Author Topic: Suit against God thrown out over lack of address  (Read 685 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Suit against God thrown out over lack of address
« on: October 16, 2008, 04:30:08 AM »

Posted on Wed, Oct. 15, 2008

NATE JENKINS

The Associated Press

LINCOLN, Neb. - A judge has thrown out a Nebraska legislator's lawsuit against God, saying the Almighty wasn't properly served due to his unlisted home address. State Sen. Ernie Chambers filed the lawsuit last year seeking a permanent injunction against God.

He said God has made terroristic threats against the senator and his constituents in Omaha, inspired fear and caused "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

Chambers has said he filed the lawsuit to make the point that everyone should have access to the courts regardless of whether they are rich or poor.

On Tuesday, however, Douglas County District Court Judge Marlon Polk ruled that under state law a plaintiff must have access to the defendant for a lawsuit to move forward.

"Given that this court finds that there can never be service effectuated on the named defendant this action will be dismissed with prejudice," Polk wrote.

Chambers, who graduated from law school but never took the bar exam, thinks he's found a hole in the judge's ruling.

"The court itself acknowledges the existence of God," Chambers said Wednesday. "A consequence of that acknowledgment is a recognition of God's omniscience."

Therefore, Chambers said, "Since God knows everything, God has notice of this lawsuit."

Chambers has 30 days to decide whether to appeal. He said he hasn't decided yet.

Chambers, who has served a record 38 years in the Nebraska Legislature, is not returning next year because of term limits. He skips morning prayers during the legislative session and often criticizes Christians.

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
Re: Suit against God thrown out over lack of address
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 06:11:37 AM »
Chambers had better feel threatened by God!  If he knows enough about God to waste everybody's time and taxpayer's money with such a frivolous lawsuit, he knows what awaits him. Maybe he can use the insanity defense!

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 06:32:32 AM »
 I think we have finally found out TM7's true identitey.    ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

To Quote Larry the cable guy, "I don't care who ya are, that's funny now".
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 08:23:50 AM »
I like the judges response.

Just think of those poor saps that voted this guy in.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline Questor

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 10:21:20 AM »
I can't understand why judges have patience for this sort of BS. He should charge the legislator with contempt of court for wasting his time with this obviously frivolous suit.  Slap some chains on a few morons that tie up the courts with this and it will reduce such nonsense quickly.
Safety first

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 11:18:40 AM »
I can't understand why judges have patience for this sort of BS. He should charge the legislator with contempt of court for wasting his time with this obviously frivolous suit.  Slap some chains on a few morons that tie up the courts with this and it will reduce such nonsense quickly.

I agree and add that they must be fined enough to cover costs.  I know how slow the wheels of the court system turn and the expenses for lawyers.  Make the idiots pay.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 12:46:02 PM »
Heck ole TM7 been griping bout the gummint all this time and he was part of it.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 02:43:22 PM »
I think we have finally found out TM7's true identitey.    ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

To Quote Larry the cable guy, "I don't care who ya are, that's funny now".

NAH. Evidently folks voted for this guy and was liked at one time.  :D :D :D :D POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »
What a waste of time!  ::)
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin