Author Topic: Clear explanation of why our financial house is in disarray...  (Read 758 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  Much blabber and bluster about how we got ointo the financial mess we are in today. jibjab cuts to the quick.

www.jibjab.com/view/253615
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Clear explanation of why our financial house is in disarray...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 01:39:26 AM »
I think this has alot to do with the war and the price of oil. Not with people lost there job couldn't pay the house note.  If you were a banker and someone paid two years on a house note. Then Left you have two years of payment and the house your ahead.  Why would the banker give loans to people with no jobs ?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 03:51:12 AM »
  ms;
  You better check up on the liberal legislators and "community organizers" that founded ACORN and such groups that in turn, coersed the Clinton admin and the Dems to make a law forcing lending institutions to float loans to non-employed people, under the guise of "affordable housing".  Look it up..it's the law..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 04:37:50 AM »
  ms;
  You better check up on the liberal legislators and "community organizers" that founded ACORN and such groups that in turn, coersed the Clinton admin and the Dems to make a law forcing lending institutions to float loans to non-employed people, under the guise of "affordable housing".  Look it up..it's the law..
I agree with what you say but not to show proof of a job. I can't see a bank doing that crazy.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 11:13:57 AM »
  They were rel;ying on a govt "bailout"if their gambles went sour...

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 01:04:03 PM »
Buffet bought a HUGE stake in them just before the bail out and publicly stated the ONLY reason he did was he KNEW the government would do the right thing and that he'd wind up clearing a few billion on the deal.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 03:47:21 PM »
i  talked to  a Friend  that  runs  a credit  union

he  took  it   over  when  my  father-in-law  left

they are  required  to wright  100%  loans  or  face charges  during  the Clinton   years

poor  people  for  the  most  part  are  worthless-

they  contracted  to  repay  the  money  and  didn't

freedom  isn't  free  and  they  re  thieves  if  they  don't pay up
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 09:20:29 PM »
  ms;

ummm hate to say it but your wrong... first of all Clinton persuaded the federal reserve chairman to change the ratings requirements for banks thereby forcing the banks to make the risky loans to get the better ratings.... no laws and the dem's did not hold majority when this all took place which is the reason Clinton had to do it the way he did...   Again I beg you people stop talking out of your a.s.s. and do a little research... please...
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 02:42:46 AM »
  In any case, we know where the responsibility lies ! You don't think there was any coercion toward Clinton's and their cronies that wanted to get re-elected ? Politics, is all about coercion..promising to deliver or not deliver the vote..and as the case of ACORN, they often do it with our money. They even tried to give ACORN some in the bailout package.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 06:00:39 AM »
  ms;

ummm hate to say it but your wrong... first of all Clinton persuaded the federal reserve chairman to change the ratings requirements for banks thereby forcing the banks to make the risky loans to get the better ratings.... no laws and the dem's did not hold majority when this all took place which is the reason Clinton had to do it the way he did...   Again I beg you people stop talking out of your a.s.s. and do a little research... please...
  Thanks matt