Author Topic: why would any one support any democrat?  (Read 7767 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: why would any one support any democrat?
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2008, 09:13:06 AM »
For those that think a third party can never win an election.........look back to 1992.  Ross Perot won 19% of the popular vote even after dropping out of the race, had he stayed, he stood a very good change of winning the whitehouse.  He could have earned my vote as well as many others had he stayed in the race.  (This was another case of the lessor of two evils, Bill Clinton and GWH Bush.)

As for voting for an independent in this race, in my opinion it is a wasted vote, and may lead to the election of one we really don't want.  I don't care how you vote, but strongly recommend you vote for the one you thin will best serve this country.

P.S.  And when you drop down on your knees pray for this country.....we need all the help we can get!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2008, 09:30:23 AM »
    Who says Palin can't do anything as veep ?  ...She's already being effective as veep candidate ! It's relatively late in the game, but I believe Sarah has convinced McCain what is really bugging the folks out here in "real people" land.
   I picked up a clue in an interview she gave, and believe they.... McCain/Palin, will be taking the fight to the Dems chosen machine picks.
  I think they will put forth the idea of getting to the bottom of the Freddie/Fannie mess and find out WHO was responsible ..on Wall st as well as in  Congress...name names and pursue justice for them. Just a guess, but I think you will see it coming around.
    If such transpires, better vote for McCain/Palin..because you would be getting a pro-active Sarah..God bless her...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Ruskin

• Contributor
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2008, 09:51:50 AM »
If voting for a 3rd party candidate is the brave thing and sends a message, I wonder who will heed the message? At this time, there is only two parties in this country.  The others are probably considered noise or static which no one pays attenetion to.

After the game is over, the votes for the 3rd party will be forgotten.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2008, 09:56:59 AM »
There's nothing brave about it.  It's a mindless act of selfishness.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2008, 10:08:16 AM »
So if a democrat vote third party then that's a vote for McCain right.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2008, 10:43:16 AM »

Yup.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2008, 11:06:44 AM »
Quote DEE

"Mike there WILL BE a Libertarian and Constitutional candidate on the ballot. I will vote either. Bob Barr is on the Libertarian ticket, and I can't remember his name, but the Constitutional candidate I believe is a Baptist minister. BOTH! Stand for the Constitution and Bill of Rights. "

Boy aint you the super informed fellow. And you preach to us.  GEEZ! I'd think a guy who was pushing these super candidates would at least know the guys name! Maybe you ought to send this feller a lil of your money so at least he can get some adds out on TV or radio.

I'm gonna vote Mc Cain in hopes he dies or is otherwise indisposed so he cannot serve.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2008, 11:58:43 AM »
thanks  Greybeard  for  interpreting ..  in  a  nicer way.. what  i  have  been  trying  to  say

we  owe  a  debt  of  gratitude  to  the  GREEN  party and RALPH NADER
he  took  many  votes  from  OWL GORE   enough  for little  George to  win  bey  135 votes here  in  Florida

if  the  liberals  learned  from  that  3rd party  mistake  and  we  don't
practice  saying  PRESEDENT OBAMAM....THE  MUSLIM
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2008, 01:28:14 PM »

What GB said...ditto
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2008, 08:59:02 PM »
Would someone please show me a stanch Democrat who voted third party.  I've never met one who fessed to doing that.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline powderman

« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2008, 11:16:47 PM »
Would someone please show me a stanch Democrat who voted third party.  I've never met one who fessed to doing that.

There aren't any, dems vote for dems, name doesn't matter. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2008, 01:51:52 AM »
So its selfish to vote third party ? gee wizz next you will be calling peoples momma names ! Anyone who believes that BS is anti AMERICAN !
Can't wait to hear what ya think of a write in vote ?

If it was not so important ( VOTE FOR PRES ) this would be funny . A bunch of adults who call the system a failure and the canidates un worthy demanding we need to vote for the less of two evils . Then blame the system on every other voter , some hope harm will come to  one canidate so the vp can take over etc. etc. YES I KNOW I AM PART OF THE CONVERSATION . But i took time to look at what was being said and it is gutless on our part if we cave in to business as it has been  . we will get what we deserve that's for sure !
At least when you vote third party you can say I VOTE AGINST THAT ! with honesty in your voice !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2008, 02:12:56 AM »
voting  third  party..no matter  what  you  can   say     i did not vote for  that......where  is  the  guts  there....sounds  like  a cowards couse...some  people  are  never  nappy...i  can  assure  you  the  3rd party man  you  vote  for  won't  be  blamed for  anything..........he  will  be  forgotten

if  we  get  HUSSEIN OBAMA  i  will  know  i  did  ALL  i  could
if  we  get  MCCAIN  and  he  signs  a  gun  law  or  what  ever  i  don't  like  i  will  call  and  write  letters
and  i  will  be  more  active  in  my LIBERTARIAN  party
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2008, 04:07:44 AM »
If your making an attempt to educate people on anything, take GB's example and  USE THE FREAKING SPELL CHECK!  Use punctuation! At least try to appear like you do know what your talking about.  While I may not agree w/ Greybeard all the time, at least he makes the effort to post a clean, well thought out post.  Some of these I see on here I laugh at because a third grader has better grammar...

