Author Topic: Hypothetical Question  (Read 955 times)

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
Hypothetical Question
« on: October 03, 2008, 01:14:32 PM »
If it were impossible to not vote and you could only choose between McCain and Obama. Which one would you vote for and why?

Please no belittling of or arguing with anyone for their choice. Let's keep this one civil and informative.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: Hypothetical Question
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 01:18:34 PM »
McCain because I'm a Christian & a gun owner.  I'd like to be allowed to continue being both.  I mailed my ballot today.  I voted for McCain/Palin as did my wife.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 01:21:36 PM »
I wouldn't vote for McCain, he's a liberal.  On the other hand, Obama is a marxist.

I won't be voting for anyone, but rather, voting against the lesser of the two evils, which is McCain.

Honestly, I wish Palin were at the top of the ticket, then I could vote for someone.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline deltecs

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »
McCain/Palin
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 03:27:31 PM »
OBAMA   gave  me  NO choice     this  is  not  a hypothetical question  i  was considering voting Libertarian  until  i  looked closer at  OBAMA,,  he  gave me  no choice  but  to vote for  MCCAIN....then  PALIN sealed  it  for  me......i  just  got  my tickets  to  meet  her  today
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 03:35:22 PM »
Do you really think there are many Obama fans here?  If so, how many would seek up just to be banned or shot at?
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 03:54:34 PM »
I will vote Mc Cain Palin, with a hope that palin will be president shortly.

Yes we have a few Obama supporters here, Dakotaelkslayer posts that he is an Obama supporter and even posted some information here that Barrak Hussien Obama was a freind of the outdoorsman. I had to jump on that post as being the stupidest thing ever posted on Graybeardoutdoors.com.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 03:55:37 PM »
Do you really think there are many Obama fans here?  If so, how many would seek up just to be banned or shot at?
Yes there are some Obama fans here. If you have followed this forum for long you would know that. As far as I know none of them have been banned or shot. :o although that is not a bad idea!!!!!!! :o ;D Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 05:02:18 PM »
Palin/McCain
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 05:11:51 PM »
what Sourdough said. And I send them money every week too.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 04:36:43 AM »
Palin/McCain. Because I honestly don't think John McCain's health will hold out through four years of the mess that is coming.

Offline powderman

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 02:25:35 PM »
Those here bragging about voting 3rd party do so KNOWING they will help osama get elected. Not hard to figure it out. osama 1,000, Mccain Palin 990, Bob barr, or any other Johny come lately 20. Do the math, who wins??? POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Hooker

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 05:02:27 PM »
Wow 196 views 11 replies
Some of us must be undecided. ;)
For me the choice may sound like a pipe dream to some, but I call it planning ahead. McCain is not what I would call a good choice, but Obama one the other hand would be national suicide. McCain I believe will do us less harm than Obama.
Now my plan calls for a bit of luck, but I don't think it is out of reason. Palin needs a little OJT and I think she will make a fine candidate in 4 years. I don't think she is anybody's fool or puppet. She's smart , quick on her feet and a quick study she just needs a bit of experience.  I'm not looking at this election through any rose colored glasses, I know the next 4 years will be a mess no matter the out come,how big of a mess is up to us. When you find yourself losing in battle it would be far better to regroup and reposition than to go down fight when you can't win.
I had hopes of viable 3rd party candidate but that is not a reality this time.
I will cast my vote for McCain / Palin.
If you must vote 3rd party at least think of the consequences that Obama / Biden win, will do to our future chances of putting a 3rd party candidate in the white house. If you choose not to vote at all, well that is your prerogative after all you have the right to choose for now.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 05:05:04 PM »
I'm voting for Palin in 2010 :o

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 04:47:44 AM »
Just say NOBAMA
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 05:25:41 AM »

What is it you expect her to be running for in two years? I assume that means you are expecting Obama to win and her to be running for some other office at that time? I sure hope you're wrong on that prediction.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 08:53:49 AM »

What is it you expect her to be running for in two years? I assume that means you are expecting Obama to win and her to be running for some other office at that time? I sure hope you're wrong on that prediction.

LOL let me answer you question with a question. How old is McCain now?

Think president Harrison

Right now Vegas odds are pretty good that a vote for McCain now is also a vote for President Palin in a couple years. Myself, I'll take those odds.