Author Topic: Replacing the trigger guard on a handi...  (Read 448 times)

Offline OSOK

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Replacing the trigger guard on a handi...
« on: September 30, 2008, 02:40:20 PM »
OK, how hard is this for someone who is pretty, well, "Handy"? I was given an old (relative term) SB1 .410. I have a good barrel with a heavy coat of rust outside, same with the action, no forend, a butt stock that was cut off with a chainsaw, and a trigger guard that looks like it was chewed off with a pair of side cutters. Everything else I can do in my sleep, but I have never messed with the inner workings of a handi. Could someone please give me a walk through on this?
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Replacing the trigger guard on a handi...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 02:53:43 PM »
Check out the H&R trigger job at the bottom of the page...It shows how to disassemble and reassemble... Its not the easiest thing in the world but its doable with a little patience....
http://www.perkloafm.com/downloads2.html

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 03:00:00 PM »
Perklo's trigger hone is very detailed, Raynor's trigger hone in the FAQs will be more to your liking if you're just removing and replacing the TG, you only need to knock out the two bottom pins, one big, one small.  I just did two trigger jobs this week, replaced the plastic with steel while I was at it, 20 minutes each and I was done, but I've done over 2 dozen, they're a piece of cake. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline OSOK

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 03:04:51 PM »
Thanks guys. I was hoping I wouldn't have to pull all the guts out. I know from past experience on other weapons that parts are easy to line up, it's the springs that will cause you to gray early!!!
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud