Author Topic: Voted Today  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Voted Today
« on: October 03, 2008, 01:20:32 PM »
We mailed our ballots in today.  I voted for McCain/Palin as did my good wife.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Voted Today
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 01:33:48 PM »
Good for you. I have to check Monday and see when early voting starts here.

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 03:17:10 PM »
GOOD. Thats at least 2 votes that won't help osama. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 04:00:18 PM »
Yea but I can't convince my wife to vote for McCain. I am hoping she stays home and does not vote at all because if she does it will be for Obama. Then it would just cancel my vote out. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 04:31:54 PM »
Yea but I can't convince my wife to vote for McCain. I am hoping she stays home and does not vote at all because if she does it will be for Obama. Then it would just cancel my vote out. Dale

Buy her the book, Obamanation. Especially if she's white, it will help.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 04:34:04 PM »
I have tried to get her to read many things on him. She just refuses. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 03:04:24 PM »
DALE. Ask her if she thinks law abiding citizens should be disarmed, if she believes in queers and lezzies getting married, and if she believes that killing babies is birth control. If she says no, then remind her that these are things osama supports. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 03:55:34 PM »
DALE. Ask her if she thinks law abiding citizens should be disarmed, if she believes in queers and lezzies getting married, and if she believes that killing babies is birth control. If she says no, then remind her that these are things osama supports. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
According to her they will never take away our guns because it's in the Constitution. She is fine with gays and I am also. What they do is none of my business. I know she is not for killing babies though. Dale

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 04:43:10 PM »
According to her they will never take away our guns because it's in the Constitution. She is fine with gays and I am also. What they do is none of my business. I know she is not for killing babies though. Dale

Does she not know that many have no regard for the Constituition ?
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 04:59:38 PM »
She is like talking to a wall about this stuff. She knows it all. Just ask her. Dale

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 02:14:51 AM »
According to her they will never take away our guns because it's in the Constitution.

I'm amazed that people actually believe this.  A lot of people do.  It's laughable at best.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 03:37:01 AM »
Stop and vote by your self before you go home in the evening.
As soon as you get home start cooking her dinner.
She will forget to vote altogather.

I know it's dirty but it works for me.
Of course I won't have to. Palin has my wife won over!

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 03:37:22 AM »
I can't say I would be mad @ my wife if she voted Obama.  I'm sure your wife wants to vote for him b/c he is charismatic, and symbolizes "change" from the very bad administration we are in now...

Just be happy she is voting... Hell, women fought and fought for the right to vote, I get pissed when they don't.
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 03:57:38 AM »
I can't say I would be mad @ my wife if she voted Obama.  I'm sure your wife wants to vote for him b/c he is charismatic, and symbolizes "change" from the very bad administration we are in now...

Just be happy she is voting... Hell, women fought and fought for the right to vote, I get pissed when they don't.
We have been in some very heated arguments over this the last couple weeks. Dale

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 04:18:39 AM »
Well that is your problem... your arguing w/ her.  ;D 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 11:49:19 AM »
Well that is your problem... your arguing w/ her.  ;D 
Is this some type of smart alick jab at me? >:( Dale

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 11:58:36 AM »
Ha ha ha... wasn't meant to be, but re-reading it I guess it could come off that way ;)

Sorry...

What I unsuccessfully was trying to say was that she's a woman... she's right your wrong... so why argue w/ her??? 

"I am hoping she stays home and does not vote at all because if she does it will be for Obama. Then it would just cancel my vote out. Dale"

Why do you think she should not vote?  Because your opinion matters more than hers??? 

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 12:00:59 PM »
Nope I think it's just good sound advice. Stop arguing with someone you know you are never gonna change to your point of view. It's kinda like arguing with a telephone poll and about as effective. Watch the hot temper.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 12:03:18 PM »
Thanks for clearing it up. Dale

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 12:28:03 PM »
Most people you give osama facts to don't care or are too lazy to do the research.

Dale, your wife sounds intelligent and level headed and reasonable. Since the abortion issue seems like an inroad for you, show her osama's voting record and current platform on abortion at any point of pregnancy, no funding for the baby on botched abortions where the baby will live, federal funding for abortion to anyone at any age, no parental consent for girls of any age, and federal money pumped into "sex ed" without abstinence as an option.
It's enough to literally make a person sick. Present these things to her as you both look across the dinner table at your daughter and it will hit home.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 12:30:17 PM »
 SS Sam;
     Sure..Women fought for years for the vote...so why isn't she voting for THE WOMAN ?

Dale;
    Form Obama's own book..AUDACITY OF HOPE..:
       "I will stand with the Muslims, should the political winds shift in an ugly direction !"

For both your wives...Have you noticed how Muslims treat women ? How do you look in a birka ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 12:37:50 PM »
Dale don't fight with your wife over her decision keep the peace in your house do it for your daughter.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 12:40:31 PM »
I really don't think I can say anything to change her mind. ::) The funny thing is I predict her car will not run on voting day and the strange thing is it will start just fine the following day.  :o ;D Dale

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 12:43:16 PM »
I really don't think I can say anything to change her mind. ::) The funny thing is I predict her car will not run on voting day and the strange thing is it will start just fine the following day.  :o ;D Dale
Don't do that you'll be in the dog house for sure.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 12:51:41 PM »
You are sure right about that. Dale

Offline wgr

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 03:10:57 PM »
ms  I'm just curious are you a gun owner and hunter?
never to much gun

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2008, 03:12:08 PM »
We all end up in the doghouse for something or other. The car idea just may  be the first time it's worth it  :D
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2008, 04:59:11 PM »
ms  I'm just curious are you a gun owner and hunter?
YEP.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2008, 08:53:27 PM »
As a remote lifestlye prevents us from voting in person, we request absentee ballots every year.   I go to town, picked up my mail, and the ballots had arrived.  So today we voted and mailed them.  I voted for pro firearms and Palin/McCain.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 04:19:25 AM »
Not every woman feels that they should vote for Palin just because she is a woman... My wife was against voting for her because she didn't like Palin at first.  She watched the VP debate and then decided that she liked her and that she was qualified to be VP.  I didn't have to do anything but turn on the TV.  I don't argue w/ my wife over anything that she feels is valid.  If she decided to vote for Obama, I would respect her decision, even though I didn't agree w/ it.  A when a woman feels she is being respected w/ her decision, she is more likely to listen to your opinions and back your decisions...