Author Topic: AR15 whats your opinon?  (Read 15291 times)

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: AR15 whats your opinon?
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2008, 06:28:43 AM »
I agree!  That's not what this is about.

What is legal, isn't always ethical.  Is it ethical to harvest more than you can use even if it's legal? Not IMO.

You have the right to be a game hog.  Does that make being a game hog right?

This is all about doing what is best for the our hunting heritage.

You are trying to squirm your way off course. There is NOTHING unethical about hunting with an AR &
you can be a game hog with a single shot. The weapon has no relevance in that. I know a "game hog" that uses a bow & has in the past killed way more Deer than he could use or eat with his compound.

How about my earlier question Swampman, do you think us handgunners should sell our handguns because alot
of the same folks who "feel" AR's should not be used for hunting "feel" the same for handguns. Is that another area where you feel we should cave & if not, why is it different? BTW, this is on subject because it refers to type of weapon/image.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #151 on: October 04, 2008, 11:43:06 AM »
Mr Fudd is alive and well

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2008, 11:54:49 AM »
Swampman is alive and well

He may be alive but he's far from well.  At least old Elmer wasn't a quitter.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2008, 12:12:18 PM »
Why would I squirm?  I've done the right thing.  I don't have anything to feel guilty about.

there is unethical about hunting with an AR

There is nothing ethical about hunting with an AR.  It's bad for the sport.

do you think us handgunners should sell our handguns because alot of the same folks who "feel" AR's should not be used for hunting "feel" the same for handguns.

Unlike the AR, some handguns were designed for hunting.  Do I think a Glock 17 should be used for hunting?  No I don't.

I sold my semi-autos because I didn't need them to hunt with nor for self defense.  When the government takes them (and they will take them), I'll still have the money that was tied up in them.  You on the other hand will wet your pants and hand your's over.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2008, 12:31:34 PM »
Unlike the AR, some handguns were designed for hunting.  Do I think a Glock 17 should be used for hunting?  No I don't.

I sold my semi-autos because I didn't need them to hunt with nor for self defense.  When the government takes them (and they will take them), I'll still have the money that was tied up in them.  You on the other hand will wet your pants and hand your's over.

I guess you'll be shocked to find out that bolt actions weren't originally "designed" with hunting in mind. In fact mankind developed  projectile firearms with one thing in mind.... KILLING HIS FELLOW MAN!

So what's the deal? It's only OK to kill deer with hardware that's antiquated by military standards......What a bunch of BS. There's absolutely no way you can intellectually defend your argument otherwise. But for you it's all about feeling good, logical thinking has NOTHING do do with it.

For gods sake ,Think of the children ::)

You know cemetery's across this country are full of old dead guys who absolutely knew they'd live to see gun confiscation, but hey go ahead and live your final few years locked up in your own smug and miserable little world, It won't hurt my feelings one bit.....

Like I said previously I'm more worried about getting hit by a falling satellite than I am the imminent gun grab

But that 's not what this is really about is it swampman? Just admit real agenda is that you're a closet case self denying liberal, state knows best, 1960's revolutinary leftover who just happens to enjoy hunting, but doesn't want to be viewed as being too conservative by your leftest peers.

You probably have a grey ponytail and wear tie dye.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2008, 12:43:25 PM »
"Like I said previously I'm more worried about getting hit by a falling satellite than I am the imminent gun grab"

That's why we'll lose them all.  Folks like you that think it won't happen and won't vote to keep it from happening.  It will happen, and it will happen very soon.

But like other countries, we'll be allowed to keep single shots, bolt actions, and similar firearms for awhile.  I don't think handguns will make the cut.  I kept 2 revolvers that I have sentmental reason to keep.  Those will be gone too when the government wants them.

1 Thessalonians 5:22

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Nothing else left to say on the subject......good day sirs.

"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2008, 01:31:49 PM »
So when the people from PETA watch swampman shoot a deer with his 3006 bolt rifle they will say? mmmmmmmmmmm swampman is more ethical than many other hunters and seeks our approval? and gets our approval?

I am trying to understand Swampman but its not working. :-\

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2008, 01:40:02 PM »
That's why we'll lose them all.  Folks like you that think it won't happen and won't vote to keep it from happening.  It will happen, and it will happen very soon.

