Author Topic: McCain's health plan  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
McCain's health plan
« on: October 09, 2008, 11:34:27 AM »
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline wareagleguy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: McCain's health plan
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 11:46:59 AM »
He WILL tax your benefits to pay for some this.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 12:45:46 PM »
For just this reason alone he will lose.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 12:49:02 PM »
He WILL tax your benefits to pay for some this.Just when was the last time you had a free lunch? every thing has to be paid for.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 01:26:28 PM »
Free ride?  I have insurance which I pay.  The company pays some of it but now McCain wants to tax the part my company pays???

How can a republican be for that???

PLEASE, IN GODS NAME TELL ME HOW ANOTHER TAX IS A REPUBLICAN DOCTERINE!  Only the folks with no benefits would be for that!
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 01:55:59 PM »
Free ride?  I have insurance which I pay.  The company pays some of it but now McCain wants to tax the part my company pays???

How can a republican be for that???

PLEASE, IN GODS NAME TELL ME HOW ANOTHER TAX IS A REPUBLICAN DOCTERINE!  Only the folks with no benefits would be for that!
exactly I pay for my insurance too.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 02:51:44 PM »
McCain's a liberal, Obama's a Marxist.  Hold your nose and vote against one or the other.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 04:14:49 PM »
I'm voting for Mc Cain in hopes that Sarah is president real soon.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 04:17:32 AM »
Geez guys have ANY of you bothered to read McCain's plan and try to understand it? I have.

It's pretty simple really and unless you are in a really high tax bracket and get a HUGE amount of payment from your employer then you'll be better off under his plan.

What he wants to do is to give a $2500 tax credit for individuals and $5000 tax credit for couples to EVERYONE. Then for those who have employer paid plans or partially employer paid plans the employer contribution is counted as regular income for tax purposes. Unless you are in a seriously high tax bracket and have many thousands of employer paid contributions to your health plan the tax credit should more than off set the added tax burden.

IF like a huge number of folks you do not have an employer paid health care plan then this really puts a big chunk of cash back in your pocket to help you get health insurance.

I can't see it taking money from anyone unless they are in a tax bracket to pay at least 50% of their income in taxes and/or unless their employer is footing the bill to the extent of $10,000 or more per year. How many of you fit those categories?

Under Obama's plan any and ALL small businesses MUST provide health coverage for ALL employees are face fines. All parents must provide health coverage for all their children or face fines. How good the coverage must be and how large the fines are naturally will be determined by the dumocraps. Is that really what you want?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 07:05:24 AM »
  McCain wants to tax our insurance ? The only people I have been hearing say that, is B. Hussein Obama and his gang . Go ahead and believe it ..if you think you can believe him. Overall any tax Mccain would ever dream of laying upon us is only a shadow of what BHO would do....what with Pelosi and Reid to just waiting to lick his buns....
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 12:30:34 PM »
All politicans are corrupt

Troy
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 01:34:34 PM »
my point is that everything the government does is paid for by YOU the taxpayer they take your money and use it to pay for the things you get, only keeping about a 50% service and handling charge.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 08:37:21 AM »
my point is that everything the government does is paid for by YOU the taxpayer they take your money and use it to pay for the things you get, only keeping about a 50% service and handling charge.
Actually I think the taxes they harvest from us just covers the debt service on the national debt. Any programs  they spend money on "for us" is borrowed.  Now the trillions they spend on foreign aid and so forth...I don't know where they get that.

..TM7

I thought they just printed it when they needed it and made us responsible for paying it back.
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 04:01:02 PM »
  I understand that legally, they can't just print any amount of money they want..but then..in the last couple decades  little "legalities" haven't seemed to hinder the DC crowd very much. :D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 04:18:26 AM »
Graybeard, you are right arm.  Most people would be $$$$$ ahead under McGore's plan, but it was foolish to give details about any plan that specified taxing hitherto untaxed benefits.  Naturally, the dems would jump on that and use it to beat McGore over the head with it.  He should have known better.  I'm betting this one thing has lost him a hellova lot of votes.

Obviously, any health care plan that emerges, is going to be strained through the Congress; it won't even be recognizable with how it began.  The number one provision of any plan should be that members of Congress have to live with the same exact plan.

It seems to me though, that the government had better fix the systems that are already in effect (like Medicare and SS), before they mess with anything else. 
Swingem

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 04:45:08 AM »
  The only people that believe taxes will somehow be higher with McCain than with Obama , are the ones who are drinking the Obama koolaid !

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 07:20:19 AM »
  I understand that legally, they can't just print any amount of money they want..but then..in the last couple decades  little "legalities" haven't seemed to hinder the DC crowd very much. :D

The gold standard is no more, our money isn't backed by anything. :'(

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 03:36:52 PM »

The gold standard is no more, our money isn't backed by anything. :'(

Heather

And the more they print the less it's worth.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC