Author Topic: Sara Palin... your opinions...  (Read 3652 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Sara Palin... your opinions...
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 08:18:01 AM »
I agree with Dee, look at what she has done in Alaska as Governor.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2008, 01:52:57 AM »
i  think  she  will  be  great

but  then  that  is  irrelevant

i  hate  OBAMA  so  much  that  if  i  thought  HITLER  would  win  i  would vote for  him

i will  vote  for any one  that opposes  OBAMA  that  CAN  win

2 nights  ago  i  went  to  a LIBERTARIAN  party   metting  and  ask  them  not to support our candidate
but  rather  vote PALIN  to  help stop OBAMA

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2008, 02:03:48 AM »
Did I just wake up in the 1950's???  Did I really just read that Sarah is not qualified to be v.p. b/c she is a woman???  We need a real man to run this country???  She should go home and be a wife and mother???  I must be naive, but I didn't realize that sexism existed to this extent in today's society.  Maybe what this country needs is a strong woman to come along and fix the mess that you "real men" have created over the centuries for us!!!  We have been cleaning up and keeping you men straight at home for years...why not start where it matters?

Heather

What does the Bible say?
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2008, 02:15:46 AM »
"I must be naive, but I didn't realize that sexism existed to this extent in today's society.  Maybe what this country needs is a strong woman to come along and fix the mess that you "real men" have created over the centuries for us!!!  We have been cleaning up and keeping you men straight at home for years...why not start where it matters?"

Sexisim for women is what "racisim" is for African Americans...

A white person can make a comment about a black person (or minority if you should so choose) and it will be considered racist, An african american could say something about a white person and it is just an honest opinion... Just as a guy can make a comment about a woman and it is sexist.  A woman can make the same type of comment about a guy and its just "good advice" on the part of the woman...

I shall refer to it from this day forward as reverse sexisim!

I am but a pawn in the world of double standards...

I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2008, 03:45:59 AM »
Now if I understand the mainstream thinking, Sarah Palin should have prepared herself for this opportunity by choosing a couple of avowed commies to study under; becomes a lawyer and community organizer (what ever that is) and then as a small-time legislator she could have spent most of her time running for the top job.

All that time she wasted as a mayor, gas and oil commisioner and governor were wrong-headed and misguided, because she had to spend far too much of her time running things and didn't leave enough time for writing a stupid book about her misspent youth and making all the right moves to break into big-city machine politics.  She also totally missed out on the chance to attend a church and augment her philosophy under a preacher who hates the USA and she didn't get to work for a terrorist and pass out funds to radicalize education.  Sarah simply hasn't done what it takes.
Swingem

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2008, 04:08:28 AM »
Now if I understand the mainstream thinking, Sarah Palin should have prepared herself for this opportunity by choosing a couple of avowed commies to study under; becomes a lawyer and community organizer (what ever that is) and then as a small-time legislator she could have spent most of her time running for the top job.

All that time she wasted as a mayor, gas and oil commisioner and governor were wrong-headed and misguided, because she had to spend far too much of her time running things and didn't leave enough time for writing a stupid book about her misspent youth and making all the right moves to break into big-city machine politics.  She also totally missed out on the chance to attend a church and augment her philosophy under a preacher who hates the USA and she didn't get to work for a terrorist and pass out funds to radicalize education.  Sarah simply hasn't done what it takes.

Excellent satire.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2008, 12:16:50 PM »

Margaret Thatcher was a woman, and a damn good leader. I do however, agree that Palin should never have lowered herself to run with a horse trader such as McCain. Horse trader you say? How many horses has he jumped on and off of in the last year? Hell, in the last 3 weeks?
As far as the Constitution candidate I know little about him and until very recently did not even know his name. I'm lazy at times, and Bob Barr the Libertarian candidate, was and is far and away above McCain and Obama in quality concerning the Constitution and Bill of Rights. It is said, A LOT, that folks such as I, are wasting our vote, however as I see it, they are wasting theirs. They are giving up their voice out of fear of defeat. Rightness has nothing to do with their theology. Fear causes them to vote for an inferior candidate.
With that said, I find your remark concerning SHEEPLE and their business, very un-offensive. Your referral to Tyrant I feel however, is innapropriate, as I would think coyote would be a better description. A Tyrant will stand up and tell you what he REALLY thinks, and not concern himself with consequences. A coyote will sneak around. Agreed?

Yea! I like the Coyote description better.
As far as M. Thatcher and G. M. being good leaders, we don't agree,but who does agree on everything? ;)
I knew I would raise the temperature on a few female and liberal posters on the forum, and be called a Male C. pig for my comments, but I sort of like to stir the pot every now and then.

