Author Topic: $700,000,000,000 BAILOUT!!!  (Read 5714 times)

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: $700,000,000,000 BAILOUT!!!
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2008, 07:24:54 AM »
yup, because we need more sellouts,rollover artists, and quiters.   ::)

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2008, 08:13:35 AM »
I have read that some of you folks are stocking up on food, for the impending
whatever, can any of you tell me just how much food two people need to
hoard? I don't know how much because i don't know how long. I would like to think this would work but keep coming up with how much for how long, and
their will be lots of folks looking for food soon after it starts, just don't think i could hold of say 50-100 folks no matter how much ammo i had. This will
not be like the great depression, way-way more folks, some of them already been on the gimme program all their lives, used to people that lived in the country were considered lucky, they could grow things to eat, not as many
now. ???
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2008, 09:00:39 AM »
Bailout Fails House of Rep.  205-228... Thank Pelosi for blaming it on Bush's admin before the vote... She may have just did us all a huge favor...

I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2008, 09:39:29 AM »
yup, because we need more sellouts,rollover artists, and quiters.   ::)
  I agree  :D

Offline pab1

• Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2008, 09:56:59 AM »
I don't know if anyone has brought up this quote from Forbes.com. This should really make you feel good about the bailout!

In fact, some of the most basic details, including the $700 billion figure Treasury would use to buy up bad debt, are fuzzy.

It's not based on any particular data point," a Treasury spokeswoman told Forbes.com Tuesday. "We just wanted to choose a really large number."   

Here is a link to the article:
http://www.forbes.com/home/2008/09/23/bailout-paulson-congress-biz-beltway-cx_jz_bw_0923bailout.html
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. "
Thomas Paine

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2008, 10:28:10 AM »
And there are some of us on here that were criticized for doubting the terms of the bailout... WOW! 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2008, 10:37:33 AM »
  If I bought more truck, car, motorcycle, rifle,hound dog or housethan I can honestly afford..I should lose my butt on the deal...and not
  expect fellow citizens (who may have settled for a much lesser truck, car or home) to pay the price for my greediness/foolishness.
    Seems only common sense to me!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2008, 11:17:59 AM »
How many on here read the bail out as defined by congress. Its on the net. ( yes it is a crock) Go read it like we should and then come back and argue.
We let the liars tell us what we need and we get in line behind the bigger fool or liar. We end up taking sides and dont know for what. But while we are in the back room all giddy with fun and games whoring and drinking, the door flys open and in walks oppression, deceit, and the loss of freedom and we jump up and say, well who was watching the door?

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2008, 01:56:53 PM »
looks like plenty are watching it now because the bill was defeated.  thank God!  way too many people trying to shove it through way too fast. 

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2008, 02:04:06 PM »
And there are some of us on here that were criticized for doubting the terms of the bailout... WOW! 

it was the sheeple at work again, thankfully enough folks aint following the lemmings off the cliff.  if we are in that big a hole, better to quit digging sooner rather than later.  of course, that isnt what we were told to do, but it seems like the politicians are all scared stiff.  mainly cause they all are to blame, and foresee their heads on the ends of poles if'n (when) it does come tumbling down.   

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2008, 02:12:08 PM »
Now here is where it will get really good. Now the bill will go into committee and the scum we call our House of Representatives will pile on the pork. By the time this bill is passed the original 700,000,000,000 will look like chicken feed.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2008, 02:20:12 PM »
the whole deal is baloney.  i hope it meets political gridlock from here on out and nothing ever gets done with any of it and that the fat cats loose their shirts like they rightfully should. 
   nothing good will ever come of any bill passed to bail these @$$clowns out.  there are those buffoons that swallow hook-line-and-sinker the story that everything will fail if we dont do the bailout; but the sheeple scare easy, dont have any heart or desire to fight, and do as they are told until they are slaughtered anyway.   ba, baa, baaaaaaaaaaaa....................................

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2008, 11:38:12 AM »
A bad economy is bad for the markets.
The only people that should be for this bailout are the ones wanting to cash in there retirement fund in the next couple of years.
Hmm, Congressmen have to run for there jobs every fiew years don't they.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2008, 12:44:52 PM »
It's been posted elsewhere on GBO that part of the bailout plan proposed and voted upon had inclusion of millions of dollars to be disbursed to ACORN.  I would not have voted on any bailout that aided that corrupt organization, no matter what the results.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2008, 12:56:28 PM »
Deltecs;
  That offer to ACORN..
   There can be very few occasions in history when blatant, theiving, partisan, criminal politics could have been better illustrated..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2008, 01:29:20 PM »
what  is  OSAMAS  association  with ACORN?     was  he  their  lawer?
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2008, 06:48:18 PM »
for those of you whom have not seen the bill here it is.

http://www.rules.house.gov/110/text/110_hr3997_amnd_samnd.pdf

or as an attachment to this post

Source for all those who require them: http://thomas.loc.gov/
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2008, 03:07:57 AM »
I was reading on www.cnn.com  and the bail out plan is going to the senate even though it failed in the house.  They have added 4 more pieces of legislation so the senate could vote on it first.  Piece one, raising the FDIC insurance cap from $100,000 to $250,000.  Piece two, "the sweeteners include renewable energy tax incentives for businesses and individuals alike-that has been on the table for several months and had a chance of passing at some point anyway."  Piece number three, "the bill also includes relief from the alternate minimun Tax, without which millions of American's would have to pay the so-called 'wealth tax'.  And here's my favorite, piece 4, "the revised bailout bill also includes a 'Mental Health Parity' provision, which would require health insurance companies to cover mental illness at parity with physical illness."
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2008, 05:45:33 AM »
they are trying everything they can to backdoor this through.  be vigilant, folks.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2008, 08:29:41 AM »
When WaMu failed and was seized by government regulators, Fishman had been on the job for just 17 days. However, he was contractually guaranteed $11.6 million in cash severance on top of the $7.5 million signing bonus he got for taking the job.

Basically, Fishman netted just under $20 million for 17 days of work, which is a pretty nice setup for the head of a collapsing corporation.

Hey I thought the bailouts were supposed to help the little guy?  ::)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/10/01/mf.easy.money/index.html

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2008, 09:51:50 AM »
simply put... my life hasnt changed since this crap came to light.  the only ones soiling themselves (are far as i can tell) are the wall-streeters and ceo's who dont want to pay the fiddler.   now they are packaging it as "saving the little guy".  hogwash.  they are trying to save their own @$$3$ by getting us to pay for their sins. 
   to hell with the 'bailout'.  it is a con job from the start and the great thing is that everyone who wants to see the truth knows it.  no one trust the politicians anymore, and the politicians know it will be their jobs if they do it anyway.  they are scared for sure.
   so the hell with 'em.  what are they going to do to me anymore?  raise the price of gas?   ::)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2008, 09:59:02 AM »
Do you guys think that some of these top Wall Street guys and big CEO'S could lose everything they own if this bail out does not happen. Boy that would be great to watch them cry. It would nice to see them go through what the average American goes through every day. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2008, 10:11:54 AM »
so the hell with 'em.  what are they going to do to me anymore?  raise the price of gas?

They did down here and even with the price increase far more stations DON'T have gas than do and those that get it seem to sell out rather quickly. You can either call around and find who has some and then go IMMEDIATELY to buy it before they run out or just drive around hoping to find someone with it. Wal-Mart was the only place I could find with gas the other day when I went to get a new battery for my tractor and some gas for the lawn mowers. They had a limit of $75 in effect which allowed me 15 gallons for the mowers and the pump shut off then at 5 gallons more in my pickup.

Today I called around and found out who had some and went immediately to buy more since Matt has run my pickup dry when he had it borrowed. I put $85 in and still didn't fill it up.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2008, 10:43:51 AM »
This is one big setup from the start. No one is talking about the war and the cost. Bush was on TV about a month ago saying how good things are its all a big mess.  I hope you guys get gas soon before something bad happens.  I have a sick feeling about this election.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2008, 11:43:42 AM »
This is one big setup from the start. No one is talking about the war and the cost. Bush was on TV about a month ago saying how good things are its all a big mess.  I hope you guys get gas soon before something bad happens.  I have a sick feeling about this election.

You really think there will be an election??

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2008, 11:45:16 AM »
OBAMA  admitted  the  surged  is  working  so  now  they  need  someting  new  to  beat  BUSH  up  over  even  tho  its  their  fault..  something  else  is  going  on  this  is  just  a  distraction.......i  have  a  very bad  feeling  about  the Marxist  CHANGE  we  are  in  for
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2008, 11:50:45 AM »
OBAMA  admitted  the  surged  is  working  so  now  they  need  someting  new  to  beat  BUSH  up  over  even  tho  its  their  fault..  something  else  is  going  on  this  is  just  a  distraction.......i  have  a  very bad  feeling  about  the Marxist  CHANGE  we  are  in  for

Sure is a very expensive distraction to American Tax Payers.

Heather

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2008, 11:55:36 AM »
democreats  been  covering  it  up  for  years      just  brought  it  out to  muddy  the  waters

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2008, 05:07:25 AM »
In a developing story on www.cnn.com

NEW YORK  (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks tumbled Monday, with the Dow Jones industrial average falling below 10,000 for the first time in nearly four years, as European governments' rush to prop up failing financial firms underscored the global reach of the credit crunch.

Credit markets remained tight, with two key measures of bank jitters hitting an all-time high. Treasurys rallied, lowering the corresponding yields as investors sought safety in government debt. Gold rallied for the same reason. Oil dipped. The dollar was mixed versus other major currencies.

The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) lost around 400 points or 4% in the early going, and fell below 10,000 for the first time since Oct. 29, 2004. The Standard & Poor's 500 (SPX) index and the Nasdaq composite (COMP) both lost more than 5%.Stocks slumped Friday, as the Wall Street's worst week in seven years ended with President Bush signing the historic $700 billion bailout bill after weeks of contentious debate. The bill involves the Treasury buying bad debt directly from banks in order to get them to start lending to each other again. (Full story)

But the bill won't help loosen up credit markets in the near term, and with cash still scarce, investors remained on edge.

The Federal Reserve attempted to address this Monday by making an additional $300 billion available to banks in return for a broad range of damaged assets. That raises the amount available to banks to $600 billion as of Monday and the Fed could expand that to $900 billion by the end of the year. (Full story)

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2008, 05:31:50 AM »
They should have listened to Newt Gingrich.  He said this wouldn't be the solution.  At least both my senators and representative voted against the bailout.