is clear to me that you sir are clueless.  You really think the world is gonna crumble if we don't bail out the big wigs.  Our country is already crumbling.  The world as you know it is gonna cease to exist SOON.  Throwing away $700 Billion is just gonna make it happen that much faster.  You readily give away your freedom for an illlusion of security. Though a secure state w/o freedom is just as bad as the dictatorship we are fighting against.  Now you are willing to socialize our economy to bail out big business.  What rights and freedoms aren't you willing to give up.  What part of FREE MARKET do u not understand, because the Gov throwing $700 billion at it to save it is quiet the opposite.  You sir sit down enjoy you happy life and not care that the Gov is trying to TAKE IT OVER.  I on the other hand will see with both eyes and listen with both ears while using what I know about economics, and will come to the conclusion that this bail out is BAD for the American citizens.
it doesnt matter, for he believes!  evidently nothing bad will happen to him as believers are immune to bad things. ???
      more likely that his life has more years behind him than ahead and no children to worry about.   in that situation, i wouldnt care much, either.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2008, 05:23:11 AM »
What belief's are you refering to Myron?

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2008, 05:27:50 AM »
Singleshotsam
I think if you go to England and lay some of your English on those folks,
you will understand you do not speak English, maybe an American dialect
of it. Same as Mexicans speaking Spanish.
Rex

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2008, 05:34:12 AM »
What belief's are you refering to Myron?
refer to this thread and his commentsconcerning starving children.
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,152424.30/topicseen.html

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2008, 05:34:44 AM »
Yeah rex... pretty sure I passed English in high school... not American...
I've talked with several people, from both Britain and Scotland and we all understand each other perfectly.  

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2008, 05:43:10 AM »
I can honestly say that using  someones religeous views as an arguement  makes you sound very uneducated and foolish... Be the better man.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2008, 05:47:56 AM »
he opened the door when he tried to trump heather's view by using his religous beliefs.   as far as me being uneducated and foolish; i will take the pepsi challenge anytime.   so try again. this time, put some thought into it.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2008, 05:56:10 AM »
Lol... nice reply.  I will agree w/ you on the fact that way too many people throw their religeous views around in the wrong kind of way and in the wrong scenarios.  I'm a christian, but there is a right time, a right place, and a right way to try and witness to people.  Political discussions aren't really the proper arena to force a religeous view on someone...

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2008, 06:05:25 AM »
my point exactly.   when someone does that, they have just removed themselves from serious consideration.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2008, 06:15:14 AM »
he opened the door when he tried to trump heather's view by using his religous beliefs.   as far as me being uneducated and foolish; i will take the pepsi challenge anytime.   so try again. this time, put some thought into it.

I don't have a religion.  None of this has anything to do with religion.  Heather (nor anyone that thinks we don't have to do the bail out)just doesn't understand the subject matter.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2008, 06:15:57 AM »
Man... isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2008, 06:26:20 AM »

I don't have a religion.  None of this has anything to do with religion.  Heather (nor anyone that thinks we don't have to do the bail out)just doesn't understand the subject matter.

So because we both have watched, heard, and read most of the same things regarding the bail out and came to a different conclusion of its effectiveness, I must be ignorant???  Do you care to tell me what it is that I don't understand??
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin