Author Topic: The Bush Doctrine/ The Bush Legacy  (Read 4019 times)

Offline Mike Britton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: The Bush Doctrine/ The Bush Legacy
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2008, 02:08:49 AM »
So, swampman, I retired from Deere in'04. I'm no longer working. Does that mean I shouldn't be able to vote?
What about people who own their own business, and retire? No W2 there.
Heather, I like your idea of a test for political knowledge, but you will have EVERY member of the ACLU pickiting outside your door. The ONLY thing that keeps the ACLU in business is political ignorance.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA
Crabby conservative old fart

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2008, 02:12:07 AM »
guess ya'll are OK with the waste then !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2008, 02:32:32 AM »
No, I'm not OK with the waste.
But one of the few thoughts of wisdom I got from my dad was "you can't change the system from the outside". So, I go vote, and a lot of times I don't get what I want. Or I don't get all that I wanted, so I keep on voting.
I'm not ready to take up arms against my government, and I'm darned sure not ready to do the job myself, so my only option is to keep voting in hopes that eventually I'll vote for a politician that will actually keep his, or her word.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2008, 02:50:44 AM »
People working/worked for the government shouldn't be allowed to vote.....conflict of interests.... ;) ;D ;)

....TM7
Cool idea, TM7 !! Any other business, or municipality, would require the same, why not the government?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2008, 05:23:15 AM »
If they work why not ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline J-Train

• Avid Poster
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2008, 09:28:01 AM »
Well, Bush-haters, I hope you'll be happy in Obama's USSA.  Get ready to turn in your "assault weapons," such as your Remington 1100 and your Colt 1911, your Ruger 10/22 and needless to say your evil AR-15.  Who needs firearms for protection, since the police can be there in minutes to help you when you hear the glass breaking?  And I'm sure you won't miss conservative talk radio, once the "fairness doctrine" is reinstated.  Who needs to hear both sides, anyway?  Don't think they'll stop with the first and second amendments... 

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2008, 01:34:07 AM »
You said it train, to paraphrase an old bumper sticker the Dems want to take us from citizens to being their subjects.

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2008, 04:37:23 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but it's really a "no brainer" for me. As long a the Dems have idiots like Feinstien, and Shumer, and Polosi, and embrace ideas of ANY kind of gun control, it's a deal breaker for me.
Sometimes, I'd like to be more moderate in my politics, but I've always voted Republican ( Starting with Nixon) and always will. I don't always agree with all the Republicans' ideas, but gun control for me is a deal breaker.
If Al Sharpton was a champion of the second amendment I would have to vote for him.
For me, the second amendment is most important, and every thing else comes next.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2008, 04:48:59 PM »
Biddens favorite boast is " I wrote the assault weapon ban" I think the 2ND amendment is not a negotiable item It the only reason i voted for bubba i thought he was stupid and he has proved it beyond a doubt. He has sent men into harms way were he avoided going without the proper planning, under staffed, under armed and under protected wars are easy to win the peace takes work we still don't have the electricity working in Iraq the only way to win peoples heart and mind is to improve their circumstances
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2008, 04:50:33 PM »
Bush will go down in history as the worst failure of a president, criminally charged, most deceptive/dishonest, and responsible for the economic takedown of the USA and The Constitution. Likely, he better stay on his new ranch in Paraquay, because there is so much stuff ready to dump on his and cheney's head it ain't funny. Even his defenders will be embarrassed to admit they once supported such a criminal duffus.

...TM7

Many people thought even less of Lincoln . Some still do. However, the Lincoln Memorial is there, I've seen it. History will decide.

Yes the Lincoln Memorial is still there. But Lincoln ain't. Lincoln was a scoundrel, that violated the Constitution and Bill of Rights, and ENDED states rights. 
Bush claims to be a Christian but, has said numerous times that the Christian, Muslim, Hindu, ect all worship the same god. Well I sure don't worship the same god as those other groups do. Many folks mistake wealth and a good education for wisdom and intelligence. There not the same. Having a title don't make you right.
Bush gave us the Patriot Act which over rides the the Constitution and Bill of Rights, and I damn sure ain't gonna thank him or respect him for that. He ordered the invasion of a country (Iraq) that had done nothing more than refuse to do things his daddy's and his way. I ain't gonna thank him for that either.
He also pushed and got me and everybody else 850 billion more dollars in debt bailing out Wall Street, and basically took over Free Marketing and Federalizing it. I think I'll pass on thanking him and those other sold out sob's for that too. Thank you very much.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Dee

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2008, 04:52:24 PM »
Biddens favorite boast is " I wrote the assault weapon ban" I think the 2ND amendment is not a negotiable item It the only reason i voted for bubba i thought he was stupid and he has proved it beyond a doubt. He has sent men into harms way were he avoided going without the proper planning, under staffed, under armed and under protected wars are easy to win the peace takes work we still don't have the electricity working in Iraq the only way to win peoples heart and mind is to improve their circumstances

Biden is not one wit worse than John McCain. McCain has for 26 years voted AGAINST the 2nd Amendment 73% of the time. Like Biden, McCain has a voting history too.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2008, 02:48:38 AM »
yesterday bad  things happened.  history will not be kind to bush for what he did yesterday.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2008, 06:00:23 AM »
yesterday bad  things happened.  history will not be kind to bush for what he did yesterday.