I do agree with her, about the mess our past male leaders have left the country in, and part of the blame can be linked to the feminizing of the male masses.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2008, 05:00:24 PM »
nw-hunter, I can appreciate your testosterone rush, I have them occasionally even at my age, but attributing the mess our country is in to feminizing the male population is hardly the problem in Washington. It's more along the lines of GREED.
I have very little use (actually no use) for queers and such, but this is not a complicated issue concerning Washington D.C.
Folks have been playing with their bass boats, watching NASCAR and football, drinking beer, and having belching contests, and proving how crude they can be, all the while not paying attention, and they let someone else run THEIR BUSINESS, while they played.
Lets put the blame where it belongs, and leave the macho in the truck. It actually has nothing to do with thievery and greed, just bullying, and acting stupid.
I don't mind stirring the pot either, but not just to see the flies swarm. Good judgement comes in all shapes and sizes. But then again so does bad judgement. McCain though a two faced scoundrel, is hardly the product of feminization. Come up with something more in context rather than just being crude. It diminishes your credibility.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2008, 05:50:37 AM »
Did I just wake up in the 1950's???  Did I really just read that Sarah is not qualified to be v.p. b/c she is a woman???  We need a real man to run this country???  She should go home and be a wife and mother???  I must be naive, but I didn't realize that sexism existed to this extent in today's society.  Maybe what this country needs is a strong woman to come along and fix the mess that you "real men" have created over the centuries for us!!!  We have been cleaning up and keeping you men straight at home for years...why not start where it matters?

Heather

What does the Bible say?

Enlighten me what does the bible say swampy?  I'm not to good to read, just point me in the direction of what you are talking about...the bible says A LOT!

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2008, 05:51:47 AM »
"I must be naive, but I didn't realize that sexism existed to this extent in today's society.  Maybe what this country needs is a strong woman to come along and fix the mess that you "real men" have created over the centuries for us!!!  We have been cleaning up and keeping you men straight at home for years...why not start where it matters?"

Sexisim for women is what "racisim" is for African Americans...

A white person can make a comment about a black person (or minority if you should so choose) and it will be considered racist, An african american could say something about a white person and it is just an honest opinion... Just as a guy can make a comment about a woman and it is sexist.  A woman can make the same type of comment about a guy and its just "good advice" on the part of the woman...

I shall refer to it from this day forward as reverse sexisim!

I am but a pawn in the world of double standards...

Ya liked that did ya?   ;D ;D

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2008, 09:53:03 AM »
Enlighten me what does the bible say swampy?

1 Timothy chapter 2

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Titus Chapter 2

3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

5To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Proverbs 31

10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Dee

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2008, 10:26:15 AM »

1 Timothy chapter 2

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

This particular scripture is speaking about a womans postion IN THE CHURCH! It has nothing to do with outside the church, and is in NO WAY REFERENCING SECULAR GOVERNMENT.
THE SWAMPER HAS AS USUAL TAKEN SCRIPTURE "OUT OF CONTEXT" TO TWIST FOR HIS OWN USE.
::)

Titus Chapter 2

3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

5To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

These three verses from Titus also speak of a womans place in the Church in the way of conduct and teaching IN THE CHURCH. The "keepers at home" in verse 5 speaks of GOOD LIVING, and order in the home thru a GODLY LIFE.
Still nothing about SECULAR GOVERNMENT.

Proverbs 31

11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

Does that mean that she went out and bought and sold, and traded to helped feed and clothe her family?

15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
 16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

Well indeed it must, as she was given the power to purchase property, and food for not only the family but, her assistants (her maidens).

18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

Well it would also seem that she is trusted to help provide for the poor and needy also wouldn't it. Hmmmm

23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

Her husband is in good standing in the community, and she is a good craftswomen, and business woman.

27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

I THINK ALL THIS SCRIPTURE PRETTY WELL VALIDATES THE FACT THAT SOMEONE LIKE SARAH PALIN IS BOTH QUALIFIED, ADEPT, AND BLESSED BY GOD TO TAKE A LEADERSHIP ROLE OUTSIDE THE CHURCH.
VERY GOOD SWAMPY! THANKS FOR LOOKING ALL THIS UP.
;)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2008, 10:29:33 AM »
This particular scripture is speaking about a womans postion IN THE CHURCH! It has nothing to do with outside the church, and is in NO WAY REFERENCING SECULAR GOVERNMENT.

I wouldn't presume to say what God meant.  I simply quoted God's Word, word for word.

The Bible doesn't actually mean what it says? :(

Opps!  I forgot Dee is God's spokesperson here on earth because God is too dumb to actually say what he means.....my bad!

Offline Guy Pike

• Contributor
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2008, 12:15:12 PM »
Mrs. Thatcher lived through the "blitz" and Tante Golda emigrated to Palestine in the twenties and rubbed shoulders with the likes of Ben Gurion, Sharon and Dayan. Sarah has been fortunate to have a bit easier life. I would however like to see her get the chance to really show her stuff!
You can't beat a Cerberus!

Offline powderman

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2008, 12:35:09 PM »
DEE. I believe Sara would be a better leader than the other 3, as do you. Why then, are you determined to throw away your vote to help osama get elected????? POWDERMAN.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2008, 12:53:34 PM »

I wouldn't presume to say what God meant.  I simply quoted God's Word, word for word.

Opps!  I forgot Dee is God's spokesperson here on earth because God is too dumb to actually say what he means.....my bad!

