Author Topic: I just watched the VP debate. I think we did well!!!!!!!!  (Read 1997 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
I just watched the VP debate. I think we did well!!!!!!!!
« on: October 02, 2008, 04:42:02 PM »
I just watched the VP debate. I think we did well!!!!!!!! How do you think we did? For those who don't know I support the McCain Pallin ticket. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline hillbill

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I just watched the VP debate. I think we did well!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 04:50:37 PM »
i caught the last few min of it and she made him look like a major lifetime politco bunghole.she is one of us.the drive by media is even givin her a slight amount of credit,that tells me we won.good lord now they comparingn her to truman.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 05:06:41 PM »
she done good
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 05:15:53 PM »
For the first time, I am not voting.  For the record Biden is "one of us" and  Palin is "one of us".  The problem is I will no longer support the GOP because the party has become evil.  It is NOT a party for the working man.  I can't vote for O what's his name.  I will stay home and maybe go out a do some taget practice.

As for the debate.  I KNOW all republicans are going to love her and all Dems are going to love him.  Big shock!
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 05:20:03 PM »
Well while you are at the range shooting. I would like you to think about how much longer you will be able to do that. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 05:26:36 PM »
Voting for either will not make your guns any safer.  The country has the largest government it has every had and the biggest debt it has ever had.  This was all done by a republican.  You can try and blame anyone you want but W did it.  Both parties are for special interest and most on this board are NOT special interest...unless someone wins the lottery and can start getting a lobbiest on the payroll.

Good luck with the vote.  Hope your guy wins but sorry to say it will be the same old sh*t.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 05:59:11 PM »
"Voting for either will not make your guns any safer"  That is one of the dumbest comments I have ever read!
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 06:10:09 PM »
 friend you sound like you in chronic pain.. that ll turn a man sour..
 on vote day ,,i think you should go practice until you feel better,,
 no matter how long it takes or what ever..chronic pain is a monster..

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 06:34:07 PM »
We ask Sara Palin what her views on gun control were.  She said she is for less gun control.  Mikel Dukes ask her if a bill to repeal the gun control act of 64 came up, where would she stand.  Sara said she would back it.  At least we know where we stand with her, it's congress we have to worry about.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 11:01:58 PM »
Voting for either will not make your guns any safer.  The country has the largest government it has every had and the biggest debt it has ever had.  This was all done by a republican.  You can try and blame anyone you want but W did it.  Both parties are for special interest and most on this board are NOT special interest...unless someone wins the lottery and can start getting a lobbiest on the payroll.

Good luck with the vote.  Hope your guy wins but sorry to say it will be the same old sh*t.
  I agree.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 12:30:59 AM »
Voting for either will not make your guns any safer.

Voting for neither shows disrespect for those Americans who gave you the right.  You don't deserve freedom.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 01:13:06 AM »
Voting for either will not make your guns any safer.

Voting for neither shows disrespect for those Americans who gave you the right.  You don't deserve freedom.
what is the world coming to?  i agree with swampman!

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 01:21:24 AM »
as far as palin, i support her with all my heart.  this woman is about the only hope we as americans have.  this is a once in a lifetime chance to get one of us every-people in a position to truely represent us.  dont look at it just being the vice, look a bit further.  in four years, mccain could step down and palin could step forward and  be president; or it could happen another way sooner.   
   everyone here b!***es about the current state of affairs, and i have long figured out that in order to fix it, we the people need to start sending our peers to washington instead of career politicians and lawyers.   unless that happens, we are done for.    palin is it, this is our chance.  blow it and you will never get another.  be a sour puss if you want,  NOT ME! 

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 01:26:49 AM »
My friends who have met and spent time with President Bush say he's just a regular guy & someone you'd like to have for a friend or neighbor.  He's a gun owner/hunter as is VP Chenney but most everybody I speak to, hates them.  Go figure?
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 01:44:28 AM »
Being from Wyo I don't hate Chenney, quite the opposite. If the press hadn't got on his case we probably would have had some kind of coherent energy policy for the country now.

The more people see of Sarah the more they love her, she will be Pres someday soon.

The best thing that could happen for the country is term limits for congress.

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 02:24:08 AM »

I agree wit Bilmac, I think Palin is the best hope have.
 I am not happy with McCain but did one wise move when
 selected Sarah Palin. She will be in the White House in 4 or 8 yrs.
 I hope. Marv.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 02:26:26 AM »
I watched the debate as well as the responses from political observers.

First, neither of the candidates made the mistakes either party was afraid they would make.  Biden did not go on forever and Palin did not make herself look bad in any way at all.  Neither pundit (observer) had naything bad to say about Palin, no matter how hard they tried and this is the measure of success given by the 'other side' for Sarah.  

They all said ( both for and against) that she overcame the poor answers from her two previous interviews with Gibson and Couric, came out of the protective hole the GOP has hidden her in for the past 3-4 weeks and scored very well on her own.  Some have said she came on like the 'pit bull' she is known to be and I can agree.  She never let Biden go on to a successful answer or to effectively and conclusively leave his point uncontested, not once, without going back to it and politely chewing him to pieces on it.  She just did not relent and she came out of this debate looking very strong whereas he continued the image of a life-long career politician.

Some pundits had a problem with her 'folksy' ways - didn't really speak like a DC insider (proper and clipped) but used her 'kinda', 'shoulda', 'goin', 'doin', 'Hey Joe' etc., but simply did not have anything at all concrete to try and bash her on.

I think it was a win win for the GOP - she came on strong, showed her stuff, and kept him on the defensive.  She raised a concern for the dems showing that he (Biden) differed from obama in a number of ways that would change the course of gv'mt if something happened and he took over.  She on the other hand consistently stayed with the party line in that she feels the Am. public would elect John McCain as President and should something happen to him she wanted the Am public to know she would continue with his agenda and not change things for a different perspective.

She constantly supported McCain while able to show philospohical differences twixt Biden and obama.

I think she took the debate, period.  I think she took it with style and grace and took it on 'issues'.  I think  however, that if you run a scorecard and because of the Gibson/Couric traps she was led into she may have been a few points behind at the end of the debate but her overall gain in points is much better than his.  Look at it this way - she came out of the hole, held her own against a seasoned politician, kept him cornered and defensive in his responses, never once made it personal but effectively used her personal charm, 'folksiness' and genuine openness, and never once let go of an issue until She was finished with it.  

On a point by point basis they may now be equal but I firmly believe she gained much more ground, success and noteriety with her success in this debate and that this is really going to help the GOP.

For my personal observances to those who choose not to vote this year, for one reason or another:  there is simply no good reason not to vote.  You simply throw your vote to the other guy by not voting and then lose the right to complain about the other guy.  You disparage the efforts of all those who fought so hard to give you the right to vote and that bothers me greatly because it does not effectively separate you from the sheeple who believe what they have been told - their individual vote doesn't count, let the electoral college vote for you..........  

It seems that with some, if the candidates simply do not come from exactly where they do or exactly lived their kind of life, exactly believe the absolute same way they do or have the exact same views they do, then not a one of them is worth your vote.  You can always go waste a vote by voting for someone not on the ballot but ya oughta know dang well that if you have two major contendors the only thing the 3rd guy is going to do is spoil the vote for someone else.  

If you think this country is no better off with either party in office then I think you have a narrow and near-sighted view of what this country needs and how it should be led and I sure would not put you in charge of interpreting my Constitutional rights, appointing judges or making federal policy.

If you make the choice between voting or not voting you are wasting all our efforts to continue this country's progress and keep this country's freedoms alive.  If you make a choice to vote for one candidate/party or the other then you have at least made the right choice.  JMTCW.  Mikey.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 02:32:16 AM »
Oh yeah,one more thing.  Even her most ardent detractor, a nyc dem party pundit, said that it seems one major difference between the two in responding to questions is that Sarah easily managed to speculate (and elevate the notion) that 'plain old common sense', the kind you pick up being a 'hockey mom' seems to be what washington needs rather than career political experience.   Mikey.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 02:53:03 AM »
Well said Mike

A question meant to be a gotcha on Palin backfired on the liberal moderator. She asked about gay marriage, and Palin didn't have to struggle and squirm, she just told her view, we can be tolerant, but marriage is between a man and a woman.

When it was Biden's turn he was trapped because gays are a big special interest group for the Dems, but he knew that if he said he was for gay marriage it would end up costing them votes. What did he do? He said he was against gay marriage, and counted on the fact that everybody knows that the Dems lie whenever necessary so that they can be elected.

Dems do the same thing when they talk about gun control. Everybody knows they will ban guns just as soon as they can, but every election they try to convince America that they aren't against guns. The anti-gunners continue to give them money, because they know they are lying to get elected.

You can tell when a Democrat is lying, it is whenever his lips are moving.

Offline jhm

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 03:04:29 AM »
I quit watching it when Biden was about to have a Hillery moment!!  The Dems. will do anything to add credence to their BS.   Jim

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2008, 03:21:59 AM »
All I can say is that my wife was going to vote for Obama until she watched Palin giver her debate last night... I've told her about Palin and my wife said she sounded like another war monger and another Republican who would give us the same as we've had...  After watching the debate, my wife said that she thought Palin was a firecracker, who spoke directly to the average american... She's prolly going to vote that for McCain/Palin now...

Oh yeah... before I forget... did anyone else catch Palin call Joe ... Senator O'Biden???  I laughed hard at that...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 03:28:23 AM »
Sarah did real good. Probably did better than most of us, as when Biden was speaking, I'd probably butted in and called him an all our liar. The main thing to look at, at least in my humble opinion, is their track records. Biden voted for both the Brady bill, and the assualt weapons ban. McCain did neither. Palin went thru the hoops and jumps to own a class III firearm. I'm quite sure, that Osama, sorry, Obama, will do everything in his power to outlaw firearms. If not that, put enough tax's or regulations on them, that only the wealthy cna afford to own or shoot them. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline J-Train

• Avid Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 03:35:28 AM »
I laughed out loud, too, when she called him O'Biden.  I don't care much for John, but given the choice we have, I'll be voting for McPalin! ;D

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 03:57:55 AM »
I agree that a vote 3rd party is better than not voting at all... A lot of people have bled to death to give you the right to vote...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 04:16:24 AM »
I am a Sarah fan so I was pleased with her performance, although I think she could have done somewhat better.

I'm glad that the general reaction to her was very good.  Reading the Chicago Tribune this morning just proves to me that she will never get a fair shake from much of the "mainstream media".  

I marvel at her courage and stamina in the wake of the media trashing and mockery she has endured.  That alone proves something to me.  She's got guts and tenacity.

For those that posted that they won't vote at all - please hush up and go away.  
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 04:40:36 AM »
I agree that a vote 3rd party is better than not voting at all... A lot of people have bled to death to give you the right to vote...

A third party vote is an Obama vote.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 04:52:18 AM »
Aren't you always telling people how they are welcome for you fighting to protect their rights?  Yet when we are trying to get a person to exercise those rights, in any way shape or form, you chime in and attempt to belittle what we are trying to do. We are trying to honor your commitment and sacrifice to this nation.  By trying to talk people into voting when they would do nothing is honoring all of those who have sacrificed, bled and died for this great nation of ours... yet you chime in w/ you BS opinion about voting, and dishonor yourself and all other soldiers that have given the ultimate sacrifice so that we can talk freely, live freely and vote for whomever WE decide is the best candidate? 

Swampman... The only thing you have sacrificed for this nation is your brain...

Offline magooch

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 05:23:43 AM »
I watched the debate and I'm happy that Sarah did all right, but I found the whole thing to be long-winded, repetative and tedious.  I guess I'm just getting tired of this campaign-thing.

About people voting, or not--I've always said that I don't want people to vote just because they can.  I want them to vote, only when they actually get informed.  I think far too many vote, based on what they might accidently hear and see on the tube, or from headlines on some liberal rag.  Others might vote for whomever their union endorses.

This election, though, isn't that hard to decipher; we're either going to get a half-American, elitist, radical liberal, who will without doubt not be a friend of gun owners, or we will get a President who isn't even close to being as conservative as I would like, but much more benign and with a VP who truly offers something encouraging.
Swingem

Offline aaron billings

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 05:31:11 AM »
just because palin is a "good ol' gal"  doesn't mean she'll protect our rights.  the dems are no more likely to take away gun rights than the current admin.  in fact, the Busheys have a rule that allows them to take guns by force during national emergencies when we'll want 'em most.  check out what they did in new orleans.  we're being fed loads of crap and if you want to believe the repubs are on your side go ahead but don't complain when they screw us all.  ab

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 05:54:43 AM »
O"bidden took it easy on her
what a load of crap, the man in a debate, trying to get elected VP
so he takes it easy. what bus ran over you tm?
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.