Author Topic: Fobus holster question  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Andrew Quigley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Fobus holster question
« on: September 24, 2008, 03:56:56 PM »
I bought a Fobus holster for my Smith & Wesson J-frame. Haven't quite mastered, to say the least, drawing from this holster. This model doesn't have a tension adjustment screw. Anybody else use one of these? Did it take you a while to get the draw down?

Andrew

"Lost!!  Ain't never been lost. Fearsum confused for 2 or 3 months but never lost!!"

Offline Savage

Re: Fobus holster question
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 02:40:12 PM »
Andrew,
Not sure what kind of problem you're having. I have several Fobus holsters, although not for a "J" frame. I suspect the holster holds the gun tightly, making it difficult to draw. The draw from this type of holster requires a quick jerk to snap the gun free on the draw.  It gets better with use as time goes on.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 11:28:28 PM »
Never owned a Fobus.
Would the old wet it and stick the gun in wrapped in plastic work?
It did on several of my Horseshoe.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Andrew Quigley

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 06:15:45 PM »
Wet molding won't work on these as it's a plastic molded holster. Problem is it does fit the gun so well it's hard to draw. That's the problem I'm having with mine is finding that sweet spot on drawing.
 Worked at the quick snap draw a couple weeks back til it gave me a weggie trying to draw!!
Andrew

"Lost!!  Ain't never been lost. Fearsum confused for 2 or 3 months but never lost!!"

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 07:01:03 AM »
i  can't  find a  left handed fobus for my j frame  ....do  they  make  it????
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline J-Train

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 11:07:58 AM »
I have used Fobus holsters for a couple of semiauto pistols, but not for a revolver.  Fobus holsters are made to hold the gun tightly unless it is drawn straight up.  If you try to rip it forward, as some of us have been taught, it doesn't work too well.  This is supposed to keep someone from taking your handgun in a scuffle.  Try practicing with a straight-up draw to clear the holster.  This was covered in the instructions that came with my holsters.

Offline Andrew Quigley

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 05:19:32 PM »
If it had a straight up draw it would be better for me but this one has a forward cant. Have tried to work with it but I'm nearly tearing it apart trying to draw. Thing I'll buy a leather holster with a thumb break. Wasn't really into plastic holsters to being with but it was all I could find locally.
Andrew

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 04:43:56 PM »
I have one, and it holds the J-frame pretty dang tight. Haven't taken the time to work with it yet, but there ain't no way a gun will fall out of it!
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 05:06:33 PM »
left  or  right  there  griz
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 06:51:27 PM »
45-70;

It's a right hand. I haven't been lookin' for a lefty. (Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I kinda got busy at work and backlogged on emails!)
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."