Author Topic: is their anything good about this country  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: is their anything good about this country
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2008, 03:56:47 PM »
We don't need the federal government to protect our wage, build our infastructure
Dealing with foreign government is not something I need done, it is however one of their few roles as government. and they do it so poorly.
And if I starve which is highly unlikely, it is none of their concern. I learned to stand on my own two God given feet along time ago. I do not need the government to feed me clothe me or rock me to sleep at night. But most of all I don't need them to think for me. Given the fact that this whole crisis thing was caused by the federal government, Why would a sane people want a wrecking crew to fix something?

Getting back to original topic  what best about the United States. We can all stand free if we choose to.

Pat

" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 04:01:40 PM »
Me thinks there are enough deer, rabbits, squirrel, and critters in Michigan to eat.....and I can grow food as well...(I do now)...
I can also give food to the neighbors as well.  

Being unpopular is a good thing though sometimes....I agree on that,  the majority of people are not always right or moral.  But that does not mean we absolutely had to pass this bill or all go down in smoke.  Just because ONE guy said there is only one way...(if you want to spend like crazy and tax like crazy, I guess there IS just one way)  

Bottom line is...if some politicians were making you believe you would starve if they did not pass this bill, they got you good.  
My opinion is...if NOTHING would have passed...we would be in the same spot right now...still able to eat a bag of chips.  

They should have just passed a very simple bill....I would go along the government buying a few things up...and letting lots of things fall down...and cutting all taxes like crazy, stop all spending not needed such as billions of dollars sent to other countries, all earmarks, and the study of the mating habbits of the earthworm....crap like that that we are doing as we speak.  The bill was a knee jerk reaction, no thinking involved, and Congress was not willing to sacrifice their spending which is the path to not needing our tax money.  

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 04:12:41 PM »
Bottom line is...if some politicians were making you believe

Nobody made me think anything.  I know most Americans would starve without government intervention.  I live in a hurricane prone area.  Most folks are as helpless as newborn babes.

America is living on borrowed time.  We may as well enjoy what's left before we punch the clock.

95% of the folks I interact with are so ignorant it's scarry.  How they lived to be adults is beyond me.

Big talk is cheap.  When you've watched grown men wet themselves in fear, you know how cheap it is.

2 days without Air Conditioning and they'll put a bullet in their own head.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Hooker

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2008, 04:45:27 PM »

Nobody made me think anything.  I know most Americans would starve without government intervention.  I live in a hurricane prone area.  Most folks are as helpless as newborn babes.

America is living on borrowed time.  We may as well enjoy what's left before we punch the clock.

Borrowed time? See there is your problem you given up on this country. You have nothing to fight for,so you are just content to let the government take care of you. Sounds to me like you have already punched the clock.

I know most Americans would starve without government intervention.  I live in a hurricane prone area.  Most folks are as helpless as newborn babes.

95% of the folks I interact with are so ignorant it's scarry.  How they lived to be adults is beyond me.

Big talk is cheap.  When you've watched grown men wet themselves in fear, you know how cheap it is.

And these folks will never stand up as long as they are government kept.
People who have the mentality that the government should do for them are thieves without the ambition to do their own stealing.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2008, 04:53:07 PM »

find out what cal. it is and I will see if I know anybody with a gun that they will let them use.

If they are to the point that they cant provide for themselves through hunting, fishing and farming then most likely they are a large part of the damn problem and I for one could give  a rats ass less if they are breathing or not.

The talking heads are calling for many millions of people to die when all this bs comes to a head and pops. So I think the first thing you need to ask yourself is what will I do then get it figured out and wait.

