Author Topic: AR15 whats your opinon?  (Read 15275 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: AR15 whats your opinon?
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2008, 02:24:50 PM »
I killed a deer with my mini 14, great little gun. A guy told me he was against assault rifles, I said what is that??? I said, you mean powerful, short, lt wt, quick to point??? He said yeah, thats it. I said, funny, thats what I call a good brush gun. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2008, 02:42:37 PM »
I killed a deer with my mini 14, great little gun. A guy told me he was against assault rifles, I said what is that??? I said, you mean powerful, short, lt wt, quick to point??? He said yeah, thats it. I said, funny, thats what I call a good brush gun. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

You just described every short barreled lever gun in my possession including my 444p outfitter.  Seems peculiar to see it described as an assault rifle doesn't it Swampman?  Get used to it!  It is the next step to failure, thanks to people who are so willing to cave.

BTW,  I mean no offence to Powderman as I merely used his statement to show a point.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2008, 02:48:38 PM »
right  to  keep  and  bear  arms  shall not be  infringed...........you  wouldn't believe  all  the  hoops  i  had   to  jump through  to  get  my  suppressed sub-machine gun......i  don't  care  what  some  ignorant  Anti-gun moron  thinks  of   my  taste  in  toys  ..  i  own  and  shoot  what  suits me.... some  states  you  can't  hunt  with  a simi-auto.......bet  they  will  be  they  next  states  to  ban  ownership....because  the  hunters  don't    care........then  when  they  come  after  the  hunters  guns  the  the  auto  crowd  [that  is  now  into  fishing]  will  laugh  and  say  where  were  you  when  they  banned  my  gun
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2008, 03:37:15 PM »
once again, swampy knows best and the  rest of us are just morons.  just ask him, he'll tell you!    i have a stump out back i would just as soon waste my time talking with, and i KNOW the stump is more open minded.   ;D

Offline powderman

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2008, 04:41:03 PM »
OLD SYCHO. No offense taken. I wish I still had that mini, a great little brush gun.  I know folks that hunt deer with their sks, nice little woods guns too. My last kill was with my 94 winnie. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2008, 05:38:46 PM »
right  to  keep  and  bear  arms  shall not be  infringed...........you  wouldn't believe  all  the  hoops  i  had   to  jump through  to  get  my  suppressed sub-machine gun......i  don't  care  what  some  ignorant  Anti-gun moron  thinks  of   my  taste  in  toys  ..  i  own  and  shoot  what  suits me.... some  states  you  can't  hunt  with  a simi-auto.......bet  they  will  be  they  next  states  to  ban  ownership....because  the  hunters  don't    care........then  when  they  come  after  the  hunters  guns  the  the  auto  crowd  [that  is  now  into  fishing]  will  laugh  and  say  where  were  you  when  they  banned  my  gun
This is an actual quote from an NRA propaganda piece isn't it?

I wouldn't use an AR to deer hunt with.  Not that it wouldn't work just fine, just not my style.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2008, 05:41:33 PM »
This is an actual quote from an NRA propaganda piece isn't it?

I wouldn't use an AR to deer hunt with.  Not that it wouldn't work just fine, just not my style.

We all have different taste & different styles. Isn't it nice to have the ability to make that choice for ourselves.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2008, 02:42:22 PM »
i wouldnt use it for deer either.  but i would/do use them for predator hunting.   but the thread was about what we thought of the ar in general, not whether or not it was what we prefered for deer hunting.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2008, 02:47:51 PM »
You need to re-read the first post.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2008, 02:48:52 PM »
once again, swampy knows best and the  rest of us are just morons.  just ask him, he'll tell you!    i have a stump out back i would just as soon waste my time talking with, and i KNOW the stump is more open minded.   ;D

Finally a post I agree with ;)
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2008, 03:20:07 PM »
Back in the 1700s a gun with rifling would be classified as an assault weapon.  Mid 1800s a breech loader would thus be classified.  Those Indians sure took care of Custer and the 7th with their assault (Lever) rifles.  Then in the 1940s it was the M-1 Garand.  An assult rifle can be many things.

Now as for the AR type guns, they have come a long way.  You can now get them in 22-250, 6.5, 308, and many other calibers.  They are becoming popular for hunting varmints and big game.  Someday I will probably own a couple.  At the moment my Mini-14 and Mini-30 are serving me well, so I don't need an AR.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline no guns here

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2008, 01:19:38 AM »
I like mine... have shot two deer with it.  No hogs, no pd's, killed a bunch of paper with it.  A few crows became puffs of feathers in a friends field one day.  Smoked a coyote or two on the in-laws place.  Yep it works for me when I want it to.  If I were going to hunt with it in a social setting I might paint it something other than black just because.  They are great little rifles.  Accurate and quick handling too.  Fun gun but it tends to eat $20 bills like crazy....

ngh
"I feared for my life!"

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2008, 03:12:12 AM »
dont worry, i did.  he asks for everyones opinion on them, not "opinion on them for deer hunting".   

displaying your smug attitude and air of "i-know-it-all" has really shined a light on what kind of person you are.  you are a right wing nutjob, every bit as bad as, and maybe even worse than, a left wing nut job.  come to think of it, i do dislike right wing loonies more than the left wing loonies; because the right wing nutjobs turn off people to issues that are important to me. 
   more importantly, you are a quiter.  you have effectively rolled over,  died, given in, sold out, stabbed in the back, spit on, double crossed,  might-as-well-burn the second amendment with your views, actions, and statements.  i have no use for you, and i doubt i am alone.  you have redendered yourself irrelevent.  you just dont matter.  you are just another sheeple. ::)

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2008, 03:33:42 AM »
come to think of it, i do dislike right wing loonies more than the left wing loonies; because the right wing nutjobs turn off people to issues that are important to me. 
I've been saying this for quite some time.  Those among us who don't understand how important image is don't understand the world they live in.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2008, 03:44:28 AM »
Geez... Leave it to swampman to screw up yet another great thread... Swampman... I just read a post by you on friday that said "...after I buy food and pills you have nothing left to invest."  What the hell did you do w/ that $30,000????????

I know a LOT of things I could invest in w/ $30,000... And not a single one involves the stock market... 

And what cracks me up even more about you is that after SEVERAL people ask you to produce some accurate facts, or links about how the AR15 is screwing up hunting or the public image of hunting, you choose to ignore their request, insult them, and then act like your the only person on this forum who's opinion is right...

Why not just donate that $25-30k to the Brady Center?   It would do just as well...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2008, 03:50:47 AM »
You need to reread the first post.
dont worry, i did.  he asks for everyones opinion on them, not "opinion on them for deer hunting".   

displaying your smug attitude and air of "i-know-it-all" has really shined a light on what kind of person you are.  you are a right wing nutjob, every bit as bad as, and maybe even worse than, a left wing nut job.  come to think of it, i do dislike right wing loonies more than the left wing loonies; because the right wing nutjobs turn off people to issues that are important to me. 
   more importantly, you are a quiter.  you have effectively rolled over,  died, given in, sold out, stabbed in the back, spit on, double crossed,  might-as-well-burn the second amendment with your views, actions, and statements.  i have no use for you, and i doubt i am alone.  you have redendered yourself irrelevent.  you just dont matter.  you are just another sheeple. ::)

I cheated, I read the last page of the book.

You clearly made low scores in compression.  This isn't about the AR-15.  It's about using military weapons for hunting.

I just want to be able to own guns and hunt as long as possible.  The fact that I choose to do what's best for all rather than what's best for me should tell you something.  Unlike you, I'm not a self centered narcissist.  Your opinion is less important that the facts you want to ignore.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2008, 03:53:09 AM »
Geez... Leave it to swampman to screw up yet another great thread... Swampman... I just read a post by you on friday that said "...after I buy food and pills you have nothing left to invest."  What the hell did you do w/ that $30,000????????

I know a LOT of things I could invest in w/ $30,000... And not a single one involves the stock market... 

And what cracks me up even more about you is that after SEVERAL people ask you to produce some accurate facts, or links about how the AR15 is screwing up hunting or the public image of hunting, you choose to ignore their request, insult them, and then act like your the only person on this forum who's opinion is right...

