Author Topic: AR15 whats your opinon?  (Read 15324 times)

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
Re: AR15 whats your opinon?
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2008, 08:24:01 AM »
 ::) GROANNNN!!!  And I thought my humor was bad!   :D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2008, 09:32:06 AM »
So.....You might say that talking to the stump really gets to the root of the problem?
definately moreso than talking with swampy. ;D  the guy has gone so far out on the right wing, he is now an extreme left wingnut! :o

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2008, 09:34:03 AM »
and by the way swampy,  i have a book that says your book is the wrong; and the book that i have is the one you should be reading.   ;D   

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2008, 10:12:29 AM »
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2008, 10:27:57 AM »

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »
Since you act like children, I thought you might enjoy it.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2008, 01:37:09 PM »
Since you act like children, I thought you might enjoy it.

You gonna answer the question anytime soon??

You stated nobody has done more for RKBA than yourself....imagine that.... self aggrandizement from Swampman...No WAY

When asked what you've actually done you reply with SILENCE and ignore the question. As you've already done previously in this thread.

What I can't comprehend is why you hang around. Either A. you cannot grasp the level of PWNAGE myself others have displayed over your intellectually challenged replies. Or B. you're so bitter and lonely  any social interaction is something to be cherished no matter how negative

And you accuse others of acting childlike.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2008, 02:25:48 PM »
I have to put in my two cents worth. I hunt in minnesota where guns in vehicles must be cased. I have never came across an anti (or a warden) between my truck and my treestand. When im on my way home (with my deer in the back of my truck with the topper on) i see dozens of deer on top of mini-vans, suvs, and the like-tongues hanging out and blood running down the windows. What kind of image does that give us? Pretty sure that sticks in little kids's minds when theyre going to bed at night after their parents tell them how cruel hunting is. Then they grow up to be lawyers and politicos and try to ban guns. And by the way-my first rifle was a savage 30/06 (bolt) and i bowhunt and muzzleload, but the rifle I take hunting is my BAR (black) because Im getting old enough that recoil hurts. (and it shoots much tighter groups than my a-bolt).

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2008, 04:12:24 PM »
I have to put in my two cents worth. I hunt in minnesota where guns in vehicles must be cased. I have never came across an anti (or a warden) between my truck and my treestand. When im on my way home (with my deer in the back of my truck with the topper on) i see dozens of deer on top of mini-vans, suvs, and the like-tongues hanging out and blood running down the windows. What kind of image does that give us? Pretty sure that sticks in little kids's minds when theyre going to bed at night after their parents tell them how cruel hunting is. Then they grow up to be lawyers and politicos and try to ban guns. And by the way-my first rifle was a savage 30/06 (bolt) and i bowhunt and muzzleload, but the rifle I take hunting is my BAR (black) because Im getting old enough that recoil hurts. (and it shoots much tighter groups than my a-bolt).

Ah, but it's a black rifle, doesn't Bloomberg, Pelosi, Obama & some Suburban Libs think those are evil?  ::) Oh & BTW, a bolt gun with a scope to those people is a sniper rifle, NOT a hunting rifle. Therefore, educate & keep using
the bolt gun or AR.

Anyway, mirage1988 that is a very good post & it is what most of us have been saying all along, but in a different way.
Yes, I have been wondering why many people shoud see what you are hunting with anyway, why wave it around, image is what we make it & because of that a Handi or a Mod 700 could be an "image issue" if the person with it is a moron, it is not the type of weapon. And you really can transport Deer without them being on a hood.  ::) I know that in the more "civilized" part of the world this could be an image thing, where I live or in the West they would just think that person is a idiot because he will ruin his paint. But image has to do with person, when you compromise on a weapon, you cave & the next Lib weapon target will provide the next cave, nope, I am not going there.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2008, 04:20:05 PM »
I live in Illinois but have hunted in Wisconsin and Minnesota also for many years.  During both of these state's seasons, you will see a lot of vehicles on the interstates heading south with deer strapped on cars, on ATV trailers, and what not. You also see a fair amount of game displayed on I-80 returning east from out west. Of course many other vehicles have people in them that are not hunters.  I'm not sure that I know how you can gauge just how much anti-hunting sentiment that might be stirred up by that.  I don't see it brought up too often in newspaper blogs, etc., but I don't really look too hard for it either.  I am sure that there are people who don't like seeing dead animals. I kinda like seeing somebody returning from a hunt in the north woods with a buck and a fresh-cut Christmas tree on the back, (its a tradition I cherish) but obviously that is offensive to some who just don't understand where meat comes from anymore.
I do know that in Wisconsin it used to be a regulation that the carcass must be transported in a way that was clearly visible to law enforcement - as in, the tailgate must be down if in a truck.
I looked at the WI DNR site recently and didn't find that in the regs anymore.  I don't know if that has been officially changed now or not.  The point is, that a lot of people "displaying their kill" have been obeying the law, and I don't think that most hunters are trying to be obnoxious in how they transport their game.
Like Mirage, I haven't seen enough people in the woods between my truck and treestand to really worry about what people would think if they saw what kind of firearm I was carrying.  I did have a BAR once, but like bolt guns, and even single shots more now.  The BAR was too heavy, but a fine shooter.  In the 1980's, (Pre-Zumbo) Terry Weiland wrote an article in SPORTING CLASSICS magazine demeaning semi-autos in the hunting field and stated that one's gun tells more about them then anything else.  I wrote a rebuttal explaining that my BAR was a fine rifle and if that was the primary way he judged me, I believe he would be wrong. This perception thing isn't new, is it?  It has been around a long time.
Since this thread started, my interest in an AR has grown.  My interest has also been whetted by a friend who loves his for predator hunting and gets phenomenal accuracy from them.  He has two Rock River Arms - one Coyote model, and a Varmint model. He's looking for a Ruger #1 International in 30.06 and is considering trading the RRA Varmint.  I just so happen to have a #1 Int'l in '06 like new that I have hardly ever shot.  So we'll see what happens.  I use firearms legally and responsibly. I'm not sure why I should worry about what someone thinks about an AR.  I'm not even sure anybody that would be afraid or offended by an AR would even see mine if I got one.  They are relatively common at the ranges I belong to - a non-issue, and when I am hunting, I rarely see anyone anyway.

CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »
If this thread causes more people to by an AR, that's fantastic!! I guess indirectly we can thank Swampman for that.

I have a RRA Varmit, if you get the chance, buy it. Mine will shoot sub 1/2" groups(5 shot) over and over with the 60V-Max, 77 MK, 69MK & a few others. You will be hooked.

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2008, 05:46:41 PM »
Well, tomorrow the swappin' talk will start.  He's been talking about a #1 for a long time.  I have an extra K-31 Swiss I might have tothrow in.  The RRA Varmint has the 16" SS barrel.  Funny, I had a couple of other things on the "want list" first, but this gun stuff is a fickle addiction - stimulated by this thread.  I am so easily swayed.......... ;D ;D
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #192 on: October 10, 2008, 04:35:32 AM »
And Swampman has no reply once again...

Swampman has no valid arguements... just invalid opinions that he mistakes for facts... In a time where everyone I know is buying a Semi-Automatic AR, AK, Mini 14, or LE Style shotguns, Swampman folds and sells all of his.  So when the time comes, he'll be mooching one of ours...

I'll garuantee, that Swampman has done more to ruin the image of shooting that most of us put together... Sounds to me like he is in denial...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline dukkillr

• Trade Count: (0)
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2008, 05:10:19 AM »
And Swampman has no reply once again...

Swampman has no valid arguements... just invalid opinions that he mistakes for facts... In a time where everyone I know is buying a Semi-Automatic AR, AK, Mini 14, or LE Style shotguns, Swampman folds and sells all of his.  So when the time comes, he'll be mooching one of ours...

I'll garuantee, that Swampman has done more to ruin the image of shooting that most of us put together... Sounds to me like he is in denial...
This thread had been quiet for 5 days.  Nearly everyone had insulted Swampman, and he apparently had quit responding.  Then you need to take one last late hit?  Let it die.  No one here has "facts".  There are no "facts" in an argument like this.  You like them, apparently most of your friends like them.  Most of the people posting here like them.  Everyone has said that already.  Let it go.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #194 on: October 10, 2008, 05:42:24 AM »
"Nearly everyone had insulted Swampman, and he apparently had quit responding. "

I wouldn't say insulted is the right word... how about challenged?

And anytime we "Challenge" Swampman about his veiws he quits responding... Thus the post.

No one here has "facts".  There are no "facts" in an argument like this.

Sure their are plenty of "facts" that could be posted in order to back up your opinion...  Just nobody takes the time to do it... Swampman himself claims to have the facts, but does nothing to present them...

"Let it go"

I could, but sometimes its more fun to call people out for what they are...

I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #195 on: October 10, 2008, 05:46:41 AM »
I could, but sometimes its more fun to call people out for what they are...

Oh he's been called out plenty already.  He's been called out so many times you can't count them all.  He's been called out several times since he quit responding.  You're adding nothing to the discussion but a childish poking.  Be the bigger person.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #196 on: October 10, 2008, 05:52:24 AM »
Well he got called out once more... deal with it...

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #197 on: October 10, 2008, 06:24:05 AM »
You're adding nothing to the discussion but a childish poking.  Be the bigger person.

+1.

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #198 on: October 10, 2008, 07:31:15 AM »
I swear, Graybeard's is a great source for information, fun, and friendships being based around firearms and our constitutional rights and everything in between, but lately you'd think that Swampman and what Swampman does, or what Swampman thinks or says, is the most important topics that could ever be discussed. I'm beginning to wonder if there is ever again going to be a thread on this forum that doesn't end up being centered around Swampman. Swampman this... Swampman that... geez... Maybe Graybeard should just do us all a favor and rename this place: Swampman and the Universe.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2008, 08:21:40 AM »
Topic Closed...

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2008, 10:47:15 AM »
I honestly believe Swampman should have his own forum, "The World/Universe according to Swampman".

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2008, 11:22:05 AM »
I think they tried that with Jamal without success. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2008, 12:07:45 PM »
Believe it or not it would prolly go over pretty well :)

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2008, 12:09:25 PM »
I think it would be very entertaining.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2008, 04:46:42 PM »
He got himself into a gunfight bringing only a 2" pinknife.  I think it should remind anyone that if you want to tell or suggest to others something they should do, you should be able to present your case with reasons why or a compelling argument. He could not & did not do that. And the 1 or 2 others who tried to help him out offered analogies that were easily refuted. So yea, dropping it is cool with me.

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2008, 04:15:59 AM »
I'm glad to see this thread "unraveling". I usually don't get on forums because they end up being like this thread became. If you want vicious, go to some of the hot rod forums!!
At any rate I've found it's easy to get into a real "pi$%ing match" with someone you aren't standing face to face with. Hell, even I get involved in these arguments, and they aren't even my arguments!
It reminds me of that routine that Richard Pryor used to do about the old man standing around watching the poker game. He doesn't have a dime invested in the game, but occasionally will yell out "bet a hundred!!" Without defending him,Swampman has his opinion, is convinced he is right, and no one is going to change that opinion. I think to some degree, all of us is are the same way.
We all get involved in these arguments, and I think it's good that we can realize when it's no longer constructive and give it up.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA
Crabby conservative old fart

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2008, 05:05:44 AM »
I'm glad to see this thread "unraveling". I usually don't get on forums because they end up being like this thread became. If you want vicious, go to some of the hot rod forums!!
At any rate I've found it's easy to get into a real "pi$%ing match" with someone you aren't standing face to face with. Hell, even I get involved in these arguments, and they aren't even my arguments!
It reminds me of that routine that Richard Pryor used to do about the old man standing around watching the poker game. He doesn't have a dime invested in the game, but occasionally will yell out "bet a hundred!!" Without defending him,Swampman has his opinion, is convinced he is right, and no one is going to change that opinion. I think to some degree, all of us is are the same way.
We all get involved in these arguments, and I think it's good that we can realize when it's no longer constructive and give it up.

Yes Mike, we all get involved in these arguments at times, just human nature. I do wish at times we could have these
discussions face to face, it would suit me just fine, but we don't have that option. And of course we all have a right to our opinions, at least we have that freedom for now. And if Swampman had said hey guys this is just my opioion &
here are the REASONS that I am saying this & show evidence of his thoughts having validity would be one thing,
but that did not happen. Instead, we were told that if we wrong & we are hurting the sport, without presenting a case at all by SM. On any forum, when you can't present your case & say others are wrong, expect an argument because you will get one. I do know that after viewing this thread & considering the "argument", one member acquired an AR, so I guess good will come out of this!!  ;)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2008, 06:39:22 AM »
we  live  in  a  DEMOCRACY

i   vote  swampman  must  kill  a  deer with an  AR

All  in  favor.........SAY  EYE

i  like  swampmans  ideas......until he  tries to  take  away  my  AR
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Brett

« Reply #208 on: October 11, 2008, 02:49:02 PM »
I'ld like to take a deer with a hand gun.  Would that be okay with you Swampy? :-\
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2008, 03:49:58 PM »
we  live  in  a  DEMOCRACY

i   vote  swampman  must  kill  a  deer with an  AR

All  in  favor.........SAY  EYE

i  like  swampmans  ideas......until he  tries to  take  away  my  AR

I don't want to take away your AR.  I just sold mine to get the money out of it before Obama becomes president.  The AR in 5.56 is unsuitable for deer hunting.  If you put a 7.62X51 upper on it, it suitable but unethical for deer hunting.