P.S, Took me 3 seconds to run the spell check...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2008, 04:16:58 AM »
Voting with the crowd is coward ! if you believe different . IMHO !

Depends on the school as to 3rd. graders grammar !

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2008, 04:21:43 AM »
For whatever this is worth:
    I don't think republicans have a chance of actually winning in this election.  There is just too much anti-republican feelings out there.  
    I think history will remember these last 8 years as a time of extreme turmoil and will judge that "W" did what he could.  For now though the majority of people I have talked with are content to blame everything on the president and that really hurts the republican party.
    I actually wish the race was between the two VP candidates than Obama & McCain.  In any event, I don't think we're going to have the same selection at the gun store a year or two from now that we have today.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2008, 04:26:15 AM »
voting  with  the  crowd  is  what  democacy  IS

i  am  fairly  illiterate  and  cant spell good  either

but  mY  IQ  has  been  tested and  i  am above the  top 2%  of  the  would  according   to  MENSA

so  don't  git  hung  up  in  the  little  stuff

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2008, 04:30:58 AM »
    I don't think republicans have a chance of actually winning in this election.  There is just too much anti-republican feelings out there.  
    I think history will remember these last 8 years as a time of extreme turmoil and will judge that "W" did what he could.  For now though the majority of people I have talked with are content to blame everything on the president and that really hurts the republican party.
    I actually wish the race was between the two VP candidates than Obama & McCain.  In any event, I don't think we're going to have the same selection at the gun store a year or two from now that we have today.

It saddens me to agree!
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2008, 04:36:54 AM »
its sad to see so many give up !
its also sad that someone would look more at the way someone spells than what he has to offer  !
But then some can't respond with out finding fault with the mechnics if the content is is solid !

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2008, 04:41:33 AM »
oK 45/70, i WilL noT geT hUGN uP on SMALL thINGs lIKe GraMemEr and PunkTyATion WheN SuMbOTy iS Try     INg to    EdUCatE mE oN Da    PoLITiKAl EleCtiON Or tElLinG Me DAt I  am da IDioT FoR VoTinNG 3Rd ParTY.

AnYOne CAn CLaIm Dey HaVE Dee Hi EyE -Q... I CaN ClaIm  Dat I AM En De 1% AcCORdinG to MENsA AlL DAyEE LoNG...

I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2008, 04:49:30 AM »
aR row gant !

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2008, 04:50:37 AM »

It saddens me to agree!

It saddens me to think this way and I hope I'm proven wrong.  I will still vote what my heart tells me to vote. 

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2008, 05:00:38 AM »
my  heart  tells  me  to  stop  a democrat   at  all  cost

defeating  the  biggest  tread  first  is  all  that  matters

we  can   fight liberal  Republicans  later

winning  isn't  every  thing  it  is the  only  thing

2nd  place  will  be  taken  by  PALIN  or  BIDEDEN   bidden  is  a  democrat

if  your  don't  influence the  out  come....WHO  WILL?

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2008, 05:10:52 AM »
"if  your  don't  influence the  out  come....WHO  WILL?"

Not you if you keep typing like that...  People like me have a very, very hard time taking this kind of thing seriously... I listen to a lot of extemely smart people who have speech impediments, and I can take them very seriously, once they finally get what they are trying to say out, but geez, its a keyboard...

You claim to be in the top 2% of the "WOULD" according to MENSA...

Top 2% of WHAT???  Hot dog eaters?  Top 2% of Cake Bakers? Piano Tuners?

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2008, 05:15:27 AM »
world   sorry

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2008, 05:20:17 AM »
voting  with  the  crowd  is  what  democacy  IS

i  am  fairly  illiterate  and  cant spell good  either

but  mY  IQ  has  been  tested and  i  am above the  top 2%  of  the  would  according   to  MENSA

so  don't  git  hung  up  in  the  little  stuff

I've got a friend named Jamal.  He mostly hangs out in the Hunting and Shooting General Discussion area.  You guys would get along famously.  You have a lot in common.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2008, 05:45:42 AM »
I've got to give credit to 45-70 for trying... He does more for McCain than a lot of McCains own staff ;)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2008, 05:52:34 AM »
What we need is a NONE OF THE ABOVE option. If that one gets the majority we have to do it over again and NONE of the ones in the last go around are eligible to run again. Now that's a THIRD PARTY choice I could vote for.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2008, 05:53:24 AM »
Lol... I've got to go w/ GB here... Excellant decision!

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2008, 06:26:31 AM »
What we need is a NONE OF THE ABOVE option. If that one gets the majority we have to do it over again and NONE of the ones in the last go around are eligible to run again. Now that's a THIRD PARTY choice I could vote for.

+1  I like that a lot!