Author Topic: Springfield EMP...WOW!!!!  (Read 854 times)

Offline XD9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
Springfield EMP...WOW!!!!
« on: October 09, 2008, 05:14:26 PM »
I got my EMP in today that I ordered from GunBroker.  I picked up a friend's EMP at the range a few months ago and haven't stopped talking about getting one since.  I hadn't actually shot it until I received it today though.  WOW!!!  I can't believe how much a match grade barrel / trigger make a difference in the 3" barrel.  I LOVE my XD subcompact 9mm and have always thought it's a very accurate gun for its size.  With the EMP at seven yards, I made ONE hole with five rounds and the other four rounds were extremely close...all right near the 10 ring.  After getting used to the gun with a few more magazines, I'm sure I can improve even on that.  I was amazed and am VERY happy with my purchase.  Anyone else own an EMP?

Also, I sold my XD subcompact in the same evening.  I threw it on a local classifieds free site and sold it two days later (today) for what I paid for it two years and 1,500 rounds ago.  Not bad I guess but I'm going to miss it.  The money from that is going straight toward an XDM 9mm 4" model as soon as they are available in the next couple of months.  Hopefully, I'll get on a waiting list tomorrow for one.

Anyway, it's been a good day. :)
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said

Offline XD9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
Re: Springfield EMP...WOW!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 10:24:39 AM »
Anyone else own one of these?  I'm looking for a good IWB holster for it.  I bought a Galco slide holster and really like it but I need a good IWB as well.
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said

Offline RonF

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Re: Springfield EMP...WOW!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 10:33:02 AM »
I'm going to recommend the SuperTuck by Crossbreed Holsters.  I don't have an EMP, but I bought a SuperTuck for my Walther PPS and it is extremely comfortable and will literally conceal under a loose Tee shirt.  I put it on when I dress in the morning and take it off when I undress at night.  It's the most comfortable thing I have ever worn.  Read about it at:

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

RonF