Author Topic: Sara Palin... your opinions...  (Read 3641 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Sara Palin... your opinions...
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2008, 03:33:11 PM »
I will be able to say anything I damn well please powderman. Your analogy of your bad voting habits being the right voting habits, rolls off me like water on a duck's back. I consider your behavior toward people whom disagree with you as, panic and fear of the adversary on your part.
If McCain looses, and well he could, maybe you and many others can garner enough intestinal fortitude among yourselves to step out of the circus ring you have been conditioned to perform in and stand up for what's right, instead of doing as your told, which in this case is voting for a scoundrel.
The reason we have a loser like McCain in the first place is because of people like you, that are wishy-washy and can't make up you mind what to do, even when it is obvious.
I made my mind up, whom the best candidate was the first week by educating myself with voting records. Folks like you jump around from candidate to candidate because your lazy, and indecisive.
NO! I'm not to blame for this travesty of candidate choice. YOU ARE, AND ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU. YOUR VOTE WON'T BE COUNTED. JUST "CONSIDERED PARR FOR THE COURSE, AND DEPENDABLE". YOUR A FAILURE AS AN AMERICAN VOTER. YOU HAVE NOT THE COURAGE TO VOTE FOR WHATS RIGHT, AND YOUR LACK OF COURAGE HAS CAUSED YOU TO VOTE OUT OF FEAR! SO powderman, RUN CHICHKEN RUN, from the fight. Vote Republican and "STAY IN LINE LEMMING"! ;)
With that said I withdrawing from the conversation. Your voice is lost in the rush to the water.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2008, 03:34:57 PM »
Seek help!!!!!
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Dee

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »
You can't reason with someone that's Bipolar....

Swampy, I'm not Bipolar. I'm by Dallas. It almost never snows here. You need to work on your geography, and quit eatin so many of those smart pills out of your back yard. Their causin you to get worse. ;D ;)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2008, 03:56:05 PM »
nw-hunter, I can appreciate your testosterone rush, I have them occasionally even at my age, but attributing the mess our country is in to feminizing the male population is hardly the problem in Washington. It's more along the lines of GREED.
I have very little use (actually no use) for queers and such, but this is not a complicated issue concerning Washington D.C.
Folks have been playing with their bass boats, watching NASCAR and football, drinking beer, and having belching contests, and proving how crude they can be, all the while not paying attention, and they let someone else run THEIR BUSINESS, while they played.
Lets put the blame where it belongs, and leave the macho in the truck. It actually has nothing to do with thievery and greed, just bullying, and acting stupid.
I don't mind stirring the pot either, but not just to see the flies swarm. Good judgement comes in all shapes and sizes. But then again so does bad judgement. McCain though a two faced scoundrel, is hardly the product of feminization. Come up with something more in context rather than just being crude. It diminishes your credibility.
I could care less if you think I'm crude! You should read the columns before commenting. I said Feminization is (PART) of the problem. Greed is a big part of it!

As far as leaving my Macho in the truck.........I'm a man, (old man) and I don't become a woman, when I leave my truck. (I still drive a truck). I believe women have a very important role to play, just not leading a nation. So go ahead and call names, because I could give a "hoot" about your opinion of my credibility.

~"A government big enough to give you everything you
want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
~ Thomas Jefferson

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2008, 04:06:02 PM »
DEE. I hope some of the rest aren't as big osama fans as you are. There might be hope to beat him, at least my vote will count towards that goal. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Skunk

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2008, 04:09:32 PM »
Opps!  I forgot Dee is God's spokesperson here on earth...my bad...you can't reason with someone that's Bipolar...

Ah OK Dee, the truth about you finally comes out. I knew there was something different, maybe even special, about you, but I would have never dreamed in a million years that you are God's bipolar spokesperson here on earth. That puts you right up there with that Catholic Pope.  ;D ;D
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2008, 04:14:18 PM »
Opps!  I forgot Dee is God's spokesperson here on earth...my bad...you can't reason with someone that's Bipolar...

Ah OK Dee, the truth about you finally comes out. I knew there was something different, maybe even special, about you, but I would have never dreamed in a million years that you are God's bipolar spokesperson here on earth. That puts you right up there with that Catholic Pope.  ;D ;D

I don't think Dee is evil, just ill.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2008, 04:14:49 PM »
You and Dee are as full of crap as a Christmas goose.  The verse is perfectly in context.  The Bible means what it says.

