Author Topic: Knight LK-93  (Read 2225 times)

Offline armycar01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Knight LK-93
« on: October 09, 2008, 04:56:21 PM »
Hey everybody,

Tonight I bought a Knight LK-93 from a guy for a pretty good deal.  Thing is, I am brand new to muzzle loading and I have a few questions.  How can I tell what primers it uses, 209's or #11's?  Is the LK-93 the same as a Wolverine?  Is there anything I should know about it, any tips on cleaning or anything?  How do I remove the breech plug? I'm in the dark, never messed with a muzzle loader before, I know some of the basics but not much, and I'm wanting to get into it.  It's too much time waisted that I could be out hunting while waiting on rifle season to get here.

Thank you all for any help,
David

Offline p15camborne

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Knight LK-93
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 11:24:48 AM »
It is the Wolverine.  I bought one new over ten years ago.  Shoots great!  Mine uses #11 caps.  So I'll assume yours hasn't been converted to 209 primers and uses #11 caps. There's a small nipple the cap slips over.  You'll see it, if you pull the hammer back.  Mine came with tools to disassemble the gun.  You'll need a combo tool and an allen wrench to remove the trigger assembly, #11 nipple, and breech plug.  I clean mine after complete disassembly with hot water and dish soap.  Rinse with hot water.  Clean it after every use.  It will group better while sighting in, if you run a damp patch down the barrel between every shot.

Combo tool:   http://www.knightrifles.com/catalog.aspx?catid=combotools

How to clean a muzzleloader: http://www.castbullet.com/misc/clean.htm

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
Re: Knight LK-93
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 01:31:48 AM »
 Just be sure to clean it after use. I clean mine later the same day. The soapy water or commercial cleaners are fine, after that I add a light coat of oil. Just wipe it dry before the next use.
NRA, Veteran