Author Topic: You Ever Worry About The Nutjobs In Forums Like These?  (Read 2684 times)

Offline Nasty Jack

• Trade Count: (0)
You Ever Worry About The Nutjobs In Forums Like These?
« on: October 13, 2008, 07:57:23 AM »

Tactical underwear, half dozen carry guns, long gun in the 4WD Hummer, walking around most of the time in "Code Red" . . . "Bug Out Bag" "Back Up Gun" "SHTF" "TEOTWAWKI" . . .

They have meds and support groups now for this sort of behavior --

Offline docmagnum357

• Avid Poster
Re: You Ever Worry About The Nutjobs In Forums Like These?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
I don't worry about those nut jobs, because I am one of them.  Here in the western part of the great state of North Carolina, we call our support group the local Independent Baptist Church, and the meds we take are generally derived from white corn, usually a strain that has been in the family for several generations.  The exact recipe for the preparation of the aforementioned "meds" has aslo usually been in the familty since a few years after the family patriarch landed here from Scotland.

The only time I carry two guns, however, is on Sunday.  I do keep a rifle in the truck, but it is more for the collection of what we call "high speed government beef", although it could come in handy if a coven of witches or a band of Sodomites decided they don't like the preachers sermon from last Sunday, and try to kill him.  Only a Metrosexual, big city, lotiony handed conman would drive a humm vee, though.  we usually drive 4wd trucks.  I drive a one ton flat bed, myself.  It is so much easier to spray the dog crap off the flat bed than it is to reach into a dog box and get it out.  Ole' slim tends to bark when those pesky witches and Sodomites come into the church parking lot.  I like for him to be able to get up and stretch on Sunday, in case the preacher goes extra long, or if we have to drive a long way on the road to where one of my cousins has treed a bear.  NC has the longest legal bear season in the country, and a month long dog training season.  He gets to ride on the truck from october to January.

The only bad thing about ole slim is that he some times booger barks at them lotiony handed metrosexuals who come from big cities and drive humvees.  I told him they weren't nothin' to be sceered of at all...

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 02:38:35 PM »
where at in the western part of NC?

Offline Duckhunter39480

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 02:46:13 PM »
Why should I worry; I'm the nuttiest of the bunch.  I spend my free time reloading more bullets.  If riots break out and the storm comes, all my friends know if they can make it to my place, they'll have plenty of ammo.
You should have said something; I didn't know I had struck a nerve.

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 06:05:33 PM »
Worry? I try to learn from them. Nice tip on the flatbed by the way, docmagnum357.  You certainly want to be prepared to defend yourself from the mall ningas as well as the gang bangers evacuating the cities in the upcoming appocolypse. Be very careful when you are getting into there mind though, as there are vast barren areas where no thoughts have ever emerged, nor even been generated. You could wander around in there for hours looking for hidden treasures, don't fall into the trap of thinking no one could be this empty headed.

I look at it like an action thriller paperback, sure it could happen, but pretty dang unlikely. I do have a tin foil hat, cuz' ya never know.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 01:01:32 AM »
NastyJack - What, me worry???  Naw - wadda they gonna do, say something nasty to me???  Are they gonna bust into the Graybeard data bank to find out where I live and come get me??? - Naw.  Most of them couldn't pronounce the name of the city I live in, much less find it on a map.

Am I worried about some nuclear minded idiot - naw, most anyone who would go about committing crimes in the name of the EOTWAWKI don't usually frequent this type of site, but they are out there and they bear watching. 

If you meant:  are we worried about some of these 'code red' brain-children shooting up a mall - no more so than we worry about other idiots doing the same, which is why some of us carry guns for defense, so we don't have to worry about facing something like that without the means to defend ourselves.  My only real concern in a mall situation is 'wingin' the old mall walker coming up behind the bad guy - mall walkers can be tough on ya.  JMTCW.  Mikey.

Offline garyhh44

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 02:07:01 AM »

Tactical underwear, half dozen carry guns, long gun in the 4WD Hummer, walking around most of the time in "Code Red" . . . "Bug Out Bag" "Back Up Gun" "SHTF" "TEOTWAWKI" . . .

No Nutjobs Hear just Southern Americans. No Hummer I have a big Ford. Tactical underwear I will get some of
them things. Rember the world is full of Assholes and onley the lone Ranger shots to wound.
Semper Fidelis.

Offline funshooter2

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 02:40:21 AM »
I happen to carry several items on me that could be used for self defense, myself. Why? 1) I like my cane because of the bad knee and also as Teddy Roosevelt said "Walk softly and carry a big stick." It works against most pests with no legs or 2 or more legs. 2. I've been on the receiving end of at least 3 attempted armed robberies and without being armed, I have no doubt one for sure would have been fatal for me. 3. We have gang-bangers in this little midwest region and they don't care who they shoot at. 4. I'm also one of these nutcakes with a long gun in my pickup (not the Humvee) and at least one hand gun.
If being armed doesn't lessen crime, why are schools shot up more often than police stations?

Offline Lee Robinson

• Contributor
  • Aim small, miss small
    • Chimera Kennels - Swinford Bandogs
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 04:08:39 AM »
I wonder if Nasty Jack is related to Joe Biden. Didn't Joe refer to someone that owns an assault riffle as mentally unfit to own such an item. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkavwuWE5eQ

Of course, we all know he will still want his secrete service agents to own/carry firearms for his own protection.

Seems kind of hypocritical to me that some legislators want protection but they don't want others to have these same rights.
Help promote responsible pet and firearm ownership. Chimera Kennels

Offline moxgrove

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 04:19:51 AM »
I worry more about trolls. They are nowhere near as interesting and more destructive.  I guess I am one of the nutjobs who has a pantry full of provisions, a few extra cords of wood and at least 2000 rounds of ammo in each caliber I shoot. It allows me more time on here and less going to the store. LOL

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 02:04:01 AM »
NUTJOB: Hummmm, lets see here.
If any would consider himself completely free from any mental problems--that is the one I consider a nutjob.
Now, and I digress too some thoughts from earlier, the police are the only ones that have, and know where they are, the paper work to file so that some statistician can compute a report and the government, city, county, state, federal, is the onliest one that can prosecute. All these things are an AFTER THE FACT happening.
In the present, my only defense is me. I accept this responsibility with full knowledge of the consequences.
Now, if one looks at it this way, and not in some screwed up anti-establisment, ill conceived, nut-job way, then, the best thing too do is put minds together with like minded people and learn from each other.
Make me a nut job?? If you wish to define that as a nut-job attitude that is your business and your right.
If you choose not too discuss these things you will be going about this business with less competence and much ignorance. The magic of the mind theory.
I have in my vehicle three weapons, at this moment. In my gun closet are numerous pistols, shotguns and soon, one beater of a 30-30---they are all locked and loaded---ALL.
I am then a nut-job. But a well armed and completely serious thinking nut-job.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 04:31:56 AM »
Well there is some concern, at least from a public relations perspective. Some people do make gun owners look like "nut jobs". I recall one gunshow where a guy was selling some of those flare rounds which are fired from a revolver. I happened to walk past his table several times and each time he was saying to a customer "how'd ya like to gut shoot somebody with one of these?" Now that guy was scary.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline Bugflipper

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 04:52:00 AM »
 I like reading those posts. You can learn a lot on wilderness survival and be better prepared if you are in a hunting accident or auto accident and unable to reach civilization. You can also apply a lot of the bushcraft medicine to a dog if they get injured in the field.
Molon labe

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 06:55:39 AM »
We live in a world of “Nutjobs”; everywhere you look you find them.

Recently, as a friend and I sat at the counter in his gun shop drinking coffee and chatting about the election a fellow walks in wearing an oversized T-shirt and asked if he had any high capacity handguns.  My buddy broke out several and showed them to the guy, as they (we) talked, we were informed that he was a poison guard, had a concealed carry permit and was preparing for the “worst.”  This guy then tells us about his carry guns and proceeds to pull them out.  He had Sig 220 in a holster behind his back; he had four extra mags attached to his belt.  From his right front pocket he produces a Kel Tek 9mm with an extra mag, bending over he pulls a Smith 649 .357 from a leg holster attached to his left leg, and whipped out a speedloader from his left front pocket.  He has so much weight that he would be in a heap of trouble if he has to swim the river.

After he left (without buying anything), my buddy told me about another frequent vistior to the shop.  This guy wears a "cowboy style slicker" year round, and carries a pump 12 gauge shotgun in a sewed in pocket, he also carries a number of handguns.  I wouldn't want to be standing behind either of these nuts when someone says Boo!

I believe in being prepared, but……………

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »
Rockbilly
I guess this is going to hi-jack the thread but I have this thoght, continually.
One of my favorite movies of late is "No Country For Old Men" and I supose that is because of Tommy Lee Jones. He does a good job of the sheriff.
The point is, evertime I see that movie I am reminded of you. Not that I think you are at a point in life where he says towards the end that he is retiring because he is beginning to feel outclassed.
Wierd thought but I see you in this somewhere.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 05:27:56 AM »
yea people who talk about an think about killing a person worry me a bit,,if they get excited about the opportunity..it takes all kinds tho..

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 06:39:57 AM »
Slim
I agree with you.
Now, if you don't consider that as a possibility of occuring then you might put yourownself and another in a poor situation in a tight.
If you can't don't own one.
Be prepared for it to take a toll on you.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 07:55:35 AM »
the quiet ones are the ones to worry about ! ya can't hear um comming !

And that dog box thing , good post !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 08:23:19 AM »
Wiliamlayton, I never said I ain't  ;) armed..........and I too have a sufficent collection of ready firearms, the point I intended to convey is, both of the individuals are overarmed nuts.  What is the point of packing three firearms with well over a hundred rounds of ammo?  Even police who face danger quite frequently are not that well armed. (there may be more in the patrol car)

Of my carry guns in the local area most are 10 rounds or less, I do usually have SOMETHING  ::) in the pickup, but don't feel so insecure that I think I have to pack three guns and a hundred rounds of ammo, besides it is hard enough to get my fat butt around without adding the extra weight......course if I had to walk the streets of Houston I might have a change of heart and add a back up and few extra rounds.

Yep, it is the quite one you have to watch, the dog that don't bark will most often be the first to bite.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 08:29:56 AM »
three guns in Richmond sounds about right ,

police can call for back up . Nice option !

guess it depends where you live/work/play as to what is needed .

All my life i have heard people say if i get to my truck you will be sorry !

THAT"S A BIG IF !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Lee Robinson

• Contributor
  • Aim small, miss small
    • Chimera Kennels - Swinford Bandogs
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 10:53:38 AM »
I have always told my wife that the best case scenerio for my defense guns is that they end up being a waste of money and that I never need them. Still though, I will have them around in case the "best scenerio" doesn't end up being what happens. I hope for the best, but prepare for less than that just in case.
Help promote responsible pet and firearm ownership. Chimera Kennels

Offline Brett

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 01:40:35 PM »
Wiliamlayton,
Yep, it is the quite one you have to watch, the dog that don't bark will most often be the first to bite.

That's kind of my thoughts too.  When the media interviews the family and neighbors of some fool who has just gone postal they always say "He was such a quiet guy, never said boo to anyone." and "He seemed like a real nice guy, we never expected this." 

And for the record I do not have a rifle in my truck.... it's a 12ga. pump actually and the hand gun stays on my person.  ;D

Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 03:12:03 AM »
 sounds like sanity to me.. unless you live in the city..then you just gotta buy a new shotgun an window for you truck.. you don t sound like a fella lives in the city tho.. :)

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 05:41:28 AM »
yea people who talk about an think about killing a person worry me a bit,,if they get excited about the opportunity..it takes all kinds tho..

Unfortunately, a lot of those people are cops. I worked a couple of years for a small town police department and a couple of officers always spent their annual training budget on shooting schools. Now this was a little resort town that had never had a shooting, other than suicides,  since Butch & Sundance left the country. I suggested to the chief that for every hour of training on how to kill more people faster there should be five hours on how to resolve conflict without shooting, and he agreed but it never became official policy.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline indiancreek235

• put em to roost at night put em to sleep in the mo
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 06:19:05 AM »
I think the real nutjobs are the ones who want to take your guns. Liberals are so ignorant in the fact of do what makes you feel good and it's okay to live how you want but only if you live the way they do. These are the same kind of people that asked Ben and Jerry's to replace cow's milk with human milk. But if I carry a gun and like the idea of owning class 3 weapons makes me a nut job so be it. They love thier 1st Amendment so much so they can say and do what they like. They don't relize is if not for the second the first can't be backed up.
It's tuff out here in the LBC (lower butler county)                          Put em to roost at night and put em to sleep in the morning!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 05:24:24 AM »
I said at this moment---At the present moment it is two---at some moments it is one---I will never say none.
I would say that if you bring the weapon out it should not go back not smoking. That is not always a truth but I don't believe in bluffing--I never been good at that even at cards.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline funshooter2

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 08:04:02 AM »
Indiancreek brings up a good point here, too. If the 2nd amendment is nulified, the 1st will leave shortly behind it and then the rest. If you don't think it can happen, read your history. No dictator or real socialist wants armed citizens. Real democracies don't care.

Offline indiancreek235

• put em to roost at night put em to sleep in the mo
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 09:02:50 AM »
Yea funshooter2 I had a real genius professor in college back when the first right to carry was up for vote in MO. He taught business and every day he brought up how " the only kinds of vehicles these right to carry bumper stickers were on are late 70's jacked up trucks with Hank stickers in the window" and get this he claimed to be pro-gun! Well I had a quote by Hitler and I wish I still had it that said something to extent of now that we have the public's weapons he could proceed with his goals. But I don't remember exactly how it went. But I would tape it to his podeum every day before class and he would preach at us while I sit backed and smiled.
It's tuff out here in the LBC (lower butler county)                          Put em to roost at night and put em to sleep in the morning!

Offline Brett

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 01:30:42 PM »
sounds like sanity to me.. unless you live in the city..then you just gotta buy a new shotgun an window for you truck.. you don t sound like a fella lives in the city tho.. :)

Your right there Slim.  I live out in the sticks where my neighbors would find it odd if you did not own firearms.
Informal skeet shoots or plinking sessions have been known to break out in someones back yard.   :D
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 01:35:37 PM »

Nasty Jack, I'm more worried about someone who thinks of us as "nutjobs".
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA
Crabby conservative old fart