I forgot that you don't know what the word context means, just as you get "ethics" confused with weapon types, think TC copied the Rem 710 with the ICON, think it takes at least a .30 cal. to kill a Deer, etc. A combination of different forums within GBO I know, but indicates you are one confused individual.  :o
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2008, 01:35:15 AM »
   I think Sarah will make a fine VP and an even better president. I unlike some of our bipolar posters here have stuck by my choice even though they have made some bad choices. Heck I remember one of our posters started a thread on how picking Palin was the only thing that coulda got them to vote for Mc Cain. Now this same person is bashing and whining about Sarah. I dunno if it's Bipolar or just as the old saying goes, "a woman has a right to change her mind".

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2008, 12:21:45 PM »
You and Dee are as full of crap as a Christmas goose.  The verse is perfectly in context.  The Bible means what it says.

I forgot that you don't know what the word context means, just as you get "ethics" confused with weapon types, think TC copied the Rem 710 with the ICON, think it takes at least a .30 cal. to kill a Deer, etc. A combination of different forums within GBO I know, but indicates you are one confused individual.  :o

Not confused, correct is the word you're looking for.  I'm always correct.  See, that wasn't so tough.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2008, 02:19:54 PM »

Not confused, correct is the word you're looking for.  I'm always correct.  See, that wasn't so tough.

;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline jcn59

• Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2008, 03:17:44 PM »
Good reasons not to vote democrat.
Vote them all out, EVERY election!

Does anyone remember the scene from "Quigley Down Under" showing the aborigines lined up on the skyline as far as you could see?   That needs to be US!
NRA Life Member

Offline deltecs

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2008, 08:34:44 PM »
The emotional stress Dems place upon air, children, and social morals is like the pet going to the pound for irresponsible ownership.  Almost all Americans have compassion and empathy.  No one wants pets to be exterminated unnecessarily or for waste.  The facts are not about hunting. The facts are about getting votes from hunters.  The truth is the 2 nd Amendment is about the people having the means to resist government abuse of rights.  Forget all the rhetoric about Obama's campaign ads about sportsman for Obama.  This is the magicians smokescreen to delude the public into believing the trick is real.  It is not about hunting; our firearms rights are just that.  A right to resist government excesses and hunting is not at issue, not should it be.  Yet, most Americans would attempt to limit your arms for hunting purposes.  WHY?
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2008, 03:42:56 AM »
   I think Sarah will make a fine VP and an even better president. I unlike some of our bipolar posters here have stuck by my choice even though they have made some bad choices. Heck I remember one of our posters started a thread on how picking Palin was the only thing that coulda got them to vote for Mc Cain. Now this same person is bashing and whining about Sarah. I dunno if it's Bipolar or just as the old saying goes, "a woman has a right to change her mind".

What's funny is that while Billy want's to try and call somebody out, he lacks the ability to use that person's name... That's a fairly cowardly act...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline powderman

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2008, 12:05:47 PM »
SSSAM. Theres nothing cowardly about Billy. I believe he's been told by the powers that be not to name names, I had no trouble figuring out who he was talking about. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2008, 12:11:57 PM »
I have a weakness for brunettes.  I think she would be a lot easier on the eyes than Joe Obiden.  Give her vote guys!!

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2008, 03:21:09 PM »
There's something missing in Biden's brain. Just listen to him talk. His last speech he told the audience the election is about that "3 letter word" -"JOBS". Something is screwy up there.
I found the dems have moved so far to the left their candidate has embraced the philosophy of DAS Kapital by Marx and the redistribution of wealth.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2008, 04:40:15 AM »
"You really need to stop referring to him as a SHE or I'm gonna hafta take it as a personal attack and you do know the rules here on that."

PM, I'm pretty sure Greybeard was speaking of childish namecalling rather than naming names...
I've been called out by name often, by many people, Including GB... I've also called out people and waved the BS flag on several occasions... Billy's use of a "blanket" comment was indeed a cowardly act in the fact that it was a failed attempt at a personal attack w/o pointing fingers... he may as well just named the fellow...

Methinks Billy's use of "crawfish" tactics would land him a great career as a politician! :D
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Dee

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2008, 05:17:53 AM »
I dunno if it's Bipolar or just as the old saying goes, "a woman has a right to change her mind".

Billy I don't know if you are just trying to be a smart ass or are operating under some false assumption based on the user name of Dee but the fellow in the avatar is Dee. You really need to stop referring to him as a SHE or I'm gonna hafta take it as a personal attack and you do know the rules here on that.

GB, I appreciate the defense, but Billy knows, and as you say, these topics are best discussed face to face. Civility would be much more apparent with folks like him, if it were face to face rather than from behind a key board with little chance of consequences.  I have blocked his emails probably a year ago due to his juvenility. Internet Rambos such as him, are to be ignored and he is being.  My quote from Proverbs says it all. Thanks anyway.  ;)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2008, 06:51:42 AM »
I'm not sure if I've actually responded to the actual question asked by the OP or not and am not gonna read back thru to be sure. I'm pretty sure I have not but here goes either way.