In my opinion the actions of our leaders yesterday should go down in history as criminal!!!
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Dee

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2008, 12:23:03 PM »
Bush asked for 700 billion dollars. The Senate led by Obama and McCain, added another 150 billion dollars of PORTK to it, and then voted for it. Where were those anti-pork ethics McCain has been bragging about when that happened. McCain is a fraud, and so is Obama.
Seems to me history will be a long time forgeting these two clowns also.

Offline deltecs

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2008, 12:29:28 PM »
Bush asked for 700 billion dollars. The Senate led by Obama and McCain, added another 150 billion dollars to it, and then voted for it.
Seems to me history will be a long time forgeting these two clowns also.

As a matter of Constitutional law, the Senate cannot initiate spending bills in Congress.  It is prohibited by the US Constitution.  Spending bills can only be intitiated in the House of Representatives.  The tax bill that the House sent to the Senate was acted upon with the addition of the bail out provisions attached to it and sent back to the House for vote.  The additional 150 million dollars is the tax portion of the law and the rest is the bail out.  The 150 million would have been passed and spent in any event, even if the bail out had been voted down.  Let's not criticize either candidate for the tax portion of the law, as both they and the rest of Congress had already approved this portion anyway. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Dee

« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2008, 12:33:06 PM »
Tax portion my hind leg. A bunch of that pork (about a billion) alwent to NASCAR for cryin out loud. Pay attention to the news releases. Some of it even went to stuff like legilation to protect companies that make wooden arrows, form law suits. ::)

Offline deltecs

« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2008, 12:36:04 PM »

Biden is not one wit worse than John McCain. McCain has for 26 years voted AGAINST the 2nd Amendment 73% of the time. Like Biden, McCain has a voting history too.

And this percentage figure for McCain on the 2nd Amendment is inaccurate too.  This percentage is the percentage of votes for other bills that may or may not have influence on the 2nd Amendment rights.  I don't call voting for campaign finance a vote against the 2nd Amendment, yet this is exactly what GAO and NRA have called a negative vote for the 2nd.  I don't care if one likes the campaign finance law or not, but to add up the votes that oppose these organizations positions on them as being applicable to the 2nd sounds a lot like Obama.  And I wholeheartedly support the 2nd, but not necessarily the organizations that support it also in some cases.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline deltecs

« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2008, 12:41:28 PM »
Tax portion my hind leg. A bunch of that pork (about a billion) alwent to NASCAR for cryin out loud. Pay attention to the news releases. Some of it even went to stuff like legilation to protect companies that make wooden arrows, form law suits. ::)

I think you need a review of the provisions.  NASCAR RACE TRACKS were depreciated over a 7 year period by the IRS when they were built.  New IRS determinations afterward declared these tracks to be depreciated over a 15 year period.  This change in IRS depreciation schedules amounts to taxation after the fact for construction.  If I build a house or business with a depreciation schedule over 7 years and part way through the term of depreciation, the IRS changes the tax interpretation, this cuts into my profit and motives for buiding the damn thing in the first place and probably would not have done so.

Greg
deltecs

Offline deltecs

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2008, 03:34:11 PM »
Well, again it appears that some have not any business experience.  If I have a boat built, sometime taking years, before it can be depreciated under IRS rules, it must first be in commission by use.  The total cost of construction is its capital construction costs which are totalled up for depreciation once it's in use.  If during the construction time and projected percentage of profit and loss, the depreciation schedule goes from 7-15 years, it would have an influence over whether or not to even construct a new vessel.  The same applies to race tracks that have for years been depreciated over a 7 year period by the IRS and then the IRS changed the determination and classified these tracks for a depreciation schedule for 15 years.  I will not debate the legality of the IRS, as it has been adjudicated many times in SCOTUS, which decisions have determined it to be legal.  And you are in error about depreciation schedules not being changed by the IRS or declassifying into a different category real property or vessels by the IRS to change and increase the tax status. 

Greg
deltecs

Offline deltecs

« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2008, 03:54:32 PM »
For crying out loud put down the whiskey. I said once YOU,,,(you the taxpayer) pick a depreciation schedule you can't change it, and that's all. What the IRS does the IRS does. You have an inordinate amount of reading errors of lately. You don't own capital items till you take title and/or possession of the capital item with or without liens..like boats.

..TM7

Some depreciable items are not given a choice by the IRS, it determines the exact schedule you must use.  And I KNOW capital costs and when they can be depreciated. 

Greg
deltecs

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2008, 06:38:31 PM »
When did the fed "loosen-up?-who was prez?,Who smoked-o-didn't inhale!
At least Monica was honest

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2008, 07:04:49 AM »
are  you  better   of  than  you  were 4  or  8  years  ago??     sounds  like  you  are  appealing to  the  loser  vote    i  am  doing  much  better  and  feel  much  better  now  the  assault weapons  ban  is  gone   most  states  have  concealed  carry permits,  i  don't  have to  work  if  i  don't  want  to  any more......OBAMA PROMISES CHANGE  I   SO  I  DON'T  LIKE  HIM
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.