Author Topic: Anyone in Eastern Washington?  (Read 1081 times)

Offline galster69

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
Anyone in Eastern Washington?
« on: October 28, 2008, 08:11:09 AM »
I'm new to the Spokane area and have never bagged a deer.  I grew up in NC and my stepdad was an avid deer hunter.  Unfortunately we weren't very close (since moving across the country we've become closer..go figure) so I didn't get a chance to go with him much.  I watched and helped him gut and skin many a deer though.  I'd love to get the chance to bag a big game animal here in Spokane to fill the freezer, not looking for a trophy.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick

Offline sixgun_symphony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • Rabid, Avid Shooter
    • http://www.myspace.com/sixgun_symphony
Re: Anyone in Eastern Washington?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 03:03:22 AM »
 I am from WA state and a member of the Renton Fish & Game Club, but I am in Iraq. My advise is that you join a local gun club and make friends.

NRA - Endowment Life Member
NMLRA - Life Member
SASS - #62632

Offline TheSilverSlayer

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 06:38:46 PM »
I am originally from Seatac, but live in Ellensburg.  You are in a good area if you like to hunt turkeys. Just head up to colville. I hear there is some good deer hunting out there as well.

Offline galster69

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 07:02:12 PM »
Lol....I actually am a member of the Spokane Rifle Club.  I met a guy there and he took me hunting near Colville.  Shot my first deer with one of my own .270 handloads.  A beautiful 4X4 buck dropped dead in it's tracks at 4 pm Sunday...the last day of the hunting trip.  That was sweet!  I also heard there were some turkey in the area but where we hunt is too far into the mountains for Turkey from what the guys that hunt there tell me.