I am basically and fundamentally against women in politics. Most I've seen just seem to do a HORRIBLE job take the governor of LA as an example altho only a single example she is very typical of most of them I've noticed in politics. Want more look to the US Senate or at the current speaker of the house. Such folks do not in my opinion belong in politics. Want another? How about Hillery.

OK so more to the point what do I think of Sara? Actually I think quite highly of her. From what I've seen and heard of her so far she seems a shining exception to the general rule of what happens when women enter politics. She is bright, clearly well educated and has a level head on her shoulders. She is quite honestly the first and so far only woman I could support for the job of President of the US. I'd still rather see a man in the position but of those currently involved in the process who might one day sit there she is to me the most qualified of them and I do think would do a better job than either of the other three now in the running.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2008, 07:27:56 AM »
My thoughts on Sarah....  For the most part I like here.  I like her down to earthiness, her hunting, and fishing.  I like the fact that she will stand up against corruption.  I am worried that her being thrown into Washington politics will tarnish her reputation quite a bit, especially if she follows along behind McCains every whim.  I applaud her for her accomplishments in politics while balancing a family at home.  My major concern lies with that fact.  She is a mother, and any good mother puts her children first.  I know most politicians are parents, but most have a spouse at home.  Where will the kids be when Sarah is off politicking and Todd is off fishing?  Where will her priorities lie?  Will she go home and tend to her 1 sick child, or will she continue her planned feed the children trip to help thousands of kids?  I commend her for taking on this type of responsibility, but I believe anyone running for Pres or VP should be able to put 100% into their roll.  I don't see how it will be possible for her to do that.  Her teenage daughter is pregnant.  I know people who are already asking...She can't even control what is going on in her immediate family, how is she gonna run the country?  I personally feel that a teenage girl getting pregnant is definitely not the worst thing a teenager could do, and I feel in no way is it Sarah's fault.  I'm just bringing it up to add that she is about to be a grandmother to.  I sure hope she is superwoman, because that is what it is gonna take to be wife, mother of 5, grandmother, and Vice President of the United States.  I will say that only a woman could take on that much. ;D ;D j/k

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2008, 07:47:30 AM »
she  can  handle  it

i  am  a single  dad  with  no education

i  have 3  kids in  college  and  have  done  very  well  in   the  last 8  years

i  really  don't  want  change

CAN  YOU  SAY '' FIRST  NANNY''

but  i  think  she  will  bring  a  good  change  and  offset  her  liberal  running  mate

Hillery ran [and  lost]  and  she  couldn't  control  her  man

before  she  was  on  the  ticket  i  gave  thought to voting libertarian

is  there  any thing  else  i can  say  to  get  people  of  the  fence  and  go  vote  for  her TODAY
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2008, 07:50:23 AM »
as long as you apply that equally to all the men running, fine.  but you are not doing that, and that is sexist.   one standard is enough, we dont need two.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2008, 01:33:04 PM »
  As for myself my support for Mc Cain has been so so at best, my support of Sarah Palin now has been unwavering. She is a down to earth decent seeming outdoors type person. But at least my support for her has been consistant, unlike others here who get so excited about her being named to the VP slot they start a thread about it.Then they turn 180 degrees and bash the heck outa her. As for a woman leadin g this country Maggie Thatcher did one heck of a job running Great Briton. I'm willing to give it a chance.

Now as for DEE I apologise for taking your name as feminine. I will look at the little sybol after this. As for being an internet Rambo say what you want you have never served in the militery and never served in combat,and I had a 1 as the first number in my MOS, I have done both. Stormin Normin was one hell of a leader. I'd vote him as president in half a heartbeat.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »
how  does PALIN  compare  to colon powel??
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2008, 01:49:29 PM »
Stormin Normin was one hell of a leader. I'd vote him as president in half a heartbeat.
i cant agree with that last half of the sentence.  ego maniac from hell.  generals are from a world where everyone has to jump when they say.  while i like someone who is not afraid to make hard decisions; old generals scare the hell out of me when it comes to the president's position.   i prefer a civilian for the job, someone who has good values, stands up to wrong, has a great track record, and walks the walk.  someone exactly like sara palin.    

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2008, 01:54:22 PM »
I guess I saw Powel as the Armys EO posterboy.Just my opinion and I served under him.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2008, 01:27:18 AM »
C.P.  went to govt. for a job ( ARMY ) , then to Washington after the Army . Mrs. Palin is going to do a job ! not to have a job .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !