Author Topic: AR15 whats your opinon?  (Read 15325 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: AR15 whats your opinon?
« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2008, 03:56:21 PM »
I'ld like to take a deer with a hand gun.  Would that be okay with you Swampy? :-\

I was an avid handgun hunter for years, but I gave up stunt hunting as I grew older.  My opinion isn't important.  It's the non-hunters you'll have to worry about.  They're the ones that will make the final decision.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #211 on: October 11, 2008, 04:23:26 PM »
I'ld like to take a deer with a hand gun.  Would that be okay with you Swampy? :-\

I was an avid handgun hunter for years, but I gave up stunt hunting as I grew older.  My opinion isn't important.  It's the non-hunters you'll have to worry about.  They're the ones that will make the final decision.

I hunted deer with a handgun in Illinois when a special late season was opened several years ago for - handguns only- antlerless deer in under-harvested counties.  I did so to get meat for my family.  I never thought of it as "stunt hunting" and I think that's a foolish, irresponsible description. If it was a stunt for you, I'm glad you quit.  Don't paint others with that brush. It's the non-hunters we have to worry about?
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #212 on: October 11, 2008, 05:43:46 PM »
So by this revelation would bow hunting now be considered "stunt hunting" ::)

My opinion isn't important.

why swampy I do believe this is the first factual statement you've made in this entire thread!

BTW you gonna answer the question?

No of course not, you'll just hide for a couple more days and hope I forget

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #213 on: October 11, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »
we  live  in  a  DEMOCRACY

i   vote  swampman  must  kill  a  deer with an  AR

All  in  favor.........SAY  EYE

i  like  swampmans  ideas......until he  tries to  take  away  my  AR

I don't want to take away your AR.  I just sold mine to get the money out of it before Obama becomes president.  The AR in 5.56 is unsuitable for deer hunting.  If you put a 7.62X51 upper on it, it suitable but unethical for deer hunting.

Here you go again! Explain how it is unethical.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #214 on: October 12, 2008, 01:56:22 AM »
Yes, bow hunting is stunt hunting (and I gave that up too)but at least it isn't offensive to most non-hunters.

What was the question?
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #215 on: October 12, 2008, 05:39:36 AM »
Yes, bow hunting is stunt hunting (and I gave that up too)but at least it isn't offensive to most non-hunters.

What was the question?

Thanks Swampman.  You've provided a defining moment.  No longer will I waste my time reading your posts. ;)
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline Mike Britton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #216 on: October 12, 2008, 06:02:37 AM »
we  live  in  a  DEMOCRACY

i   vote  swampman  must  kill  a  deer with an  AR

All  in  favor.........SAY  EYE

i  like  swampmans  ideas......until he  tries to  take  away  my  AR

I don't want to take away your AR.  I just sold mine to get the money out of it before Obama becomes president.  The AR in 5.56 is unsuitable for deer hunting.  If you put a 7.62X51 upper on it, it suitable but unethical for deer hunting.
Swampy, we've just about beat this to death, but I have to know. I don't understand your comment about an AR is unethical for deer hunting. We go out and find game, we wait for an opportune moment, and when that moment arrives, we technically "ambush" that game. I love hunting. It's a right, a privilege, and a heritage I don't feel we have to apologize for.
 I don't see where ethics enters the picture. IMHO, if ethics becomes part of the picture, maybe we should go out and beat that deer to death with our bare hands. The point of hunting is to harvest game. Again, IMHO, ethics has   nothing to do with it, therefore, what kind of weapon one uses is immaterial.
Sorry guys, if I relit the fire, I just can't buy that logic. Mike   P.S., you hafta love the spellcheck!!!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA
Crabby conservative old fart

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2008, 07:04:57 AM »
you have quite a knack for sticking your feet in your mouth.  i am in the process of burning out that stump as i have tired of it, just as i have tired of your silly opinions and antics. ::)

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #218 on: October 12, 2008, 07:49:54 AM »
What's the question? You know damn well what the question is.

With regards to RKBA you stated

Support our rights!

Few have (or will) more than me.  I don't want an AR.  I want to do the right thing.  It's called ethics.

and I asked a simple

"OK what have YOU done?"

as of yet you refuse to answer this question

persona non grata.........It's very clear at this point that swampman brings NOTHING to the intellectual table, What GBO desperately needs is an IGNORE feature.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #219 on: October 12, 2008, 08:34:53 AM »
now  swampman  want  me  to  sell  my  AR   so OBAMA  can  steel  it  for  them
and  they  loose  their  money

then  i  can  hunt ethically with  my  2 inch  smith  j-frame  like   he  does

just  got  of  the phone  with  the  wild life  officer
my  AR  is  not  legal  unless  i  buy a  5 shot clip
my  2 inch  j-frame  is  legal  but  only  during  GUN  season
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline powderman

« Reply #220 on: October 12, 2008, 03:42:37 PM »
Believe it's 10 shot here in KY, I used a 5 shot with my mini 14, only needed one shot. Took a frontal shot, through the chest, lungs were jello. Wish I still had that rifle. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
« Reply #221 on: October 12, 2008, 03:44:54 PM »
I'll think about you guys while I'm hunting with my 30 rounder here in TX.  Actually, it's a bit sill to carry that much...but good to know I can if I want to.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2008, 03:48:37 PM »
"OK what have YOU done?"

Seems like 10 years in US Military Special Operations would count for something.

Seems like giving up a son to serve would count for something.

Seems like sending money to the NRA would count for something.

I hate jerks that talk about their military service so I prefer not to.

But you are welcome.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2008, 04:26:31 PM »
swampman   your  a  remington  fan
you  seen  that   r-10??
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2008, 04:32:13 PM »
you  seen  that   r-10??
Tim that would be the R-15 and the R-25. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2008, 05:39:19 PM »
"OK what have YOU done?"

Seems like 10 years in US Military Special Operations would count for something.

Seems like giving up a son to serve would count for something.

Seems like sending money to the NRA would count for something.

I hate jerks that talk about their military service so I prefer not to.

But you are welcome.

It counts for alot & is admirable, but it does not give you a pass to say inaccurate crap & then not back it up.
John Murtha is a Vet, but a sorry moron because of his actions today & no I am not saying you are like Murtha,
but past service does not mean you can't be wrong now as you are.

BTW again, why would hunting with an AR, 7.62 or otherwise be unethical, please explain.

Why would bow hunting be a stunt no matter how careful & effective the hunter may be. I am a bow hunter also & I would like an answer, I am sure some of the folks on the bow hunting forum would like that answer too.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2008, 05:41:56 PM »
I'll think about you guys while I'm hunting with my 30 rounder here in TX.  Actually, it's a bit sill to carry that much...but good to know I can if I want to.

We don't have restrictions here in AR either. One day I caught myself using a 20 round clip with 5 rounds in it. I wonder how much more evil that is than using a 5 round clip with 5 rounds in it?  ;)

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
« Reply #227 on: October 12, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »
One day I caught myself using a 20 round clip with 5 rounds in it. I wonder how much more evil that is than using a 5 round clip with 5 rounds in it?  ;)

It's pure evil ;)  because it doesn't matter the magazine capacity, just that its a magazine attached to a firearm of military origin (oh wait, that's most of the modern firearms...especially bolt guns) that has a pistol grip (like some of the new turkey guns) and is chambered in a military cartridge (crap, now I can't use my 30-06, .308, 30-40, 45-70, etc. etc.).  But it's pure evil, I'm sure of it.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #228 on: October 12, 2008, 11:55:31 PM »
you  seen  that   r-10??

Yes, it's fine for home defense or self protection.  Para-military weapons are unethical for hunting because of the negative impression they give the non-shooting public.  In the end we will lose our privlages because some of us could not police ourselves.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #229 on: October 13, 2008, 01:47:37 AM »
and who exactly made you the "ethics police"?   
   like was said, just because you have served your country, does not mean #1 you are god's gift to ethics  #2 that you get to decide who is right and who is wrong   #3  that we are going to bow to you.    you aint the only one who has served, especially in special ops.   and, i also know that support guys that are/were attached to special operations groups love to spout off at the mouth about being special ops; when the fact is that they are/were still just a cook, driver, secretary,etc., that was attached to a s.o. group.  seen it a hundred times.  if you werent a grunt, then you werent special ops.  and just like everything else in life, those that are most vocal about something, usually dont want others to know the whole story.  i have never known a true operator who ever lived in fear of anything....no matter what their age was. 
      just a little fyi in case someone wants to know....     

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #230 on: October 13, 2008, 01:54:39 AM »
  p.s.   i knew you were a liberal.  that mile wide entitlist streak you have is a dead giveaway.  imagine if everyone were like you????????? :o
so many takers that there would be nothing left to take!

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #231 on: October 13, 2008, 02:21:08 AM »
and who exactly made you the "ethics police"?   
   like was said, just because you have served your country, does not mean #1 you are god's gift to ethics  #2 that you get to decide who is right and who is wrong   #3  that we are going to bow to you.    you aint the only one who has served, especially in special ops.   and, i also know that support guys that are/were attached to special operations groups love to spout off at the mouth about being special ops; when the fact is that they are/were still just a cook, driver, secretary,etc., that was attached to a s.o. group.  seen it a hundred times.  if you werent a grunt, then you werent special ops.  and just like everything else in life, those that are most vocal about something, usually dont want others to know the whole story.  i have never known a true operator who ever lived in fear of anything....no matter what their age was. 
      just a little fyi in case someone wants to know....     

I have no fear.  No one said anything about fear.  How many times do I have to repeat, this is about ethics, not fear.  I'm not vocal.  I was asked a question and I answered.  Oh, and by the way you're welcome.

i have never known a true operator

Nor anyone else who has served I suspect.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #232 on: October 13, 2008, 03:07:19 AM »
Oh, and by the way you're welcome.
you are truely sometime else.  here is a news flash for you... i, nor anyone else, owes you a freaking thing.   now i know you are a poser, living off the coat tails of other great men. 
   learn how to quote properly, instead of the driveby attempt you just made.  blatant misrepresentaion, EXACTLY what i would expect from a liberal like you. 
   grandpa served in ww2 and was there at normandy.   dad served in nam and dont talk about it a whole lot, just told me what i needed to know and not much else.   myself, i served as an airborne infantryman in a s.o. unit and have plenty of my own experiences.   many of those experiences with imposters like you.  so i know them when i converse with them.  usually i let it slide,  but with an ego maniac like you; i just have to call you out.   
   you think people owe you, and you think you are the only one who has ever served.   get a life you miserable sellout.   you arent fooling anyone, no one is buying what you are selling, and EVERYONE  sees you for what you are.   you place yourself on a pedistal, cave to anti's wants, blast us for not following you, make all kinds of assumptions and accusations,  then you think i should thank you?    you are not a humble or truely religous man, you are seriously misguided and bitter.    and, even worse,  you are laughable.   

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #233 on: October 13, 2008, 03:17:00 AM »
Thanks for your grandpa's service!  Those who serve in any capacity have my total respect.   They are the reason that those who have not, can do whatever they wish without regard to ethics or morality.  They can even call you names, and slander your character.  That's why we serve!

I'm owed nothing.  Doing your duty is a privledge.  I got a pay check from Uncle Sam.  That was just icing on the cake.

You're welcome!  Enjoy your freedom!

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #234 on: October 13, 2008, 03:20:28 AM »
Myron, thanks for your service your dad's and grandfathers as well... My g-pa also served in WW2 as a grunt during the Battle of the Bulge.  I never knew a thing about his heroics until my grandma passed away a couple months ago and we stumbled across his war medals and various letters of merit he recieved due to his acts of heroism.  He never spoke a word of it to anyone...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #235 on: October 13, 2008, 03:36:42 AM »
Myron, thanks for your service your dad's and grandfathers as well... My g-pa also served in WW2 as a grunt during the Battle of the Bulge.  I never knew a thing about his heroics until my grandma passed away a couple months ago and we stumbled across his war medals and various letters of merit he recieved due to his acts of heroism.  He never spoke a word of it to anyone...
it aint about any of that.   it is about swampy running around here saying "your welcome" to everyone like we owe him something.  it is about him misquoting me, and making all kinds of dumb statements.  it is about swampy thinking he is the sole person who decides what is ethical, right, and wrong.   it is about a foolish person who has kidded himself into selling out our rights,  and then looking down on others who wont sell out our rights.   
   swampy, you are lost in the fog. and i doubt you will ever get out of it. 

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #236 on: October 13, 2008, 03:45:19 AM »
Eh... I know your the type that doesn't want to be thanked, but you deserve it anyway.  My reply was more in response to Swampman ignoring the fact that both you and your father served...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline powderman

« Reply #237 on: October 13, 2008, 03:52:12 AM »
HEH. I wonder if our ancestors or Indians knew they were stunt hunting??? POWDERMAN.  :D :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #238 on: October 13, 2008, 03:54:41 AM »
It's about doing the right thing.  That's all it's about.  If we abuse our rights and privledges, we lose them for ourselves and others.  With them comes responsiblity to do the right thing.

The problem is, most people only care about themselves.  They won't do the right thing.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #239 on: October 13, 2008, 03:57:22 AM »
So what is the right thing Swamp?