No unlike you I've kept a breast of and worked towards 2A developments of the past decade whilst you're stuck in a  1992 roll over and take me last mindset

CCW for most states in the union, Passed

Heller case, WON

Assault weapons ban, Gone

Supreme court on our right to own a gun,  Affirmed

political will to push for more gun control, Broken

Brady campane, Bankrupt

public opinion, On our side

What a losing streak ::)

you're problem is you just want something to whine about. :'(

Nothing else left to say on the subject......good day sirs

We can only hope....we can only hope

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2008, 02:07:35 PM »
Swampman one of these days when you're sitting on the river bank with your Grandson and your registered rod and reel and all those registered hooks trying to get him to understand your hunting stories make sure he also understands why he had to be neutered at birth.  Help him to understand why his grandfather chose self mutilation instead.  As has been stated before.  All different firearms were developed with the elimination of our fellow man in mind.  Some chose to also use them to aid in feeding themselves and others.  To support a secondary use and not the primary is pure insanity.  The people who would attempt to control us don't know the difference between an AR and a front stuffer.  The main thing they understand is that as long as we own and use firearms of any kind they cannot gain the control they desire.  The main reason the second amendment is even there, is that the men of the times were intelligent enough to understand that without it the rest was nothing but a waste of their time.

Support our rights!  Buy an AR and hunt with it, shoot paper or use it for self defense, but don't spit in the face of all that have come before us and fought for our rights by rolling over and playing dead out of ignorance in an attempt to worship the almighty dollar.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2008, 02:12:03 PM »
Support our rights!

Few have (or will) more than me.  I don't want an AR.  I want to do the right thing.  It's called ethics.

As far as I can tell, not one single person here (besides me) has grasp what this thread is about.

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2008, 02:27:05 PM »
Support our rights!

Few have (or will) more than me.  I don't want an AR.  I want to do the right thing.  It's called ethics.

As far as I can tell, not one single person here (besides me) has grasp what this thread is about.

OK what have YOU done???????

Back so soon! Didn't take you long to contradict yourself yet AGAIN

Nothing else left to say on the subject......good day sirs

Run along and play in the kitchen with the other women folk us MEN will debate the finer points of AR's

BTW I don't expect an answer to the above question just like you haven't answered any other questions posed to you. You'll just disappear for a couple days and come back when some new posters who you believe you can bully round find this thread

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2008, 02:41:44 PM »
I try to ignore this thread but it's like watching Jerry Springer.  It's hard not to respond to the sophomoric rhetoric, but I'm trying.  Most of it actually makes me LOL.  Do your parents know you're still up?

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2008, 02:43:32 PM »
I try to ignore this thread but it's like watching Jerry Springer.  It's hard not to respond to the sophomoric rhetoric, but I'm trying.  Most of it actually makes me LOL.  Do your parents know you're still up?

You mean you cannot stand to not get the last word in.

It ain't gonna work this time. Just answer the %^*( question

Do your parents know you're still up?
When do they turn out the lights at your retirement home

It's hard not to respond to the sophomoric rhetoric, but I'm trying.

This is at least the 2nd or 3rd time you've used this tired line after being confronted with those pesky FACTS

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2008, 04:08:43 PM »

1 Thessalonians 5:22

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Nothing else left to say on the subject......good day sirs.

Swampman  nice try but no cigar.
The Good and Evil referred to in those verses are not those that man perceives but that God perceives. Man has always try to replace one with the other according to his own desires.
Other than that I support your convictions on this, even though I don't agree with you.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline jmayton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2008, 04:19:54 PM »

Crap, I just got back from hunting hogs with my AR and my Glock.  I'm going to hell...I know it.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2008, 04:34:05 PM »
Why would I squirm?  I've done the right thing.  I don't have anything to feel guilty about.

there is unethical about hunting with an AR

There is nothing ethical about hunting with an AR.  It's bad for the sport.

do you think us handgunners should sell our handguns because alot of the same folks who "feel" AR's should not be used for hunting "feel" the same for handguns.

O My!!  "There is NOTHING ethical about hunting with an AR"  ;D
If you had the intellect, I would ask you to explain how hunting with an AR is unethical. That is a hyper stupid remark.
How exactly would that be? ::)

"some handguns were designed for hunting" Oh, I see, like Enfields were designed for War, but used for hunting, oh, OK ::) "Do I think a Glock 17 should be used for hunting? No I Don't." And of course we know that to these pencil necks you don't want to offend would not know a Glock 17 from a Glock 10mm, a good hunting handgun. The "image"
would be the same. How bout a Match Grade 45 Auto. They would convey the same "image" to your anti-gun
buddies you are trying to offend, yet anyone who knows the 45 & the best loads would have zero problems harvesting a Deer at 20 yards, as they could with a bow.

So once again your logic falls flat on it's face, & you still cannot illustrate how your caveing has helped the sport in
ANY conceivable way. Basically, if you want to be a suck, be one.  
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2008, 04:43:05 PM »
You probably have a grey ponytail ...

???   >:(  You been talkin to my wife boy!?  She don't like my (grey) ponytail either... So, it means I'm an old hippy...  :-\   Hummmmm, and here I thought it was a biker thing....  :-[   ;)

... and wear tie dye.

what the heck is tie dye!?
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2008, 04:55:10 PM »
Hummmmm, and here I thought it was a biker thing...

I don't know, for me grey ponytails have much more of a old bitter washed up hippy college professor vibe. Think George Carlin. In much the same way the mullet conjures up images of 20 something Camaro drivin white highschool dropouts. 

What's tie dye??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tie-dye

Offline Brett

« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2008, 05:06:58 PM »
Huh?  What does the choice of ones hunting tool, be it single shot rifle, semi-automatic rifle, compound bow, or spear for that matter have to do with ethics?   Ethics is about how the tool is used not which tool is used.  Is using a cover sent to mask human oder ethical?  What about sent baits or attractants?   What about camouflage for that matter?  We could take this argument all the way back too buckskins and muskets if you wanted to.   
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2008, 05:10:03 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tie-dye

Well darn!   :o  Learn sumpin every day!   ;D

'course all through the '60's Uncle Sam decided what I would wear...  ;)
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2008, 05:15:40 PM »
Huh?  What does the choice of ones hunting tool, be it single shot rifle, semi-automatic rifle, compound bow, or spear for that matter have to do with ethics?   Ethics is about how the tool is used not which tool is used.  Is using a cover sent to mask human oder ethical?  What about sent baits or attractants?   What about camouflage for that matter?  We could take this argument all the way back too buckskins and muskets if you wanted to.   

LOL I do agree up to a point. However I do believe that the usage of thermonuclear weapons to deer hunt with should be universally frowned apoun and all in all is "bad for the sport" and "our hunting heritage" ::)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2008, 05:21:14 PM »

LOL I do agree up to a point. However I do believe that the usage of thermonuclear weapons to deer hunt with should be universally frowned apoun and all in all is "bad for the sport" and "our hunting heritage" ::)
+1 on that one. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Brett

« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2008, 05:35:15 PM »

Why rule out small scale thermonuclear devices?  Just think you could harvest and cook your game all in one easy time saving step.   I can see the infomercial now.  "Order the Deer Hunter's Cook-O-Matic  today for three easy payments of only $19.99.   But wait, there's more!  If you call and place your order within the next 10 minutes we will include a seasons supply of iodine tablets and a set of Ginsu steak knives absolutely free ($15 dollars additional shipping and handling charges will be added to your bill). Operators are waiting.  ;)
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2008, 06:02:11 PM »
We could take this argument all the way back too buckskins and muskets if you wanted to.   

Ah HA!!  Finally!  A discussion that krochus may think I can contribute to!   :o
Gotta go, they fixin to turn out the lights here at the home...  ;)
Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2008, 06:05:10 PM »
Offered my BAR 7 mm/mag for sale a while back- no offers. Went to the range today-last chance for her-150 grain fusions?-seriously-cloverleafs with a bar? I think Im keepin this one OSAMA

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #175 on: October 05, 2008, 04:12:03 AM »

I guess you'll be shocked to find out that bolt actions weren't originally "designed" with hunting in mind. In fact mankind developed  projectile firearms with one thing in mind.... KILLING HIS FELLOW MAN!

So what's the deal? It's only OK to kill deer with hardware that's antiquated by military standards......What a bunch of BS. There's absolutely no way you can intellectually defend your argument otherwise. But for you it's all about feeling good, logical thinking has NOTHING do do with it.

For gods sake ,Think of the children ::)

You know cemetery's across this country are full of old dead guys who absolutely knew they'd live to see gun confiscation, but hey go ahead and live your final few years locked up in your own smug and miserable little world, It won't hurt my feelings one bit.....

Like I said previously I'm more worried about getting hit by a falling satellite than I am the imminent gun grab

But that 's not what this is really about is it swampman? Just admit real agenda is that you're a closet case self denying liberal, state knows best, 1960's revolutinary leftover who just happens to enjoy hunting, but doesn't want to be viewed as being too conservative by your leftest peers.

You probably have a grey ponytail and wear tie dye.
HEY!!! Watch out with that grey pony tail and tie dye stuff!!!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA
Crabby conservative old fart

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #176 on: October 05, 2008, 04:17:46 AM »
You probably have a grey ponytail ...

???   >:(  You been talkin to my wife boy!?  She don't like my (grey) ponytail either... So, it means I'm an old hippy...  :-\   Hummmmm, and here I thought it was a biker thing....  :-[   ;)

... and wear tie dye.

what the heck is tie dye!?
I guess we must have missed that memo.........
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #177 on: October 05, 2008, 04:19:51 AM »

Wow!! You could killem' and cookem' all at the same time!!!

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #178 on: October 05, 2008, 08:01:28 AM »
i tired of swampmans ignorance a while ago, and opted to talk reasonably and intelligently to the stump in my yard.   i have made more progress than you guys have with swampy.   you can all come over and debate with the stump, it seems to enjoy it and actually articulates itself better,  has better information, and a much better grasp on scripture than swampy.  and, conversing with the stump yeilds more progress. 

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2008, 08:12:46 AM »
So.....You might say that talking to the stump really gets to the root of the problem?