OK so let me see if I have this right.  You think that God says it is wrong for women to hold positions of leadership and should be silent, but you voted for Palin?  ???  I'm confused! 

Heather

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2008, 01:01:21 PM »
I considered my vote as a vote against Satan.  IMO the Democrats are Satan's minions.  I think Mrs. Palin is a fine lady.  What else could I do?  My wife voted too.

In a war, sometimes things have to be done that we might not otherwise do.  I cannot say that what I did was right.  I can only say it's what I did.  It's a paradox I suppose.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2008, 01:05:22 PM »
I considered my vote as a vote against Satan.  IMO the Democrats are Satan's minions.  I think Mrs. Palin is a fine lady.  What else could I do?  My wife voted too.

In a war, sometimes things have to be done that we might not otherwise do.  I cannot say that what I did was right.  I can only say it's what I did.

If your wife jumped off a bridge would you?

Heather

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2008, 01:06:07 PM »
well   swamp  man   you  have  your  opinion  but  colan  powell  diagrees   with  you

does  he  know  something  we  don't

to  back  a communist  he  must  be  paid  to  oppse  you
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2008, 01:09:02 PM »

In a war, sometimes things have to be done that we might not otherwise do.  I cannot say that what I did was right.  I can only say it's what I did.

If your wife jumped off a bridge would you?

Heather

I guess I'm missing something.  What does my wife have to do with my comments?  She doesn't believe women should vote, but she voted.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2008, 01:13:57 PM »

What else could I do?  My wife voted too.

I guess I'm missing something.  What does my wife have to do with my comments?  She doesn't believe women should vote, but she voted.

I'm sorry.  To me this implied that b/c your wife voted you had no choice and just followed her.

Offline Dee

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2008, 01:14:19 PM »
DEE. I believe Sara would be a better leader than the other 3, as do you. Why then, are you determined to throw away your vote to help osama get elected????? POWDERMAN.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Why are YOU determined to run YOUR doctrine down MY throat, or anyone else's that doesn't agree with YOU.?????????
You are voting for the same ole same ole. You are throwing away not only your vote, but your voice. I'm voting for an HONEST MAN, and your voting for politician that has changed horses so many times, you can't even keep count, and think YOUR right?
This is America powderman. I vote the way "I" see it. Not the way "YOU" see it.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2008, 02:46:08 PM »

"My bad" would be correct in this case. Myself ,I would be a little more careful in what you say in reference to the ALMIGHTY, even if sarcasm. The Bible means what it says, but when you pull out a verse without the CONTEXT, then we are dealing with being misleading, ignorant or both.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2008, 02:49:45 PM »

1 Timothy chapter 2

THE SWAMPER HAS AS USUAL TAKEN SCRIPTURE "OUT OF CONTEXT" TO TWIST FOR HIS OWN USE.
::)

Titus Chapter 2

These three verses from Titus also speak of a womans place in the Church in the way of conduct and teaching IN THE CHURCH. The "keepers at home" in verse 5 speaks of GOOD LIVING, and order in the home thru a GODLY LIFE.
Still nothing about SECULAR GOVERNMENT.

Proverbs 31

Does that mean that she went out and bought and sold, and traded to helped feed and clothe her family?

Well indeed it must, as she was given the power to purchase property, and food for not only the family but, her assistants (her maidens).

Well it would also seem that she is trusted to help provide for the poor and needy also wouldn't it. Hmmmm

Her husband is in good standing in the community, and she is a good craftswomen, and business woman.

I THINK ALL THIS SCRIPTURE PRETTY WELL VALIDATES THE FACT THAT SOMEONE LIKE SARAH PALIN IS BOTH QUALIFIED, ADEPT, AND BLESSED BY GOD TO TAKE A LEADERSHIP ROLE OUTSIDE THE CHURCH.
VERY GOOD SWAMPY! THANKS FOR LOOKING ALL THIS UP.
;)

Dee, that is all spot on! And in this case, Todd can be Mister Mom just fine, I think they would be able to pay the bills just fine with her Income!  ::)
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »
You and Dee are as full of crap as a Christmas goose.  The verse is perfectly in context.  The Bible means what it says.

Offline Dee

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2008, 03:01:01 PM »
You and Dee are as full of crap as a Christmas goose.  The Bible means what it says.

LOL! Swampy I can't get mad at you. Your entertainment. As goofy as a stomped ant. But entertaining just the same. LOL!

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2008, 03:05:54 PM »
And you need medical treatment.

Offline Dee

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2008, 03:11:13 PM »
I sure do. This flu just about done me in. LOL!

Offline powderman

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2008, 03:12:36 PM »
DEE. My vote will count in the final tally, yours won't. I'm voting against an evil the likes that America has never seen before, osama obama. I guess I keep on because beating osama is a must, and you 3rd party voters refuse to help do that. It will be Mccain, or osama, you know that. If osama wins this will be on your head, not mine. My vote will be counted, and my conscience clear that I did everything I could to defeat this evil, you will not be able to say that. Very sad. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2008, 03:16:05 PM »
You can't reason with someone that's Bipolar....