Author Topic: McCain loses election tonight  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
McCain loses election tonight
« on: October 15, 2008, 07:58:30 AM »
Be sure and tune in to the presidential debate tonight. We'll see how much deeper McCain can dig his hole. He doesn't stand a chance.
Safety first

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
Re: McCain loses election tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 08:03:46 AM »
Not what me it's a waste of time.

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 08:42:13 AM »
Is tonight's debate being moderated by the weather underground, or by cair?
" we are screwed "

Offline jimster

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 09:17:28 AM »
I guess if elections are won by how fancy someone can talk,  we are in trouble anyway.

and if there are any undecideds out there, hoping a debate will sway them, they must be idiots as well.

Yep...Obama is very articulate for sure...but how fancy can you say "I'm gonna take your money and give it to who I think needs it"....

I bet there are a whole bunch of fancy ways to say that...but it all means the same thing to me.

Offline muskeg13

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 09:19:19 AM »
Maybe McCain will come down with laryngitis at the last minute and Sarah will sub for him.  We can hope.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 11:28:13 AM »
I guess if elections are won by how fancy someone can talk,  we are in trouble anyway.

Hey, It worked for Bill Clinton...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 02:27:19 PM »
What time does Bob Barr come on???? Oh, yeah, I forgot. POWDERMAN.  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 05:38:38 PM »
He did quite well tonight but then i wont vote for a raghat anyway
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 05:44:13 PM »
I think McCain did well tonight.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 02:56:52 AM »
I guess I don't understand why you'd say that Rudy.

I have watched only one of the Presidential debates the second one I guess it was the town hall style as they described it. I did record the first but so far haven't had the stomach to watch it. I skipped the one last night. There is nothing Obamination could say to get my vote cuz I realize any and everything he says is a lie so no promise from him can change my mind. If I wanted a muzlim leading my nation I'd move to an Islamic nation.

I did feel that McCain won the debate I watched if there is such a thing as a win in such. He stuck more to the truth and his record while Obama stuck to lies and mistruths. The problem is that Obama is saying what way too large a percentage of folks who will go vote want to hear even tho they have to know he's lying with every breath.

I hate to see either elected quite honestly but clearly one of them will be.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Questor

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 03:33:50 AM »
GB:

It's because this debate, like the previous two, are being widely reported as a win for Obama. It is also being widely reported that McCain was snide and disrespectful. That's the kind of stuff that makes up peoples' minds, not the debates themselves. Also, the fact checking sites aren't really painting the picture that McCain is truthful and Obama is not. I don't belive most voters think for themselves, I believe they act on what they are told to think.

Debates aside, I have long believed that Obama will win simply on novelty, because he's black and because kids think he's cool. That's good for 20 million votes right there. Combine that with a country that is disgusted with the way the Republicans wasted the contract with America, and it should be a landslide.
Safety first

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 03:57:49 AM »
I don't think it will be a landslide but do fear you're right that he will be elected. I just hope someone can prove he is not a natural born American citizen in time to prevent it. I feel he is the biggest mistake America has made yet and that we will rue the day he was allowed into politics.

At this point I'm not even convinced he is who he claims to be, he might in fact me the dead brother instead.

But you are right the masses do as told and the powers to be with the money have decided they want him in power and are buying his way there very effectively.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Questor

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 04:15:49 AM »
The thing I don't understand about this election is whether it's a Hobson's Choice or a Catch 22?
Safety first

Offline magooch

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 04:17:58 AM »
As I watched last night's debate, all I could think about was the last time we had a President who could lie with a straight face, he got impeached and lost his law license.  This sumbitch is slicker, a much smoother liar and isn't even all American.  And I'm stickin with my theory that he wasn't born; he was cloned with DNA from Stalin, Clinton and Lewis Fairycon.
Swingem

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 04:20:41 AM »
I'm sorry GB, but do you honestly think that a politician, backed by millions if not billions of dollars, criminals, and other high powered officials will really be proven a non-natural citizen 2 1/2 weeks out of a presidential election?  Even if it were so, they would just forge one and be done w/ it.  The Dems wouldn't take such a blow to their party as to admit a foul up of such epic porportions.
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Questor

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 04:23:53 AM »
It's neither a Catch 22 nor a Hobson's choice. It's a Morton's Fork.
Safety first

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 05:09:44 AM »
I'm sorry GB, but do you honestly think that a politician, backed by millions if not billions of dollars, criminals, and other high powered officials will really be proven a non-natural citizen 2 1/2 weeks out of a presidential election?  Even if it were so, they would just forge one and be done w/ it.  The Dems wouldn't take such a blow to their party as to admit a foul up of such epic porportions.

No not really. As I've said several times the folks with power seem to want him elected and the folks with power really are in control even if we don't want to admit it. That no one but the one guy who filed the suit seems to even be discussing this is proof enough that it won't happen.

Rudy I hate to show my ignorance and lord knows I have plenty of it to show but I haven't the foggiest idea what a Hobson's choice or a Morton's Fork are,

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 05:19:36 AM »
Rudy I hate to show my ignorance and lord knows I have plenty of it to show but I haven't the foggiest idea what a Hobson's choice or a Morton's Fork are

It's a paradox where hopefully a Buridan's ass won't have to make the decision.  ;)

A Hobson's choice means to take it or leave it.

A Morton's Fork is like being between a rock and a hard place.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Questor

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 05:25:37 AM »
Or to put it another way,

Hobson's choice is no choice at all, and Morton's Fork is a dilemma of two equally bad choices.
Safety first