Author Topic: Alaska Inquiry Concludes Palin Abused Powers  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Alaska Inquiry Concludes Palin Abused Powers
« on: October 10, 2008, 04:13:12 PM »
We're screwed.  :-[  This could push Obama over the top.  You think Bush was bad you ain't seen nothing yet. :'( 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline wareagleguy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Alaska Inquiry Concludes Palin Abused Powers
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 04:20:06 PM »
You got that right!
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 05:17:21 PM »
This report was started and pushed by Democrats in the Alaska legislature.  We all knew what the outcome was going to be before it was started.  If you read the actual report it contradicts itself.  It starts off by saying she did nothing illegal, then it says she abused her powers which is illegal.  It says she fired Monagan over a monetary dispute, but her feelings about the Trooper being retained could have been a factor. 

Sounds kind of dubious to me.  But like I said if the people of the US are too stupid to see through this, send her back we got a lot for her to do up here.  We got gas lines and refineries that need to be built, and oil wells that need to be drilled.  Someone has to push the oil companies.

Also if Obama wins and the economy goes flat, we are geographically seperated up here, we are kind of like our own little country up here.  And we do a lot of business with Korea, Japan, Russia, and South Americia.  We sell them raw materials and get manufactured goods in return.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 01:38:42 AM »
If McCain lose it won't be because of this. It will be because people are hurting from war high gas good jobs going over seas.

Offline doc_kreipke

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 02:44:06 AM »
Obama  is already over the top, IMHO. Too many “Americans” have become enamored with the idea of living the good life off the fruits of somebody else’s hard work. Accordingly, the Euro-weenie welfare state to which Obama wants to take us appeals to them.

The McCain campaign has made too many philosophical concessions to the liberal mindset, I think. And Obama does liberal better than McCain; so, that’s that.

Youze Alaska guys are gonna be fortunate to have ‘er back for the next four years (I’m green with envy). When she’s finished with being governor, please send her back to us at a national level. I’d like to see her as President some day, but the House or Senate would do. A politician who would look straight into the TV camera and tell Americans that they need to assume more personal responsibility should be in Washington.
-K

Offline magooch

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 03:37:09 AM »
Hey Sourdough, Sarah should challenge those stupid Dumbycrats to stand a recall election along with her.  The losers must pledge not to ever run again for office.

And TM7, other than trumped up phony charges, just what is it that Bush/Cheney has done except keep us from further 9/11s; provided us with much lower taxes; had a very low unemployment rate--until lately, but it's still low compared to other times.  Oh wait, I remember, Bush/Cheney have presided over the killing of thousands of terrorists and they've failed to rid our country of illegals.  No worries, Osama will rectify that and more.
Swingem

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 08:20:23 AM »
Hey Sourdough, Sarah should challenge those stupid Dumbycrats to stand a recall election along with her.  The losers must pledge not to ever run again for office.

And TM7, other than trumped up phony charges, just what is it that Bush/Cheney has done except keep us from further 9/11s; provided us with much lower taxes; had a very low unemployment rate--until lately, but it's still low compared to other times.  Oh wait, I remember, Bush/Cheney have presided over the killing of thousands of terrorists and they've failed to rid our country of illegals.  No worries, Osama will rectify that and more.

Right.!..10-4....... ::) ::) ::)

...TM7

ROFL!!  People really are brainwashed!  I am amazed more and more everyday!

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 09:38:28 AM »
Well let's take a look at what Obama wants to do.

1. Lower taxes for the poor.                                They don't pay taxes anyway.

2. Lower taxes for small business.                         Small businesses pay very little taxes.  They only hire a few employees, don't usually offer health care, if they do it is the very minimal plans, have large employee turnovers, pay lower wages, and in most cases they support, big businesses (meaning big business is their customers).

3. Increase Taxes on big businesses.                     This causes big businesses to move corporate headquarters overseas, remember Carter did that.  Less taxes means less government services, and higher taxes for everyone paying taxes.  Big Business will also cut back on production, which means good high paying jobs will be lost.  This also means cut backs from supporting contractors (small businesses).  And they will raise prices for their products (Inflation).

4. Increase Taxes on the rich.                              The top 40% (actually I think this number should be 10% but I can't remember so I'll leave it at 40) of Americans pay 90% of the taxes.  Increase their taxes and they will stop spending money.  Who do you think starts most businesses, and hires the poor and lower middle class?  The rich do, If the rich cut back on spending who loses their jobs?  The poor, and lower middle class.

So who is Obama going to help?

When Big Business flourishes, America flourishes.            Stymie Big Business and you stymie America.

It's called basic economics.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Casull

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 11:36:17 AM »
Well let's take a look at what Obama wants to do.

1. Lower taxes for the poor.                                They don't pay taxes anyway.

2. Lower taxes for small business.                         Small businesses pay very little taxes.  They only hire a few employees, don't usually offer health care, if they do it is the very minimal plans, have large employee turnovers, pay lower wages, and in most cases they support, big businesses (meaning big business is their customers).

3. Increase Taxes on big businesses.                     This causes big businesses to move corporate headquarters overseas, remember Carter did that.  Less taxes means less government services, and higher taxes for everyone paying taxes.  Big Business will also cut back on production, which means good high paying jobs will be lost.  This also means cut backs from supporting contractors (small businesses).  And they will raise prices for their products (Inflation).

4. Increase Taxes on the rich.                              The top 40% (actually I think this number should be 10% but I can't remember so I'll leave it at 40) of Americans pay 90% of the taxes.  Increase their taxes and they will stop spending money.  Who do you think starts most businesses, and hires the poor and lower middle class?  The rich do, If the rich cut back on spending who loses their jobs?  The poor, and lower middle class.

So who is Obama going to help?

When Big Business flourishes, America flourishes.            Stymie Big Business and you stymie America.

It's called basic economics.

Sourdough, that was well stated and very easy to follow.  I wonder why lib's can't understand it? 
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 12:50:44 PM »
they do understand it.  they arent interested in what is best for america, they are after power.

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 02:43:07 PM »
Either they are after power on the backs of the poor.  Or they are so illiterate (My parents, brothers, and all my relatives back in the south) they can't understand what is going on.  (Lionhunter, it's a good thing you moved as well).  They believe what the power seekers say and take it as gospel.  You know them Yellow Dog Democrats, they show up in the darnedest places.  Like here.

You know a lot of conservatives say that college ruins some people and turns them into liberals.  Well I have to say they tried, but it did the opposite for me.  I took courses in Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Management, and Business.  Then the Military taught me to be a leader, and how to think for myself.  I sat down and took a good common sense look at what was going on and suddenly realized I was a Republican.  Even thou I had been raised as a Yellow Dog Democrat, I realized they were out in left field, somewhere lost.  Their policies were just not good economics, not good for the economy or the country.  My hero Ronald Reagan, went through the same transformation, right about the same time I did.

Jimmy Carter tried a lot of the things Obama wants to do.  They did not work then, and they won't work now.  Plus Carter got a lot of good soldiers killed for no reason.  Then let a weak third world country stomp all over us.  Obama will do the same thing, or he will get us into a big war needlessly. 
What Is A Veteran?

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 03:00:43 PM »
Of course we have to remember that whatever Obama promises is nul and void the day after he is elected, just like the promised Clinton tax cuts.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 05:54:02 PM »
Never Mind Palin, What About Obama & ACORN?
Posted on Saturday, 11 of October , 2008 at 10:50 pm

COMMENTARY

The pundits are in overdrive with the release of a report by an investigator for the Alaska State Legislature that says Alaska Governor Sarah Palin abused her power because she allowed her husband to press for the firing of state trooper Michael Wooten who was involved in a divorce and custody battle with his sister.

But, what about Barack Obama and ACORN?

The bottom line of the 263-page report was that Palin’s “firing of (Public Safety) Commissioner Walt Monegan was a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads”.

The situation involving Palin appears to be little more than a bunch of sour grapes and partisan effort to smear the GOP vice presidential candidate in the weeks before the Nov. 4 election.

Voters should be more concerned with developing cancer of voter fraud that has been uncovered in the Democratic ranks and just what role that Barack Obama has in it.

There are already investigations underway in nine states regarding the allegations of fraud in the new-voter registrations collected by ACORN, Obama’s preferred bunch of “community organizers”—-the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now.  This is how Obama is going to “change” and reform Washington, by buying the election with stuffed ballot boxes?

It’s been reported that in Nevada, state investigators raided ACORN’s Las Vegas headquarters, seizing documents and computer data.  The group says it has conducted the most successful voter registration drive in history, signing up 1.3 million voters in 21 states, enough to sway an election.

The people who are supposed to be uncovering voter fraud are instead allegedly perpetuating it.  Case in point—-in Ohio, a federal judge has ruled that Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, a Democrat, is violating the law by refusing to allow county election boards to verify the identities of ACORN’s newly registered voters.

The New York Post has reported that one 19-year-old in Cuyahoga County admitted that under the auspices of ACORN,  he’d registered to vote 72 times and was paid to do so with cash and cigarettes, a felony.

How come Obama isn’t commenting publicly about this attempt by ACORN to stuff the ballot boxes.  Let’s not forget that the ACORN’s political action committee has endorsed Obama.  ACORN has reportedly filed over three million new voter registrations since 2004—-and that could certainly tilt an election.

If you’re worried that Palin complied with her statutory and constitutional authority and acted legally, consider this:

Obama’s presidential campaign paid an ACORN affiliate $832,000 for voting activities  during the primaries.

That Obama is the former Illinois coordinator for ACORN’s voter-registration group, Project Vote and as a practicing attorney, he represented ACORN in a voter registration lawsuit against the State of Illinois.

Let’s not forget that Michelle Obama’s former law firm represents ACORN in an embezzlement case involving the brother of ACORN’s founder.

And you’re bothered because Sarah Palin fired Walter Monegan over a budgetary dispute????  And that Todd Palin was standing up for his sister?

So, the best this Alaskan investigator can come up is that Palin didn’t or couldn’t rein in her husband?  The author of the report, Stephen Branchflower concludes that Monegan’s refusal to fire Palin’s brother-in-law, state trooper Mike Wooten from the state police force was “likely a contributing factor” to Monegan’s dismissal, but that Palin has the authority to do so.

Actually, as the attorneys for Todd Palin have pointed out, this report actually is rather meaningless as it holds no weight.  It’s like a police officer filing an information against you, claiming that you’re guilty of harassment or some such thing.  It means absolutely nothing until a court hears ALL the evidence and rules on it.  Appears that the investigator denied the “defense” access to testimony and that there are some constitutional, due process problems with Branchwater’s “investigation”.

The State Personnel Board will also conduct an investigation of the matter and that board has the authority to take action against Palin if they deem it warranted so don’t get your panties in a bunch until that public body finishes its inquiry.

The release of the report appears to be as the McCain-Palin campaign have charged, politically motivated and purposefully timed.  As a spokeswoman for McCain’s campaign stated, “the report also illustrates what we’ve known all along: This was a partisan-led inquiry run by ‘supporters of Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama”.

Palin has consistently maintained that she didn’t abuse her power and that she fired Monegan in July over budgetary issues.  McCain’s campaign has accused Monegan of “multiple acts of insubordination”.

The Governor and her family had accused Wooten of using a Taser on his 10-year-old stepson, illegally shooting a moose, drinking on the job and other misconduct.

“If you read the report, you will see that there was nothing unlawful or unethical about replacing a cabinet member,” Palin said after the report was released. “You got to read the report.” http://download1.legis.state.ak.us/DOWNLOAD.pdf

In a written statement filed with Branchflower lsat week, Todd Palin denied pressuring Monegan to fire Wooten.  “I had hundreds of conversations and communications about Trooper Wooten over the last several years with my family, with friends, with colleagues and with just about everyone I could, including government officials,” his statement said and some said who could blame him for trying to defend and protect his family.

Palins’ attorneys said that Branchflower and the Legislative Council have improperly charged the Governor with an ethics violation, saying that Ethics Act violations can only involve financial motives and financial “potential gain, or the avoidance of a potential loss”.  They point out that there is no accusation, no finding and no facts that Palin realized any money or financial gain by replacing Monegan. They say there was no abuse of power by Palin but charge that the Democrat Hollis French who headed the Legislative Council abused their government power by using public money to “pursue a personal vendetta against the governor. Put bluntly, Branchflower completely misapplied the Ethics Act and has instead sought to create a headline to smear the governor,” the lawyers wrote.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/10/11/response.branchflower.report.pdf   10-11-08
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 05:29:58 AM »
What middle class?  All politicans are corrupt even PALIN

Troy           
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 10:22:11 AM »
The Dems sent an army of muckrakers to Alaska and what did they come up with, Palen fired a guy that she had every right to fire because he wouldn't follow her orders on the way he used taxpayer money. Pretty pale.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 11:01:44 AM »
You asked about obama and acorn??  The office of acorn got raided yesterday by federal officials over allegations of voter registration fraud.  It sounds as though some, ummm, questionable approaches were used to register dead people or to using reprinted telephone listings as registration data.  And obama worked for them.  Oh my my my my my........................... Mikey.

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 01:14:44 PM »
Not only was Obama their attorney, and handled court cases for ACORN.  Obama trained their members on how to do the underhanded things they are currently doing.
What Is A Veteran?

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 03:38:58 PM »
PALIN  had  an abusive bother in law  that  taizered  her 10 year old nephew  and  threatened  her  family

she  fired  a  man  that  wouldn't  fire  a  roge  trooper   

she  bent  the  rules in defence of  her  family......maybe

THAT  IS  A STATEMENT  OF  HER CHARACTER

I  think  she  will stand  by  us  as  long  as  we don't  wrong  her  or  her  family

BARRACK  HUSSEIN  OBAMA   had  a  minister,mentor.. wrote  highly  of  him  in  his  book

then  when  it  was  best  for  his  campaign  and  we  found  out  what   he  worshipped

he  through  the  man  under  the  bus

THAT  IS  A  STATMENT  OF BARRACK HUSSEIN  OBAMAS CHARACTER

HE  WILL  DO  THE  SAME  TO  US

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline powderman

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 05:03:23 PM »
4570 GOVT. Theres not a lie that osama won't tell, or a dirty deed he won't do to attain power. He's lower than pond scum. There are some here that will help him get that power. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 06:02:08 PM »
if McCain loses this it will Be because he is too nice to obama, he should bring the acorn thing up loud and clear. He should bring his voting record on firearms up . He should bring up his ties to the improper campaign money. The whole Just who are you , and who is supporting you, thing should be brought up . The fact that he is Arab not black( by black we mean African when the term is used.) The press wont do it and the republicans seem to be afraid to do it for fear of being called "racist' by one of the biggest racists out there.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 01:39:47 AM »
If McCain lose it won't be because of this. It will be because people are hurting from war high gas good jobs going over seas.

If Obama wins, big business will take the jobs over seas to avoid the Hugh taxes, Obama will put on them. There is a big corporation here in Delaware that employs 14,000 people, there looking to relocate to Germany.
If Obama wins we are screwed. We will have attacts on US soil once again, he will pull our troops out of the war, just to bring the war to us.
I hope the Obama supporters are ready for hell to break loose.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 01:44:08 AM »
Well that's what politicians do...they abuse powers. Seems minor...miniscule....to what Bush/Cheney have gotten away with.................so far.

And who cares anyway.  You have to do what's best for the state/country even if it's not popular.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline magooch

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 03:51:55 AM »
I'm still waiting to hear what President Bush has done that is a high crime, or even a misdemeanor.  Nancy Pilosy was asked why in the world had she not started impeachment proceedings.  In a moment of candor, she said you can't impeach a President for having opposing political policies.

Does anyone think that if the Dumbycrats actually had something that is actionalble against Dubya that they wouldn't be on him like stink on do-do?
Swingem