Author Topic: Sara Palin... your opinions...  (Read 3646 times)

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Sara Palin... your opinions...
« on: October 16, 2008, 08:00:39 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMyNk8J1c8g

I think ol' John Cleese hit the nail on the head...

Really and truthfully though, i've been thinking about this issue... I really think she would be an asset to the republican party if she would quit playing parrot for them.  Her and McCain both.  It seems that they are really keeping her from letting loose and talking like she wants to.  I think the 'pubs need to let her off the chain and tear into it...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Sara Palin... your opinions...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:04:51 AM »
I think John is full of cheese !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 08:42:11 AM »
Cheese is not what I was thinking he's full of at all.  I do believe that if turned loose to speek her mind she would quite possibly become the voice of the ages.  She is a speaker both of and for the people who WE need to be allowed a chance to prove herself.  At this point I'm beginning to think she is the only ray of hope on the horizon.  Look at her family.  She is us.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 09:38:50 AM »
Since we are losing badly at this point, they may as well let her and Senator McCain say anything they want.  It can't hurt.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 11:25:10 AM »
Sarah Palin though I believe her to be a very honest and down to earth citizen, is now involved in something that I don't think she fully realized at the time. She will not be turned loose to say what she wants, as she would offend EVERYONE in D.C. including her running mate. She will say what they tell her to say.
She is far more in touch with US THE PEOPLE than her running mate, and is more capable of serving us than he, as she has not made as many deals with the devil as he.
McCain is as much a part of the D.C. problem as any other Washington politician, and has been on so many different horses since this election began, that I have lost count.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 11:45:40 AM »
She sure is nice to look at! :o

Spanky

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 11:50:11 AM »
+1

Troy
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 12:04:17 PM »
First thing to consider is the source. John Cleese is like Jerry Lewis or Jim Carey. Got paid lots of money to act stupid. Doesn't take alot of talent, or brains to do that. Never did think Monty Python was that funny. Just a bunch of Englishman acting stupid, which comes pretty natural to them.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 12:58:10 PM »
First thing to consider is the source. John Cleese is like Jerry Lewis or Jim Carey. Got paid lots of money to act stupid. Doesn't take alot of talent, or brains to do that. Never did think Monty Python was that funny. Just a bunch of Englishman acting stupid, which comes pretty natural to them.  gypsyman

gypsyman, you just described the entire Congress and Senate. And I agree. ;D

Offline bluebayou

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 02:56:23 PM »
I accept the fact that she is recently of the middle class or there abouts.  I accept the fact that she has children and a family that is important to her.  She seems to be down to earth based on her hockey game attendance and outdoor activities.

Does she have my best interests at heart?  C'mon, I am a little too cynical to think that some of her personality isn't just a big machine put on. 

<she is hot for a Republican Governor by the way>

I hope that she has the integrity to say some real opinions and to set some real goals. 

Offline Skunk

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 04:55:23 PM »
I adore Sara Palin and I'd love to taste her moose burger.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 02:02:26 AM »
I agree w/ John Cleese getting paid a lot to act stupid... and he excels at it.  Monte Python = hilarious.
And John Cleese, while like many of us, may lack brains, has what I consider a "spot on" opinion about her.
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 03:09:55 AM »
She can run the country as well as Jimmy Carter did or Bill Clinton or Johnson to name a few . Most likely better . Congress makes the law and sets the budget . She would pick Conservative judges , veto waste allow the military to protect us etc. whats not to like ? what can't she do ? tinkle standing up ? giving birth trumps that any day !

Offline Questor

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 03:47:42 AM »
My opinion is that she doesn't matter for this election. McCain will lose as certainly as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, so there is absolutely no need to form an opinon about Palin.
Safety first

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 04:02:32 AM »
Questor, I'm afraid your right. After watching the last debate, which, and I'll be nice here, was a tie. McCain didn't say the necessary things to sway the undecided. And with all the Osama,sorry,Obama, yard signs up around here, it certainly doesn't look good. If we are allowed to vote in 4 years, or the country hasn't completly gone to hell in a handbasket by then, maybe she'll get another chance. Maybe a Paul/Palin ticket.  Wonder if I can find that magic lamp to rub!! gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 04:05:44 AM »
My opinion is that she doesn't matter for this election. McCain will lose as certainly as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, so there is absolutely no need to form an opinon about Palin.

Yep!  The liberal media made that decision for us months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb6ErLPt4t8
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Questor

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 04:12:35 AM »
She his, however, the best qualified of the four pres/vice pres candidates. She's got executive leadership skills none of the others have. Alaska is a complex state, economically and in terms of people. The other  three candidates have just been on the government gravy train for their entire lives, or involved in squeezing more money out of our middle class to nonprofits.
Safety first

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 04:40:47 AM »
Sarah Palin is a WOMAN.
We need REAL men to run the country again.The only real man I see running is the Constitution candidate Chuck Baldwin. (Yea I know) He can't win.....Bla , Bla, Bla.Good men will never win as long as we have that mentality.

"Back to S. Palin" She shouldn't dirty herself by hanging out with trash like Obama and McCain.
Go home and be a wife, and Mother.Is that such a bad job?

Let the SHEEPLE go about their business of electing another Tyrant to guard the hen house.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 04:58:59 AM »
Sarah Palin is a WOMAN.
We need REAL men to run the country again.The only real man I see running is the Constitution candidate Chuck Baldwin. (Yea I know) He can't win.....Bla , Bla, Bla.Good men will never win as long as we have that mentality.

"Back to S. Palin" She shouldn't dirty herself by hanging out with trash like Obama and McCain.
Go home and be a wife, and Mother.Is that such a bad job?

Let the SHEEPLE go about their business of electing another Tyrant to guard the hen house.

Margaret Thatcher was a woman, and a damn good leader. I do however, agree that Palin should never have lowered herself to run with a horse trader such as McCain. Horse trader you say? How many horses has he jumped on and off of in the last year? Hell, in the last 3 weeks?
As far as the Constitution candidate I know little about him and until very recently did not even know his name. I'm lazy at times, and Bob Barr the Libertarian candidate, was and is far and away above McCain and Obama in quality concerning the Constitution and Bill of Rights. It is said, A LOT, that folks such as I, are wasting our vote, however as I see it, they are wasting theirs. They are giving up their voice out of fear of defeat. Rightness has nothing to do with their theology. Fear causes them to vote for an inferior candidate.
With that said, I find your remark concerning SHEEPLE and their business, very un-offensive. Your referral to Tyrant I feel however, is innapropriate, as I would think coyote would be a better description. A Tyrant will stand up and tell you what he REALLY thinks, and not concern himself with consequences. A coyote will sneak around. Agreed?

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 05:07:55 AM »
What Cleese was saying is an exact description of Obama. There is no there, there, he is nothing more than a parrot repeating standard Democratic promises, that he has no intention of keeping except the one about raising your taxes.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 05:12:09 AM »
Those who win the war will sneak around.  Those who lose the war make headlong charges against odds that cannot be overcome.

Waste your vote, it doesn't matter now.  The Liberal media has picked the winner already.

Offline Dee

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 05:14:44 AM »
Does anyone "really believe" one candidate over the other on raising your taxes vs not raising your taxes after BOTH candidates voting to GIVE AWAY almost a trillion dollars of your money to big banks? How would any reasonable voter assume this was going to be paid for. ::)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 05:21:07 AM »
I'm only concerned with the 2nd Ammendment.  I don't make enough to worry about taxes.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 05:50:50 AM »
Did I just wake up in the 1950's???  Did I really just read that Sarah is not qualified to be v.p. b/c she is a woman???  We need a real man to run this country???  She should go home and be a wife and mother???  I must be naive, but I didn't realize that sexism existed to this extent in today's society.  Maybe what this country needs is a strong woman to come along and fix the mess that you "real men" have created over the centuries for us!!!  We have been cleaning up and keeping you men straight at home for years...why not start where it matters?

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline jimster

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 06:42:50 AM »
My wife is the Chief executive officer in charge of all operations and all budget matters in my home...she knows banking, she knows logic, she knows how to do all things...I call myself "King"...in my own little head...but the woman in my house runs the operation here.  Bad as that may sound to some men on here...she is much smarter than I about finances, interest rates, and the best buys out there on things we need...she can stretch a penny a mile long, and it has served me very well...all I have now is because of my wife's good sense over the years.  She also has a brain like a computer and can store gobs of information for years. 

Heather...far as I am concerned....they can take 500 women who are like minded, and put them in Congress, and in the White House....if they are like my wife, or like Governor Palin....or like you, things would fall into place pretty fast...cause the spending would stop...and they would be shopping for deals on what they did spend.  Of course the basics would still apply...they would need to be conservative women.

I have no problem with a woman being in charge.  Any decent woman who has raised a family and run the home is a conservative mannor is far ahead of most all in Washington.  When someone asks for more money for something, my wife would say...it ain't there..forget it....you'll have to wait.  That's the end of it till the budget changes. 

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 06:53:02 AM »
The Iroquois (Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, Mohawk, Seneca) are a matriarchal society. In the Iroquois community, women were the keepers of culture. They were responsible for defining the political, social, spiritual and economic norms of the tribe. Iroquois society was matrilineal, meaning descent was traced through the mother rather than through the father. Also, when a couple marries, the man traditionally went to live with the wife's family. Although the leaders were men, it was the Clan Mothers who nominated and elected them, and could remove them from their position. The women made sure the male leadership fulfilled their responsibilities. Iroquois women enjoyed social equality and respect.

this type of governance served the tribes well until the British and French caused dissent by bribing males with whiskey, trinkets and false promises.  I think a conservative female congress would keep everything in check. 
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 06:54:46 AM »
HEATHER, NO its the 2000's and we have a woman, POW/war hero , african American and a loud mouth white man running .
You have no idea how much i wish it was the 50's !
And i will vote for the WOMAN !

Offline rigger1

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 07:09:39 AM »

Really and truthfully though, i've been thinking about this issue... I really think she would be an asset to the republican party if she would quit playing parrot for them.  Her and McCain both.  It seems that they are really keeping her from letting loose and talking like she wants to.  I think the 'pubs need to let her off the chain and tear into it...

My opinion of Sara is still up-in-the-air.  Here's why:   First I look at cities of 5000 to 7000 population within about 100 miles from home, and I think about the city councils and mayors of these small town cities, and I think that without financial support of many many many millions of dollars, they would never be considered for a gubernatorial post; so my first unanswered question is "Where did the money come from?"

I'm also wondering about the ethics questions; these are unresolved.

Although Sara has fire she hasn't proven, to my satisfaction, she has a high level brain.  The party has been too protective of Palin.  Let her use her own brain to convince us of her abilities.  It's not enough to be loud.

Dennis

Offline deltecs

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 07:41:12 AM »

My opinion of Sara is still up-in-the-air.  Here's why:   First I look at cities of 5000 to 7000 population within about 100 miles from home, and I think about the city councils and mayors of these small town cities, and I think that without financial support of many many many millions of dollars, they would never be considered for a gubernatorial post; so my first unanswered question is "Where did the money come from?"

I'm also wondering about the ethics questions; these are unresolved.

Although Sara has fire she hasn't proven, to my satisfaction, she has a high level brain.  The party has been too protective of Palin.  Let her use her own brain to convince us of her abilities.  It's not enough to be loud.

Dennis

Well, I'm of the opinion that a community organizer with questionable ties to criminals, admitted terrorists, radical preachers, Muslims, relatives in Africa in armed opposition to current government, who cannot make a decision by a record of voting present more times than either yea or nay, who's economic policy of share the wealth is just semantics regarding communism, desires to increase taxes with the middle class paying the resultant increases in goods and services, government funding for those who had no business buying homes due unqualified income, adamantly opposed to firearms in the populace and may not be a natural citizen, to be much more egregious traits that make him unqualified to be President way less than Sarah Palin.  At least, she makes decisions, has an energy policy, supports firearms in public hands, fiscal responsibility in government and smaller federal government with less taxes.  The points raised regarding skepticism of Palin are extremely minimal in value, when one considers Obama.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Dee

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 08:05:43 AM »
Did I just wake up in the 1950's???  Did I really just read that Sarah is not qualified to be v.p. b/c she is a woman???  We need a real man to run this country???  She should go home and be a wife and mother???  I must be naive, but I didn't realize that sexism existed to this extent in today's society.  Maybe what this country needs is a strong woman to come along and fix the mess that you "real men" have created over the centuries for us!!!  We have been cleaning up and keeping you men straight at home for years...why not start where it matters?

Heather

I had a feeling you were gonna have somethin to say about that post. ;D
Although I agree with his rendition of voting same ole same ole, he has apparently never heard of Margret Thatcher aka The Iron Lady, or Golda Meir of Israel. Those two were terrors when crossed, and possessed excellent judgement. The President will not be required to fight the war, but instead direct it.
Palin is far more qualified than her two opponents and her running mate whom I consider to be as guilty as his Democratic opponents and more wishy washy than Obama. Obama sticks to his markist views, and McCain blows in what ever direction the political wind is blowing. All three are scoundrels (Biden, McCain & Obama).
Hind site is 2020 but, Palin should have run for President on her own. At the present she is hooked up with a looser even if he wins. jmo