Author Topic: Anybody know antique R. Noske scopes?  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Robert

• Trade Count: (0)
Anybody know antique R. Noske scopes?
« on: August 08, 2003, 07:43:27 PM »
I have had one for years that came side mounted on my first P-17, it has been sitting in my closet and I just finally figured out the worn out name with a strong magnifier.  This thing is really old and has really outdated windage and elevation settings, it is about 2x with a micro-thin crosshair and a center dot. 7/8ths straight tube with about 1&1/4 bell at the eyepeice only.  It also say's US Pat. Pend  and a '4' in the center of the logo.
....make it count

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Anybody know antique R. Noske scopes?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 11:06:30 AM »
I know just enough to tell you they were once many many long years ago highly thought of. They were considered to be the class glass of their day. But today even a cheapo would be of better optical quality and far more suitable for use.

It is possible you might find someone interested in it as a collectors item but unlikely as a scope for use unless someone just has to have a period correct scope on an old rifle.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline swede

• Trade Count: (0)
I am looking for a Noseke scope and mounts
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2003, 05:21:10 AM »
Yes, I am one of those guys who "just" has to have the period scope :wink:  and mounts...heh...heh.
I have an old rifle I bought from a friend that has a Noske base drilled and tapped to the side of the reciever (with three big holes).  I would like to keep the rifle to it's period (and make use of the base that is their), to do this I need a Noske scope and the Noske parts to complete the setup.
If you could help it would be most appreciated.
Thanks!.........Swede.