Author Topic: new slugger added to collection,  (Read 776 times)

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
new slugger added to collection,
« on: October 21, 2008, 02:56:38 PM »
thanks to andy{ msp ret } for the barrel i put this puppy togather over the weekend with spare  parts i had , its a  18.5 slug barrel, a sb2 frame and some spare stocks i had,  made a  nice slug gun forthe upcoming gun season here in ohio,  she has a tad  bit of bite  since the stock set is an old  topper set  with hard plastic butt plate , but it  puts rem sluggers  in a nice  group outto 50 yards  for me so i cant ask for more ,  so anyone have a good pet name for this  puppy? 

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: new slugger added to collection,
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »
I think this should be a poll with the winner having to shoot 10 slugs in a row out of it, wearing a tee shirt....<><.... :D

I am serious about the poll though. Some names? Here are two I mentioned to Shaner already, "Shorty", and the second is one he used in a sentence about his new gun, "The Beast".  Perhaps the winner could be allowed to escape the punishment by supplying Shaner with an old beat up shotgen buttstock with a recoil pad the he could refinish to match the forearm and lessen the bruising. Oh well, the good thing is it should only take one inexpensive Remington 2 3/4" standard Slugger to put meat on the pole this season, and as everyone knows, when you have that nice tasty deer all lined up in your sights and slowly pull the trigger back you never feel nor remember any recoil. Shaner, Best of luck with the naming of your new little friend. Oh! There is name #3, "My little friend"....<><....:)

puppy?, my puppy?, that could be the name as well...as in, "Well I think I'll get my puppy and go for a walk in the woods"
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline cgoff

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 03:25:16 PM »
 The "PUNISHER"  I have a similar setup I made and it def. punishes the shooter

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 03:53:19 PM »
 :o :'( is yours a 12 ga also? i cant ever see usein that scope mount hahahah

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 04:48:39 PM »
 Little Thunder!! ;)

I got a 12, 20 and 410 cut down like that and I love all 3 of 'em.
The 20 and 410 are scoped
The 12 is wearing irons and is brutal with slugs!!

10 slugs out of that one.....   Not me!!!

Spanky

Offline cgoff

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 05:09:27 AM »
yes it's a 12 gauge, I use a little 2 power scope that sits in front of the hammer.

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 07:01:38 AM »
shaner,

That looks just like the one I made from an old pardner... I cut it down to 18.5" added a peep sight and a front blade... That thing is a shoulder bruiser...  The guys at the range had to come see what I was shooting because every time I pulled the trigger it would almost knock me off the bench...

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 10:56:19 AM »
I think it would look better if you got the rasp out and removed the pistol grip.  I am really surprised that MSP Ret didn't recomend that  ;)
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 12:03:38 PM »
your right on target Doug ( ;D), I have offered to do it if he sent me the stock set. I do think it would be great that way, quick to get on target and real "Handi", however it should probably have a recoil pad. Of course for that one shot a year at a deer it won't matter!!!....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 04:00:31 AM »
I don't have a shorty or a slug gun but I do have a 12 gauge with 28" (27.5") modified barrel and I put a slip on "sissy pad" on the thing.  Weighs 5 lbs 8 oz.  Without that pad you kinda look at your animal and say "Just how bad do I want this thing in the freezer" since you know it's gonna hurt.