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2008, 04:56:15 PM »
we  could  live  on  long  pork  a  long  time
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2008, 05:28:37 PM »
The public is whats wrong with this country, they dint have an attention span, they keep electing the same people over and over who do not do the job and do not represent the voters, We had an oil crisis 35 years ago and everyone of them promised to fix it and not a single thing has changed and the same people are in power now as thenand the public will be too stupid to vote them out for this "bail out" mess...." I'll give you a 5 buck tax cut "and their vote is bought and they are too stupid to rember that was the same line they bought last time and they never got that tax cut.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2008, 05:34:05 PM »
Me thinks there are enough deer, rabbits, squirrel, and critters in Michigan to eat.....and I can grow food as well...(I do now)...
I can also give food to the neighbors as well.  

Being unpopular is a good thing though sometimes....I agree on that,  the majority of people are not always right or moral.  But that does not mean we absolutely had to pass this bill or all go down in smoke.  Just because ONE guy said there is only one way...(if you want to spend like crazy and tax like crazy, I guess there IS just one way)  

Bottom line is...if some politicians were making you believe you would starve if they did not pass this bill, they got you good.  
My opinion is...if NOTHING would have passed...we would be in the same spot right now...still able to eat a bag of chips.  

They should have just passed a very simple bill....I would go along the government buying a few things up...and letting lots of things fall down...and cutting all taxes like crazy, stop all spending not needed such as billions of dollars sent to other countries, all earmarks, and the study of the mating habbits of the earthworm....crap like that that we are doing as we speak.  The bill was a knee jerk reaction, no thinking involved, and Congress was not willing to sacrifice their spending which is the path to not needing our tax money.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WRONG there are too many people for that to work now, You cant live off the land anymore too many people would deplete the game supply in less than 6 weeks.Then they'll eat each other.Crops take a long time to grow and most will eat the last 10 beans rather than plant them.

the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2008, 05:48:55 PM »
WRONG there are too many people for that to work now, You cant live off the land anymore too many people would deplete the game supply in less than 6 weeks

This may be true of some places but others will last longer. I think I can take enough game in a month to last a while. My only fear is running out of ammo...

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2008, 05:55:18 PM »
So, what have you done?

In the past year:

Joined the state Republican Party and have become a precinct chairman
Served as a delegate to the party convention and helped to rewrite parts of the state party platform
Attend regional and district party meetings
Campaigned (put up signs and waved signs) for 3 different candidates for state level office
Contributed several hundred dollars to candidates I believe in at the state and national level
Joined the local Chamber of Commerce and became the VP
Continued to attend all local city council meetings
On a regular basis, spoke on issues of concern during the public comment period at city council meetings
Served as a citizen volunteer on two city council working groups and rewrote our sales tax ordinance
Ran for city council, was elected and have just been selected as the Deputy Mayor
Additionally, like you, I contact all of my state and national elected officials on a regular basis and
    occasionally write letters to the editor of two local papers

Some of this takes money to participate, but much just takes the time to get involved.  Just jump in and start somewhere. 

I must say I'm impressed.  I don't like you calling us whiners, sounds a little self righteous.  I think we are mostly airing our frustrations. 
But you have done quite a bit. 
Good for you
" we are screwed "

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2008, 10:17:49 PM »
MS should love America, where else do you get such good SSI in this world?

I love Amerca every time I go out hunting or driving around in the country. Such open spaces and such nice land.
  I wish I did get a check.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2008, 10:20:48 PM »
OBAMA  IS A BIGGER  THREAT TO  OUR WAY OF  LIFE  THAN OSAMA

the  ONLY hope  of stopping  him now is MCCAIN  like  it  or  not

if   YOU  undermine  his chance  in  ANY  way  your  helping  OBAMA

don't  make  yourself  look stupid voting 3rd party cause MCCAIN  is  not perfect
then  tell  me  love  this  country  like a   fool  and  then  help OBAMA AND  THE DEMOCRATS
you  won't  even  offer  your vote  to  stop  OBAMA
then  come  here  and  whine  and  undermine MCCAIN

OBAMA  is  a 3rd rate  human
with  3rd  world roots
he  will  be  HELPED  by   you 3rd  party vote
and he  will  reduce  us  to  3rd  world status

DON'T  INSULT  MY  INTELLEGENCE  BY TELLING  ME  YOU  LOVE  THIS COUNTRY
WHEN  YOU BASH  THE ONLY  MAN  THAT  CAN  SAVE  US  FROM  OBAM
HAVE  YOU CALLED  YOUR  CONGESSMAN  ABOUT  ACORN VOTER FRAUD.......ANYTHING

I  LIKE MOST  OF YOU  BUT  SOME  OF  YOU  ARE  PATHEDIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlMpGeCdLks  

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2008, 02:22:59 AM »
i  didn't  like  it  when  he  said  that  either.......makes  me  question  his  JUDGEMENT

but   PALIN still  has  my  vote  and  i  bet  she wouldn't  say  anything  that   stupid

maybe  he  thinks  he  has to  be  a  wimp  and  kiss  ass  the  win...just  digust  me
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2008, 03:23:39 AM »
Hell if anything I respect McCain more for sticking up for Obama on National TV. 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2008, 03:28:52 AM »
i  don't  respect  any one  that sticks  up for  OBAMA

until  his  lawyer  refers to  him  as  the defendant

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2008, 03:56:23 AM »
I love this country in any shape form or fashion.
I know this sounds harsh but IMO it is time to cut the cord on some of these
folks that are dragging this country down. We have folks that will not work,
not if all they had to do was walk across the street, all the give aways in this country may have been good used as they were meant(has a hand up until
you can find a job) but most have turned into a way of life. Yes if the cord was cut some would either starve or resort to stealing (which they already are)
so cut the cord and see if they WANT to live in this great country, will never
happen because the politicions will loose too many votes so lets cut the cord on them too.

Heathers post was what I was really looking for when i started, but it is good to
see that most of us agree (i did say most)
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2008, 04:07:18 AM »
My only fear is running out of ammo...

Matt

Now that is a fear I do not have. I'm NOT gonna be running out of ammo any time soon. But the way you shoot I can sure understand why you'd be worried about it.  ;D

As I see it the question asked is a rather silly one and totally and completely misworded.

The question isn't is their anything good about the Country as yes there definitely are lots of good things about it. The question should be is there anything good about the folks running the government at this time. The answer there really is no not much if anything at all.

There is a VAST difference between the country and the folks running the government here and it's time folks figured out the difference.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2008, 04:23:05 AM »
+1 to GB on the nice burn on Matt ;D

I'll mail you some burn medicine Matt ;)
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2008, 04:25:50 AM »
Borrowed time? See there is your problem you given up on this country. You have nothing to fight for,so you are just content to let the government take care of you.

As a Christian, I've given up on this world.  You either believe the Bible or you don't.  The only one that takes care of me is Jesus Christ.

"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline magooch

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2008, 04:30:25 AM »
There is nothing wrong with this country that wouldn't be made right by the elimination of about a hundred million Dumbycrats and twenty million illegal aliens.
Swingem

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2008, 04:32:38 AM »
Elimination?  What, your gonna wax "a hundred million dumbycrats" just because they don't agree w/ you?

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2008, 04:33:47 AM »
20%  won't  be  missed  and  a good start

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2008, 04:35:01 AM »
as silly and misworded as it may be it did bring most people here together.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2008, 08:29:34 AM »
My only fear is running out of ammo...

Matt

Now that is a fear I do not have. I'm NOT gonna be running out of ammo any time soon. But the way you shoot I can sure understand why you'd be worried about it.  ;D

Thanks for the knowledge GB!  That may be useful one day!   :D

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Hooker

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2008, 01:59:11 PM »
Borrowed time? See there is your problem you given up on this country. You have nothing to fight for,so you are just content to let the government take care of you.

As a Christian, I've given up on this world.  You either believe the Bible or you don't.  The only one that takes care of me is Jesus Christ.

I glad to hear that you are a Christian and have put your life in God's care. One thing you might consider though. God has not given up on this world. Why have you?

Pat
-Mark Twain