Why not just donate that $25-30k to the Brady Center?   It would do just as well...

I have no idea what this ramble is about.  I am misquoted in the first part, and then it's talking about $30,000.  I guess I missed something.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2008, 04:41:08 AM »
Are you smoking crack Swampman? 

"You clearly made low scores in compression.  This isn't about the AR-15.  It's about using military weapons for hunting."

My answer to that post is:

Topic: AR15 whats your opinon?

As for misquoting the your post... Found in Second Amendment and Political Discussion

" Re: im an conservative
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 07:46:07 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"After I buy food and pay my bills, I have no money left to invest in anything.  If I'm lucky, I'll get to work until I die."

Okay, I confused "pills" and "bills"  My bad.  So I have cut and pasted your actual quote in admitting my mistake...

Then again... found in this very discussion... posted by Swampman

"This is the kind of response I expected.  It's completely wrong headed, but it's what I expected.  I didn't feel like losing $25,000-$30,000 dollars so I sold them.  I still have an extensive collection of hunting guns, but I don't buy expensive stuff anymore."

Now unless I'm mistaken, if you did not feel like losing $25,000-$30,000 you would have sold them for that amount.  Now if you sold your "extensive" paramilitary gun collection... what did you do w/ your $25,000-$30,000?  And better yet... Why do you not have any money to invest in anything?

I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2008, 06:47:35 AM »
I cheated, I read the last page of the book.
...yeah right.   the word "tool" comes to mind; and a dull one at that. 
You clearly made low scores in compression.  This isn't about the AR-15.  It's about using military weapons for hunting.
where does it say that?  you are making stuff up again

I just want to be able to own guns and hunt as long as possible. The fact that I choose to do what's best for all rather than what's best for me should tell you something.   

i fail to see how your rolling over and selling out is helping that in any way.  the only person you are kidding here is yourself.
Unlike you, I'm not a self centered narcissist..
 it sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.   
Your opinion is less important that the facts you want to ignore
the only "facts" i am ignoring are the ones you are manufacturing.   i am going to go talk to my stump now..... 

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2008, 07:41:02 AM »
I just want to be able to own guns and hunt as long as possible.  The fact that I choose to do what's best for all rather than what's best for me should tell you something.

That's the most conceited thing I believe I've EVER read on the internet. I tell you what buddy YOU worry about YOU. I'll decide what's best for me

Unlike you, I'm not a self centered narcissist

LOL why don't you contradict your self in the same paragraph

I'm guessing you don't have many friends ::) I know you you're one of those bitter %^%^ self centered baby boomers whose had everything in life pretty much fall in their hand (gimmie generation) who thinks they know what's best for everyone else, and doesn't mind to destroy everyone else's way off life to prove that point.

Please retire and get out of our way, we'll fix the mess you've made of the country.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2008, 07:54:54 AM »
You have the right to say what you like because of folks like myself.  This country cannot be fixed period.  I skipped to the last page of the book and I know how it ends.

I don't want any friends.

I've worked my ass off (and still am)for everything I have, and for what you have too.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2008, 08:07:22 AM »
  I agree.

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2008, 08:14:19 AM »
I skipped to the last page of the book and I know how it ends.

problem is you didn't read any of the rest of the book so you have no idea what it was about ::)

This country cannot be fixed period.

Like I said, get out of the way and don't worry bout it. We'll fix it

You have the right to say what you like because of folks like myself.

OH is your name on the bottom of the declaration of independence, Did you fight at Gettysburg, Amiens or Bastonge? I respect and cherish all our veterans but some of them really over use this cliché as if it puts them above being politically wrong or lets them intellectually bully people around for the rest of their lives.

I don't want any friends.

Translation: You can't keep any friends

I've worked my ass off (and still am)for everything I have, and for what you have too.

You haven't worked your ass off for ANYTHING currently I have, again quit trying to talk yourself up to being more important than you really are. May I suggest taking a long walk off a short pier. You sanctimonious .............

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2008, 08:19:52 AM »
Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary 10th. edition , (1975) any of various automatic and simiautomatic rifles designed for MILITARY use with large capacity magazines .

? , if you hunt with an AR-15 and use a 5 round mag. is it still an assault rifle ?
note nothing is said about color , attachment points , grip or stock .

I don't care for the AR platform ( had a Colt and another , both h-bars ) . But I think you can hunt with what you want . BUT why not be careful of the image we make for ourseves . Educate the un imformed not bash them . As shooters we have more to loose thru. attitude than we will ever gain .
So if you hunt where alot of public sees you maybe a 30 round mag. ain't the best choice , maybe if given the opertunity you can educate people as to why you only have a low capacity mag. and then it ain'e an assault rifle . LOOK IT UP !

I love my M1-A but hunt with it very little .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2008, 08:51:06 AM »
"Please retire and get out of our way, we'll fix the mess you've made of the country."

You said it... I'm 24 and love to think of how long its going to take to pay off our debt and get this place in working order again... but i'm for DAMN sure not giving up.  You wanna give up on it Swampman, head North to Canada, South to Mexico, East to Europe or West to Russia. 

I believe Swampman is refering to the book of Revelations, to which Jesus returnes to take his followers home... I too read the book... It doesn't say lay down and let everything turn to S#&T  until the lord comes back. 

Swampman, your in the situation you are because of poor planning and your dependency on others to take care of you. 

Lets please get this thread back on track... If its not too late (swamp)... the discussion is on the AR15 and your opinions of it. 

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2008, 09:03:27 AM »
police themselves

You can't be serious?  You've chosen to interpret this to mean the anits are right and you've given up.  You gave up and joined the opposition when you sold off your "extensive paramilitary collection."  I once quit a job because the libtards who owned the company decided not to allow anyone to carry on company premises so tell me, which of us will be responsible if our rights are eliminated.  Please note I said if not when.  I state it this way because I've read the 2nd amendment and understand what it says.  There is no mention of "keep and bear arms" as long is they're percieved under a certain light. 
YESSIR!!!!!!!!!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA
Crabby conservative old fart

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2008, 09:15:38 AM »
Lets please get this thread back on track... If its not too late (swamp)... the discussion is on the AR15 and your opinions of it.

The trend is defiantly moving way from bolties to AR variants as the quintessential  American hunting platform. Much like the transition from lever guns to boltguns that took place after WWII. In the future it'll become more and more common to see a ar variant in the treestand or blind.

For me the platform offers much more versalitility than any others. For me I wanted a rifle with sufficient power to hunt with but offered the ability to swap between excellent match quality iron sights and a scope without re zeroing. In my case the flat top ar was the ONLY sensible option

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2008, 10:30:50 AM »
freedom  is not  free,,,,,,if  i  exercise  my freedom  to hunt  with  an  AR  and  the  want  to  fight  me  over  it....so   be  it ... but    they  banned cocaine  and  Maryanna  because  they  did not  want  you  to  have  it  now  all  the  criminals  turn a  good  profit  from  it but  they  never stopped  it.....i  am  not  going  to  work  my  life  around  not  upsetting  anyone.......if  they  ban  my  AR    then  i  will  splash game  with  my  single  shot.......50BMG              [next  you  going  to  say  my  stainless   looks bad or  handgun hunting]
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2008, 11:27:36 AM »
The trend is defiantly moving way from bolties to AR variants as the quintessential  American hunting platform.  

yeah, right on; - quite - quietesssssssssss-quin- wha- what is that? what you said?

J   U   S   T    K   I   D   D   I   N   G ;D ;D :D
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2008, 01:15:32 PM »
I studied long and hard to come up with the perfect combination of size, over all length, weight with a medium caliber of medium power best suited for white tail at 20- 200 yards.

This is it, in my opinion of course. An M4 configuration of a Bushmaster in 6.8 SPC. The pic shows a 27 round magazine. I use a ten round mag to make it more compact, not to please any onlookers.

I bought the gun last year and am looking forward to taking several deer with it. In Wisconsin, where I live and hunt there is no restriction on capacity or gun type, so I will exercise my right to use this rifle, with out fear of upsetting some thin skinned, spineless #*&*. There are not many of those people where I hunt anyway, they would probably be offended by my truck and knife and flannel shirt and hat and.........
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.